don't click here

Sonic Frontiers Thread - PS4, PS5, Xbox, Switch, PC

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by MykonosFan, May 27, 2021.

1. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Is nothing to do with the quality. It's great that it's a high-energy picture, with Sonic grinning as he shows off on a grind rail. It doesn't match the melancholy, quiet vibe of Frontiers that SEGA have been pushing in every other piece of media so far.

It's a fine piece of art. It just doesn't match

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  2. Snub-n0zeMunkey

Snub-n0zeMunkey

yo what up Member
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2022
  3. Kyro

Kyro

Supposedly the overly saturated version was sent out by the PR team and intended for printing in specific color formats, since the printing process would most likely wash out the colors anyways, and it seems like Games Enquirer's social media team used that one by accident when promoting frontiers at EGX and such

• Informative Informative x 3
    • List
  4. MH MD

MH MD

5. Snub-n0zeMunkey

Snub-n0zeMunkey

yo what up Member
    makes sense tbh, TikTok is insanely popular with teens

6. Starduster

Starduster

Can bench press at least two Sonic the Hedgehogs Member
    Britain
    Fighting my procrastination addiction
    Don't TikTok videos need to be really short though? Also I'm not installing a single sodding app just news on one video game at one event. Surely anything significant will go straight to the YouTube channel.

7. Snub-n0zeMunkey

Snub-n0zeMunkey

yo what up Member
    yeah TikTok is mostly bitesized (though I think some videos can be as long as 2 minutes?) so anything important will probably be shown on youtube/twitter/instagram/whatever.

I just think it makes sense from a business point of view. TikTok is the big thing right now, so it makes sense to ride that wave lol

8. Zephyr

Zephyr

US
    Maybe they're launching "TailsTok", and every week Tails will show off some new Frontiers thing.

9. Black Squirrel

Black Squirrel

no reverse gear Wiki Sysop
    Northumberland, UK
    steamboat wiki
    One will be RGB (for viewing on screens) and the other CMYK (for printing).

Neither distract me from the repeating rail texture. Or the fact that rail grinding without Soap shoes is plain weird.

10. Mookey

Mookey

I mean, short contextless videos sounds pretty in-line with Frontiers' marketing so far, so it makes sense.

11. Starduster

Starduster

Can bench press at least two Sonic the Hedgehogs Member
    Britain
    Fighting my procrastination addiction
    I mean sure but consensus is that Frontiers' marketing so far is just a bit shit.

12. Snub-n0zeMunkey

Snub-n0zeMunkey

yo what up Member
    hey I mean technically the rail grinding came before the Soap shoes :P
    [​IMG]
    my headcanon is that the Soaps were like training shoes then when he got good enough at rail grinding he just went back to his regular shoes lol

Last edited: Aug 5, 2022
  13. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    For what it's worth you can view Tiktok videos directly on a website without having to sign in, people in my D&D group have been linking them for months =P

• Informative Informative x 5
    • List
  14. Snowbound

Snowbound

The times they are a changing
    Is this website tiktok or some other site that let’s you view tiktoks? Whenever someone sends me a link to tiktok and I try to watch it on my laptop I get barraged with 10 million notifications to download the app.

To get things back to frontiers, I’m still mostly unimpressed with the game however I am curious about how the modified boost and drop dash will effect traversal. Hypothetically the combination of the boost and the drop dash could create an interesting new gameplay combination that allows users to manually implement “momentum” by choosing to drop dash down slopes. It’s not what I want out of a sonic game but I might be willing to give it a chance. That said the realistic part of my brain tells me that that the game’s collision is not meant for slopes and drop dashes to collide. We’ll see.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2022
  15. shilz

shilz

getting my daily allowance of vitamin kk
    Pretty sure they made it so videos can go up to like 10 minutes if you really want. it's just why would you when you're trying to keep people hooked and watching a whole thing?

16. You know what strikes me as odd? How have we not gotten any official music samples or character themes yet? I know they’re going in an entirely different and maybe more reserved direction this time around, but it’s still so bizarre that we’re about 3 months from launch and we still haven’t gotten anything. I’m almost 100% certain that in this point in Forces’ pre-release timeline we already had a handful of tracks posted to YouTube.

This game truly does have some questionable marketing. How have we not gotten a trailer with the main ?vocal? theme yet like say Sonic Unleashed?

17. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Have just checked: vm.tiktok.com , and no notifications - I'm using an adblocker but that's about it, no fancy not-signed-in checkers.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  18. foXcollr

foXcollr

Resident Dolphin Member
    US
    This is kind of a funny conversation to read lol, I love Tiktok. And yeah they max out at 3 minutes now, but I feel like the content is going to be designed in short-form anyway. I feel like there's a sweet spot when it comes to the best length to get the most impressions, and they'd rather split stuff up into multiple videos to get the most interactions and viewership out of it.

I feel like someone will reupload them to YouTube within a day or two, if anyone doesn't wanna watch it on the desktop site.

Also, small thing I noticed, but those 2 Cyberspace portals in the key art don't look like any of the ones I've counted previously. Can't remember how many this makes in total, but I'm consistently pleased with just how many Cyberspace portals there appears to be. The big emerald thing is also really interesting... wonder when they'll tell us what that thing actually is.

19. Shaddy the guy

Shaddy the guy

Professional Internet asshole Member
    OR
    The thing on top of the emerald structure is an emerald vault, and the gate on the cliff is definitely one we've seen.

20. Snowbound

Snowbound

E7393411-3918-4E43-B2F3-7A4D9B6FCD6A.jpeg

• Like Like x 6
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • List