don't click here

Sonic Origins Collection - General Thread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by HEDGESMFG, May 27, 2021.

1. Algo922

Algo922

It would be nice to have the roms for the other 32x & Genesis Games.
    Though If only Stealth is working on a post-update bug fix, I'd rather he focus on the original games first.

2. E-122-Psi

E-122-Psi

I'd love an Origins DLC. Even if they don't add more games there's plenty of extras you can add to the package that's there, like new characters and modes.

How about Amy, Mighty or Ray playable, Encore Modes for each of the games, or VS mode with four players or for Sonic 1 and CD? There's LOADS of potential there, and plenty of hacks have demonstrated that.

Granted it needs to be in the hands of developers who get the gist of the engine altogether before they can even consider such expansion. The fact they seemingly couldn't even add Knuckles to CD doesn't leave me hopeful.

3. RetroJordan91

RetroJordan91

The REAL Blue Sphere Guy Member
    A physical release is an absolute MUST for this kind of game. This has been one of the biggest pet peeves that consumers have been complaining about and I really hope they follow through with something like this next year.

I don’t even remember the last Sonic game that remained a digital only release aside from Sonic 4; the potential to improve Origins is still there and SEGA should jump on it; Knuckles in CD, bug fixes, etc.

Summer 2023 anyone? :V

4. Snowbound

Snowbound

The only circumstance in which I’d want an Origins Plus is if Headcanon were given the time to turn the 2P Sonic 3 stages into full levels… or maybe if they included SegaSonic. Other than that I’d rather Headcanon being given all the time in the world for a mania 2. That said we still don’t have 100% confirmation that Headcanon has been brought back. Tbh I’m more anxious about that than anything eles

5. Zephyr

Zephyr

US
    I'd love to expect anything more than some of the bugs being patched, but I feel like you guys are setting yourselves up for a second round of massive disappointment.

6. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG

Oldbie
    I only expect some bugs to get patched at this stage because they've said so and at least claim to be listening to feedback. Anything beyond that is pure speculation. Realistically I know Origins is likely simply done when a patch or 2 drops.

But hey, it's fun to hope sometimes.

7. Shaddy the guy

Shaddy the guy

Professional Internet asshole Member
    OR
    Origins will be perfectly fine if and when they get it to be less messy, all this extra content stuff would only ever be a part of a paid future DLC. Which totally could happen! It's just not going to be in a free update.

8. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    Feb 2024 would be a good opportunity as that's the 30th Anniversary of Sonic 3.

9. FollOw

FollOw

The sun sets forever over Black Water Park Oldbie
    Imagine they gave Stealth that much time to fix bugs, add quality of life changes and go hog wild with it. It would probably come out just as good as AIR or better.

10. RetroJordan91

RetroJordan91

I wouldn’t go that far beyond for an Origins physical release (that’s just my prediction but who knows, stranger things have happened), but February 2024 would be a perfect opportunity for a standalone Sonic 3 rerelease on mobile (either February or October to coincide with S&K’s release)

11. Algo922

Algo922

I would be all in for Sega to give the green-light for the team at Headcannon to work post-updating all four games (and JUST Headcannon, unless they can receive help from Taxman.)

Hell, give them another year for Headcannon's team to fix until their heart's content. Ahh, if only though.

12. Starduster

Starduster

Can bench press at least two Sonic the Hedgehogs Member
    Britain
    Fighting my procrastination addiction

New Speed Strats video, featuring a very special guest at the end of the video... :ruby:

13. RetroJordan91

RetroJordan91

Ninja’d

Although most of these strats I’ve already been using here and there during my runs, especially Sonic 1 and 2.. a nice way to close out the series and it would have been nice to have the patch out today to get back into it

14. The little Aaron Webber cameo in the end of video was cute.

15. YuTwo

YuTwo

You know I’m glad they finally officially acknowledged the “badnik bounce” being a thing at 1:28 in the video but they didn’t really properly explain how to do it. All they did was just describe it. All you have to do to execute the badnik bounce is once you are jumping to keep holding down the jump button and you’ll be able to do it.

I remember first finding out about this from a thread that was in the Sega Forums but unfortunately I forgot which specific thread it was in and even then those forums itself shut down in 2018:
    https://web.archive.org/web/2018110...2/official-sega-forums-to-close-february-2nd/

I wish I had the same foresight back then that I have now to archive everything I find interesting/informative. The good news is that the video explaining what the badnik bounce is that was in that thread is still available:

Just to show off my skills here is a badnik bounce chain that I did in Emerald Hill Zone Act 2:
    https://twitter.com/zedm256/status/1519673343347200000

Here is another chain that was done by someone else and it is so impressive. I counted 32 hits in their chain.

• Like Like x 6
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  16. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
    Nice video but he should work on his audio quality, that was painful to listen to.

17. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I'm playing Origins on steam right now and noticed that in S3K, things all the sudden felt... better. I was pulling off tricks that i always do in AIR that i couldnt do before, like getting all 50 rings on the Ice Cap slope, and the Carnival Night cylinders you run up actually worked. I checked and it says content was last installed on June 28 at 6:04 PM...

Did the patch drop?

18. Harper

Harper

Probably just placebo. According to SteamDB, the public branch hasn't been updated since the game went gold in May.

19. E-122-Psi

E-122-Psi

Only one real way to check.

Is Tails onscreen? :P

20. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Legit I'm testing that right now haha. I... can't tell. He comes back but it takes a bit?

Just ran into a weird glitch though so maybe not :V maybe that was due to a mod though (somehow when entering Ice Cap Act 2 I entered that weird free camera glitch mode that happened in Mania when you glitched your way into Knuckles' Mirage Saloon Act 1). And according to the cutting room floor, the Tails glitch is due to this

Good.

Speaking of Mania leftovers:
    • If you enter and exit debug mode while in the Egg mobile in Launch Base Act 2, you can control it just like Mania's Hydrocity Act 1 Egg mobile
    • If you place a fan in FBZ via debug mode it retains its floating properties from Mania's FBZ fans.
    Also in the mod scene, my dream is pretty close, Mania esq sprites for 90% of the collection (no Tails and Knuckles for S3K yet, but Sonic's basically set). And every game has a restored soundtrack mod at this point. There's also a fun mod for S3K that re-adds Mania's Combine ring thats still in the game just unused/with a broken HUD, but they mostly fixed the HUD and they added those monitors to the native level layouts. Still not perfect but like Colors Ultimate with mods, even if nothing else was fixed, it's like 90% there.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2022