don't click here

Mega Drive Mini 2 Announced (Includes Mega CD Games)

Discussion in 'General Sega Discussion' started by Ashura96, May 27, 2022.

1. Galvatron

Galvatron

UK
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2022
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  2. Ashura96

Ashura96

HEROIC VERSE Oldbie
    Looking good

[​IMG]

OutRun of course has the modified car design we've seen in other recent ports.

The MD port of Star Mobile was apparently completed but never released (or even announced!) so that's quite a vault release.

3. Black Squirrel

Black Squirrel

no reverse gear Wiki Sysop
    Northumberland, UK
    steamboat wiki
    Go go gadget pedantry - it's actually Puzzle & Action: Ichidant-R, the sequel.

I would never have guessed Star Mobile in a million years. Until five minutes ago I didn't even know it existed.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  4. Ashura96

Ashura96

HEROIC VERSE Oldbie
    Official trailer for today's game reveals

5. Kobz

Kobz

Down on the Upside Member
    FLA
    Whoa, I cannot believe they're releasing a HOTAS for this thing. I was wondering if they'd even mention After Burner II's analog support as a footnote when they busted out the Cyber Stick (and an old XE-1 AP for fun). As limited as it is, I might have to grab one just to acknowledge the effort!

In contrast to the Ferrari license, it's nice to know Sega still has rights to the F-14 -- now put After Burner Climax back out into the world:argh:

I also noticed what appeared to be a couple of the yet-to-be-announced titles they rolled through during the Columns III unveiling, unless they're red herrings:
    megaq.png
    Party Quiz Mega Q
    outrun2019.png
    Now, what do we have here...?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. Ashura96

Ashura96

HEROIC VERSE Oldbie
    The 2nd title was released on the Asian variant of the original MD mini, so I wonder if other games that were only on the Asian or western versions of the original mini get announced here too.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  7. Galvatron

Galvatron

UK
    The trailer had footage of Columns III showing the 5 player mode, hopefully this means the MD2 Mini will have a method of playing it this way?

8. Ashura96

Ashura96

HEROIC VERSE Oldbie
    4 player games on the original MD Mini (none of which made it to the US/EU versions iirc) were supported by simply using a USB hub, so I imagine the same will be done here for games supporting more than 2 players.

• List
  9. kitsunebi

kitsunebi

Japan
    Retro gaming sure is pricey these days. That Cyber Stick is retailing for the exact same price as Steel Battalion did in Japan. I guess the yen doesn't stretch as far as it used to.
    [​IMG]

10. cartridgeculture

cartridgeculture

Wiki Contributor Member
    :O Kinda came here to just see if anyone else was as surprised as I am. Star Mobile? I'm stoked, this is super cool. Can't wait to hear how the soundtrack's been translated to MD.

11. I was not expecting they would include Columns III. This game is so underrated, it deserved some love.

12. Ted909

Ted909

the future kick your ass Member
    Alien Soldier now confirmed. Was already featured on the limited edition Asian MD Mini, but said edition was so popular that they resold it in Japan - not surprised it's turned up here too.

• List
  13. TheOcelot

TheOcelot

Scooty Puff Jr sucks! Member
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2022
  14. Ashura96

Ashura96

HEROIC VERSE Oldbie
    Amazon Exclusive and comes out same day as Japan. Interesting.

15. Jason

Jason

*Results not lab tested. Member

Power switch like Mega Drive 2 instead of button used on Genesis 2. No power LED either. Strange.

Attached Files:

16. Ashura96

Ashura96

HEROIC VERSE Oldbie
    Amazon Exclusive and comes out same day as Japan. Interesting.
    "Just like you remember it" lol

How fitting that the box package has the controller covering the power switch

17. Josh

Josh

Oldbie
    USA
    Wonder if there's any possibility of us getting the Sega CD II accessory over here as well? Considering that the original "Genesis Tower of Power mini" was only sent to a handful of western media outlets, and that this appears to be sold exclusively through Amazon, shipping from Japan with a steep $22 fee... probably not.

I'm probably still gonna buy it. :yousay:

18. Yash

Yash

CHOCOLATE! Member
    Wonder if they'll get M2 to do a version of Sonic 3 with the replacement tracks. Would probably be a good idea for Sega as a way of futureproofing the game for future compilations, otherwise every re-release of S3K down the road will have to be the Retro Engine version.

19. Black Squirrel

Black Squirrel

no reverse gear Wiki Sysop
    Northumberland, UK
    steamboat wiki
    Why the colour change, did they screw up with licenses again?

20. Mustapha

Mustapha

A+ Oldbie
    A+
    A PLUS
    I wonder why it's an Amazon exclusive. Right now, it's not even available to ship to Canada in North America, sold from/by Amazon Japan on Amazon.com....