don't click here

Sonic Frontiers Thread - PS4, PS5, Xbox, Switch, PC

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by MykonosFan, May 27, 2021.

1. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

I want to see more of the game, but I want to see it properly now. So far, SEGA have onlydelivered to us a gameplay teaser, ugly B-roll footage through an IGN exclusive showcase that intentionally doesn't represent the game as a whole and then closest thing that we've had to a real trailer was the Nintendo Direct footage. It's been an absolute joke.

SEGA need to put out a full length trailer, some quality B-roll that shows the game being played well between all of its facets (including exploration, combat, puzzles, cyberspace and even a cutscene or two) and they need to allow people to record footage at events. For the any footage that SEGA produce themselves, holy fuck it needs to be in the highest quality possible. YouTube compression is one thing, but actually finding footage that does the visuals of Frontiers any justice is way more difficult that it should be. Frontiers actually looks rather nice when it isn't at sub-720p and littered with compression artifacts. You'll be hard pressed to find footage like that however.

What SEGA have put out to date is a piss-poor show. It's not clear how the game plays or what players can even expect. They need to fix that fast. Frontiers is at risk of being swept under the carpet and ignored (as if it hasn't been already) because the marketing has been pathetic. I know that's kind of become a buzz phrase in the community, but it's true. Whoever is in charge of marketing Frontiers, and Sonic games in general TBH, needs to get their arse into gear.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2022
  2. Snowbound

Snowbound

Agreed. I want to actually see this supposed gameplay loop of exploration/combat/cyberspace instead of seeing them in isolation

3. John Chrysler

John Chrysler

Can people just call TikTok and other sites like it for what it really is? It's malware. Also I don't know why Sega would purposefully use a website with a terms of service that screams malware and just show gameplay of Fronteirs the old fashion way.

4. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Because the kids don't care that Tiktok is malware as long as they can post their annoying dumb videos, and that's becoming the most popular social media platform, so more people = more exposure.

5. Londinium

Londinium

People actually read these? Member
    I've always hated that bloody app. I've detested it as far back as to when it was called Musical.ly. All it does it reduce your attention span and send your data to the Chinese Communist Party.

Don't forget that Chinese TikTok and western TikTok are vastly different. From what I've heard, Chinese TikTok usually shows normal people doing awe-inspiring things, while western TikTok usually shows teenage girls shaking their asses in front of a camera.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  6. RDNexus

RDNexus

I usually see vids of pets, cooking and chinese doing cool (overdramatic) stuff xD

Yet, why you folks deem it malware? Is it the right definition for TikTok's situation?

7. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    It collects data and it can be used by China for God knows what

But it's not the content at fault it's the platform it's on

8. Londinium

Londinium

TikTok is a Chinese company. In China, there is "a law for companies and citizens to share their information when required by the relevant authorities in name of ‘national security.'"

“When the app is in use, it has the ability to scan the entire hard drive, access the contact lists, as well as see all other apps that have been installed…..If you tell Facebook you don’t want to share something, it won’t ask you again. TikTok is much more aggressive.” says Robert Potter, the co-CEO of Internet 2.0.

According to a TikTok analysis presented by Internet 2.0, some access that TikTok requests do not seem to be necessary for a social media app:

"None of the permissions listed above should be essential. From the access scale, it is more of a harvesting behaviour that will potentially lead to a more valuable outcome for the business but barely anything to its end users."

Source: https://ausdroid.net/2022/07/28/tiktoks-data-harvesting-may-be-more-aggressive-than-you-think/

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TikTok is banned from the devices of multiple United States military branches and national security agencies.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Beyond that, TikTok's mindless format of scrolling endlessly can be a risk. Being in that format essentially means that to catch the eye of users, people have to make their content as flashy, eye-grabbing, and quick as possible. This can lead to shortened attention spans. A consequence of this is:

• poor performance at work or school
    • inability to complete daily tasks
    • missing important details or information
    • communication difficulties in relationships
    • poor health related to neglect and inability to practice healthy habits

Source: https://www.healthline.com/health/short-attention-span#risk-factors

People with shortened attention spans "are more prone to suffer psychological distress and mental health issues from high levels of social media use."

Source: https://news.curtin.edu.au/media-releases/short-attention-spans-linked-to-social-media-distress/

I hate TikTok​

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  9. Laura

Laura

Brightened Eyes Member
    TikTok and the CCP is awful but I do find it funny how people our age lambast younger kids using it when our generation got aboard the Facebook train, which steals data and is run by one of the most evil men on the planet.

In many ways it's typical aging people lambasting the young. Current TikTokers will do it too in ten years time.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  10. charcoal

charcoal

Be Cool, Be Wild, and Be Groovy Member
    Wasn't there a leak/rumor that Natewantstobattle would be doing the vocal theme? If so then that would be pretty cool, though I'm not holding my breath.

11. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Source? I've got to stress that most "leaks" are completely false and that's even the case for Frontiers despite the fact that some have been proven true. Nate contributed towards the 30th Anniversary symphony. Its not out of the question that SEGA would want to work with him on a game in the future, but it's also a very way thing to make up because it sounds believable.

12. charcoal

charcoal

Be Cool, Be Wild, and Be Groovy Member
    Yeah, I've got no source lol. Just thought it was a cool thing I heard, but again, not holding my breath.

13. John Chrysler

John Chrysler

What?

Last edited: May 19, 2023
  14. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Ya the internet is moving on from us Millenials and Gen Xers, now it's all about Gen Z. And one day it'll be the next generation after that, and eventually we'll be yelling at kids telling them to get off our virtual lawns :eng99:

15. This wouldn’t be a problem if we didn’t let Vine die…:V

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  16. Shaddy the guy

Shaddy the guy

Professional Internet asshole Member
    OR
    I remember this one. It was speculation by multiple people after a "leak" claiming the theme was to be done by a "famous youtuber". The vagueness of that statement notwithstanding, the source of that statement was...well...
    [​IMG]
    So yeah, worth taking with a grain of salt.

17. The Joebro64

The Joebro64

SAY HELLO TO MY CHOCOLATE BLEND Member
    Zippo claimed that a YouTuber well known amongst Sonic fans would be doing the theme song.

Then again, it originates from Zippo.

18. Londinium

Londinium

Vocal theme preformed by premydaremy

19. Kyro

Kyro

That would just be a poor cover of the sonic heroes theme