don't click here

Green Hill Zone. How many times has it shown up?

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by The Joebro64, Jun 30, 2022.

1. spot on

2. DefinitiveDubs

DefinitiveDubs

The Voice Maestro Member
    Cyber City
    Mega Man Zero: The Definitive Dub
    You're right. Edited.
    Squaresoft learned that lesson the hard way. They fell hard to the dark side afterwards.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2022
  3. Chaos Rush

Chaos Rush

AKA J.Matz Member
    That’s one way to look at it, but that doesn’t change the fact that, if you count Splash Hill and Windy Hill as a Green Hill, then that means Green Hill will be in six main series Sonic games in a row (4, Generations, Lost World, Mania, Forces, and now Frontiers). Green Hill being in a Sonic game isn’t an occasional thing like you imply, it’s pretty much every game now.

4. Wildcat

Wildcat

It’s funny that so many people complain about Green Hill but would have loved a Green Hill open-world/zone in Frontiers.

That’s literally what a lot of people complain about too. That the environment is not Sonic-y. Even fan games use Green Hill.

5. Chaos Rush

Chaos Rush

AKA J.Matz Member
    They’re not the same people.

6. Nik Pi

Nik Pi

Kazakhstan
    Sonic 2: Archives
    *Green Alley

7. Wildcat

Wildcat

Probably not but I think even those that complain about it would praise an open world version.

8. BlackHole

BlackHole

You're going to need MORE than help. Member
    England
    Complaining
    You're missing two from one game: Sonic the Fighters has South Island and Canyon Cruise, South Island being the name of the island Green Hill is on so literally in all but name.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. Xiao Hayes

Xiao Hayes

Classic Eggman art Member
    In case you didn't bother reading my whole post, I'm not denying that, and that's not what I was talking about.

10. sayonararobocop

sayonararobocop

You're right - I was thinking of this example:

[​IMG]

11. Palas

Palas

Don't lose your temper so quickly. Member
    He didn't! He specified spin-offs wouldn't be included. We'd have to include stuff like Sonic Battle too if we were to include every game.

12. Why not, if it's a good looking and iconic stage. It's not like every Green Hill zone plays exactly the same or even looks the same.
    I just see it as a rather pathetic reason to bash Sonic. While games like R&C can use similar looking stages time and time again and be held up as a classic