don't click here

Mega Drive Mini 2 Announced (Includes Mega CD Games)

Discussion in 'General Sega Discussion' started by Ashura96, May 27, 2022.

1. Gryson

Gryson

I imagine they're trying to manage inventory better this time. They had to clearance out Genesis Minis last time - I think I remember there being a lot of 50% off sales.

2. Xilla

Xilla

• Informative Informative x 6
    • List
  3. Spanner

Spanner

The Tool Member
    They really should considering how much else they have let M2 do to get other games on these systems. Music swaps with the prototype ROM (or worse, whatever cart they used for Origins) shouldn't be hard to do.

People are going to notice and still be annoyed if S3K gets skipped this time when there is a known solution to the problem.

4. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    European version, Sega? When are we getting ours?

5. Galvatron

Galvatron

UK
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  6. Ashura96

Ashura96

HEROIC VERSE Oldbie
    Apparently M2 ported Spatter (Sanrin San-Chan) to the Mega Drive "ages ago" but had never released it until now.

7. Simply ace news, about the Lunars. This is now a must have

8. MathUser

MathUser

3rd top wiki contributor Researcher
    I hope the US version has Lunar too.

9. LockOnRommy11

LockOnRommy11

We’re always an afterthought, even though the Mega Drive dominated over here. It’s almost like they don’t like money.

10. The joys of Percy Pal. I'm sure we're going to get it and the main hold-up is just who's going to distribute it. I also would imagine SEGA will make it support 60Hz, unlike SONY, who's been by far the worse corp for the Pal gamer, when again much like with the Mega Drive, it's been SONY best market.

11. Overlord

Overlord

Long-term happiness
    Historically, this hasn't been the case - I blame SoA's increase in control for it, honestly, but that's not something a lot will care about.

12. Yuzu

Yuzu

Although it's already been assumed here based on it being an Amazon exclusive, it seems like there won't be many US units available in total:

from the new Ars Technica article: Sega Genesis Mini 2 will be in much shorter supply than original | Ars Technica
    If you haven't preordered it yet and you want one, I recommend doing so now.

Article also suggests that a European version possibly might not exist:

Last edited: Jul 29, 2022
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  13. Ted909

Ted909

the future kick your ass Member
    Disappointed but not surprised by this - Sega have already often cited these shortages as crippling the potential for any manufacturing of new arcade machines, and this is partly borne out in their focus on prize games + most of their more recent titles only being conversion kits for existing titles (Initial D The Arcade, Eiketsu Taisen, etc).

14. Overlord

Overlord

Long-term happiness
    Wow. I didn't know we were dealing with Nintendo here.

15. doc eggfan

doc eggfan

Are you pondering what I'm pondering? Wiki Sysop
    ACT
    GreatMegaLD, GreatSC3k, Great SG1k
    Damn, I really want one, but I'm not in a position to pre-order one at the moment. This means they'll probably be hoarded and sold for quadruple the price in a few years when I eventually try and track one done.

16. Ravenfreak

Ravenfreak

2 Edgy 4 U Tech Member
    O'Fallon Mo
    Sonic 1 Game Gear Disassembly
    I went ahead and placed my pre-order in, I'm not missing out on this. It really sucks that it most likely won't be sold in other countries besides Japan/US. :\

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  17. Pirate Dragon

Pirate Dragon

The semiconductor shortage is rapidly becoming a glut, why not just wait a little bit and do it properly?

18. Yash

Yash

CHOCOLATE! Member
    I implore Sega to do a Sega Genesis Mini 3 that's made up exclusively of Majesco reprints and is sold exclusively at the Toys R' Uses that are opening inside Macy's

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  19. Kobz

Kobz

Down on the Upside Member
    FLA
    More unveils coming today at the top of the hour via this stream:

20. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    More and more I wonder why this wasn't just put out as a CD mini with the Genesis games still included.

Missed opportunity in my eyes.