don't click here

Sonic Origins - Known Issues

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Mustapha, Jun 23, 2022.

1. bombatheechidna

bombatheechidna

They fixed the physics in the new patch but there’s still other things that need to be fixed. Hyper Sonic is able to just stick to the side of a loop similar to Sonic 4. I also clipped through some spikes at AIZ but it only happens as Hyper Sonic. Despite me clearing the game as Sonic, the game took me to a special stage and started over my emerald count. I restarted the game and my super emeralds came back. The Tails glitch still exists. Furthermore, if he flies before the special stage, the helicopter noise keeps going all the way through the special stage and it doesn’t stop until you fly again after you finished the stage.

2. simtek34

simtek34

MN
    The mislabeled Sonic the Hedgehog Spinball, Sonic 3D Blast, and Chaotix will be fixed in an upcoming patch, according to the Japanese Sonic Official Twitter account. https://twitter.com/SonicOfficialJP/status/1542719321138466818 https://twitter.com/SonicOfficialJP/status/1542719322841223168.

Sloppy Google Translation:
    【不具合のお知らせ】
    『ソニックオリジンズ』の追加コンテンツ『クラシックミュージックパック』に関しまして、ゲーム内の「ミュージアム」に収録されている楽曲の一部で、曲名と再生される楽曲が一致していない箇所がある問題を確認しております。

本件につきましては、今後配信するアップデートパッチで曲名と楽曲が一致するように対応をさせていただきます。
    アップデートパッチの配信日時につきましては準備が整い次第、改めてご報告申し上げます。

お客様には、ご迷惑とご心配をおかけしておりますこと、心よりお詫び申し上げます。

[Notice of malfunction]
    Regarding the additional content "Classical Music Pack" of "Sonic Origins", check the problem that some of the songs recorded in the "Museum" in the game do not match the song title and the song to be played. We are here.

Regarding this matter, we will try to match the song title with the song in the update patch to be delivered in the future.
    We will inform you about the delivery date and time of the update patch as soon as it is ready.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience and concern to our customers.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  3. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Well least there's that. That Chaotix mislabeling was embarrassing.

4. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG

Oldbie
    Can you elaborate on this patch? If they're starting to fix physics, that's actually good news and means the others bugs should be resolved eventually.

What system were you playing on, and what's the listed version?

5. JRokujuushi

JRokujuushi

J64 Member
    Haven't seen this mentioned yet. Nothing game breaking, but I got some sprite corruption while trying to have Tails carry Sonic underwater. It happened in story mode on Switch, and it occurred every time I tried. I didn't try it in any locations besides Hydrocity when it was happening. After closing out of Origins and restarting it, I tried it in standalone S2 and S3&K and it didn't occur. Might have to try story mode again to see if it still happens.

S3K Corrupt Underwater Sprites.jpg

6. Harper

Harper

Wait what? A new patch? I'm only aware of the v1.03 patch on PS4/PS5 and Sonic controls the same as he did in prior versions of the game.

7. Tjoeb123

Tjoeb123

Cool and blue. Member
    So I've been playing Sonic Origins myself. Having just beaten the Story Mode, I can say I've encountered my own fair share of bugs, on top of the major ones already reported. (I haven't beaten any of the games in Classic Mode, or with Knuckles)

(I apologize in advance if any of these have been reported, but AFAIK nobody has talked about the Time Attack problem...)

Nintendo Switch version 1.1.0.

Sonic 2
    • As Sonic & Tails, holding Up and pressing Jump twice makes Tails start flight, just like in Mania, 3, and the existing mobile versions. However, if you continue to hold Up, Sonic just straight up doesn't grab him.
    Sonic 3
    • In Marble Garden Act 2, after the second encounter with Eggman (Sonic/Tails), if you go too fast, the camera can glitch out and do this.
    • If you stand on an edge and face the opposite direction (Sonic's sprite should be of him falling back), then spin dash, you'll go the opposite direction (ie off the cliff) as opposed to the direction you were facing.
    • Switch exclusive(?): Grand Prix and Time Attack are unplayable solo. Attempting to play the 2P levels in Time Attack solo will bring up the Controller Select screen (side note: all controller types are supported); connecting one controller simply brings up the Pause Menu. Canceling out will repeat this process, making it impossible to play Time Attack solo.

• Lava Reef Act 2 (boss): If you leave the Bonus Stage with 50 Rings and immediately turn Super/Hyper, Sonic will autoscroll himself for a bit while transforming, rather than the camera. Video
    • When I entered a Bonus Stage during Sandopolis Act 2, the sliding SFX persisted throughout the Bonus Stage. Video
    • For some reason Sonic kept getting stuck when going through these gravity tubes in Death Egg Zone. Video
    • Sometimes, rings don't spill all over the place and instead do something erratic like this.
    • The ring bubble in Bonus Stages should give you only 10 rings....not 80. Video

Last edited: Jul 2, 2022
  8. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG

Oldbie
    That ring bubble issue isn't a glitch. The bubbles give you more the higher up the stage you get. It's meant to reward players who get to the top and it's always been that way. There's a point where it doubles to 20 about 1/3 of the way through the stage too.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  9. Tjoeb123

Tjoeb123

Cool and blue. Member
    Oh, it is? I'll admit I never really played the Bonus Stages in later playthroughs (much less get the ring bubbles in the spherical stage), so..I didn't realize that was a design choice.

10. Ashura96

Ashura96

HEROIC VERSE Oldbie
    This is annoying but simply connecting two controllers (if all you have is joycons you'll have to take them out and register them separately) will allow you to continue. Same thing also happens when attempting to do single player Grand Prix.

11. Tjoeb123

Tjoeb123

Cool and blue. Member
    That's actually what I demonstrated in the video, because there's another side effect (which I also show). If you actually finish Time Attack or GP, two controllers then have to remain paired for the remainder of your Sonic 3 session. Meaning, if you want to go back to the main game, you either have to use the controller setup you used for GP (which, if you don't have a Pro Controller or something, would be a single Joy-Con), or quit back to the Origins menu.

And I say "Switch exclusive", but I'm just assuming because of the way it handles controllers, and I don't actually know for sure if this is a thing on other platforms. Not only that, but Switch Lite owners are definitely SOL from playing the 2P levels solo.

Side note; kudos to Headcannon for making the 2P levels full screen when playing solo. I lament that they weren't made into full zones in the main game, like Hidden Palace was in S2.

• List
  12. bombatheechidna

bombatheechidna

I noticed the controls are more responsive and the momentum physics is better. It was bad before. There was a lot of stuttering, frame drops, and the characters moved pretty slow. It seems they addressed all of those things.

13. Tjoeb123

Tjoeb123

Cool and blue. Member
    What version of the game are y'all playing? I'm still on Version 1.1.0, which Nintendo claims is "the latest version of this software".

By the way, not sure if it's been mentioned here, but there's a kind fellow on the Steam forums who's gone out of his way to compile all the various issues (some of them PC-specific but most of them are for all versions), and even forwarded them to Sega. So they're clearly aware of all the issues, but I wish they would just say something on Twitter. https://steamcommunity.com/app/1794960/discussions/0/3414306773846693212/

14. bombatheechidna

bombatheechidna

I am playing version 1.03 on PS5.

15. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG

Oldbie
    I don't think Steam has gotten any updates yet so far, but at least the mods are helping a bit. If they actually do fix a good chunk of the bugs, I'll be much happier about the state of the collection.

16. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    Special stage for the gray super emerald uses the blue emerald art.

At least as Knuckles, when I transform and immediately land on a grabbable stage gimmick in S3K the game knocks me out of super form.

Sonic 3 score tally has erroneus sums, though I suspect that it is tied to a hidden Mania-style cool bonus

Said score tally also uses the time bonus table from the other games (so you can't get 50,000 by beating a stage in under a minute)

Last edited: Jul 2, 2022
  17. Pengi

Pengi

Sonic CD
    Boss Rush

The boss music doesn't load for the Collision Chaos Egg Tilter boss. Eggman doesn't start throwing bombs until you reach the top and get him on-screen.

I'm playing on Nintendo Switch, but I assume this affects other platforms too.

18. As Sonic, when I turn Hyper and jump on a rotating pole with blades in Flying Battery Zone, I lose the Hyper form the first time I try (after I re-transform, I don't lose it again). Switch version 1.1.0.
    So it's not only Knuckles.

19. sayonararobocop

sayonararobocop

That's what happened to me as well, same switch version.

20. serpx

serpx

Apologies if this has been mentioned previously -- no way I'm reading all 12 pages.

I had some issues with shields. Fire shield got stuck in the animation of when you double jump for a bit, and in Angel Island Zone Act 2, when I got the electric shield -- sometimes I could double jump, and sometimes I couldn't.

Unfortunately I just saw that this thread was here, so I have no footage of either bugs nor knowledge of how to replicate them. They definitely existed though.

Also, this is probably something that was in the original game: When you are in the Hidden Palace Zone to get your next special stage, if you walk off the red beam thing, then walk back on, it teleports you out of Hidden Palace Zone. What kind of [censor] would program something like that? I never rage quitted out of S3&K before.

All of this is on Xbox Series S.