don't click here

Sonic Origins Collection - General Thread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by HEDGESMFG, May 27, 2021.

1. RikohZX

RikohZX

Honestly the way the game's Continue system works for picking up from where you left off in general almost feels.. Save State-y? I mean, not entirely, but it's pretty weird. Some people have died and then kept their shields they had when they passed a checkpoint, too.

2. Black Squirrel

Black Squirrel

no reverse gear Wiki Sysop
    Northumberland, UK
    steamboat wiki
    • Like Like x 7
    • Informative Informative x 6
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  3. Ashura96

Ashura96

HEROIC VERSE Oldbie
    I noticed the save ring animation in the corner right away every time I hit a checkpoint.

4. Starduster

Starduster

Can bench press at least two Sonic the Hedgehogs Member
    Britain
    Fighting my procrastination addiction
    Oh, I noticed it, I just still didn't expect the game to so graciously put you back at your last checkpoint when continuing. It doesn't feel like cheating to me because story mode has infinite lives anyway so it's really just a time saving convenience.

5. RDNexus

RDNexus

6. Mustapha

Mustapha

A+ Oldbie
    A+
    A PLUS
    Nice work!

Just noticed the number portion of SEGA's address [3375] and the zip code [94545] is marked out on the back of North American box art for Sonic 1, Sonic 2, Sonic 3/Knuckles, Sonic Spinball & Knuckles Chaotix...

7. RetroJordan91

RetroJordan91

The REAL Blue Sphere Guy Member
    So Sam Procrastinates has finally uploaded his review on Origins.. as someone who has (and still does) work with SEGA, I’m really hoping that his words really gets to someone’s attention there because he really did not hold back on the issues that are plaguing the collection itself, from the bugs to the music choices, etc.

This game is in serious need of some patches and fingers crossed that Sam’s review will rectify this.. accountability needs to be held and taken seriously so that future games don’t go through the same time crunch that Origins did.. it’s a slap in the face to Headcannon and the quality of the Taxman ports

• Like Like x 7
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  8. Yash

Yash

CHOCOLATE! Member
    Was there a patch? Just playing S3K as Knuckles in mirror mode and the "infinite rubble" glitch in Marble Garden is gone. (this is on PS5 btw)

9. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG

Oldbie
    I just tested. Not fixed on PC.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  10. KingOfBunnies

KingOfBunnies

I haven't beaten Story Mode yet, but when you beat it, can you go back and pick a level from any game you want?

11. I pretty much agree with everything he said. I love his reviews.

12. Josh

Josh

Oldbie
    USA
    Not from the Story Mode menu, that'll just take you back to the last level of Sonic 3. But it will unlock them all for Anniversary Mode in the "My Data & Ranking" menu.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  13. KingOfBunnies

KingOfBunnies

Will that also give me all the emeralds I collected? So if I got all Chaos Emeralds in Sonic 2, I can still go Super Sonic and if I got all Super Emeralds in 3 & Knuckles, I can go Hyper Sonic?

14. Josh

Josh

Oldbie
    USA
    No, that's meant more as a time attack menu, and won't give you all the emeralds. Unfortunately, the only game with a save feature that lets you return to earlier stages is S3&K. The original mobile versions of Sonic 1 and 2 let you do this, but Origins doesn't. Which sucks, I was driven to make "perfect" save files in the mobile versions, but there's very little incentive to get the emeralds when you can't keep them in subsequent playthroughs.

The easiest way to replay the games with Super/Hyper forms is to just replicate what you'd do with the original carts: Enable level select from the title screen, then play 4, 1, 2, 6 in Sound Test to get all the emeralds. But there's no way to save in this mode.

Speaking of level select, you can also use it to make Sonic 1 resemble its original version more, with no spin dash and a ground/air speed cap. Or you can enable 7 emeralds and Super forms! Sonic 1 and 2 also both feature an option for Sonic 3 elemental shields!

Yeah, I have no idea why this stuff couldn't just be unlockable in the remakes from the beginning. :V

15. KingOfBunnies

KingOfBunnies

Wow, they took out the save option from the 1 and 2 mobile ports? That was my favorite thing was having a completed Sonic 1 and 2 save and just playing levels I really liked. There was no reason to remove that. I guess I won't play through Sonic 3 & Knuckles in Story Mode and actually play it via the game select since I want to keep a save of that.

16. XCubed

XCubed

Will Someday Own a Rent-A-Center Oldbie
    That was a damn good review!

17. Mustapha

Mustapha

A+ Oldbie
    A+
    A PLUS
    No new update for PS5. Perhaps the glitch does not occur in mirror mode?

18. RikohZX

RikohZX

Oversights as usual. I was hoping these would be options, like how they turned the Mobile choices for CD into new in-game menu options, but instead they stripped out Sonic 2's Options altogether without expanding. It's baffling that a lot of things like this exist and it's almost like Sega didn't even realize they were still there or something, especially in regards to Classic Mode.

The trailers outright advertise using Super Sonic in Sonic 1, but you can only get the 7 Emeralds and thus Super by Level Select. Why not just make that the automatic choice in Anniversary, maybe while also stripping out Roll Jump Lock, and then reinstate all the old rules and 6 Emeralds for Classic?

19. FollOw

FollOw

The sun sets forever over Black Water Park Oldbie
    I wonder if they were having problems getting the save menus to work properly so instead of fixing it they just removed it all together.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  20. Mustapha

Mustapha

A+ Oldbie
    A+
    A PLUS
    Update 1.03 (PS4) & 1.003.000 (PS5) has been released.

Update Notes (PS4 Update History):
    - Fixed an issue where the game hangs when the player opens Ranking with existing records in My Data.

PS4 - 34.61MB
    PS5 - 118.7MB

https://asia.sega.com/SonicOrigins/en/

• Informative Informative x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List