don't click here

Sonic Frontiers Thread - PS4, PS5, Xbox, Switch, PC

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by MykonosFan, May 27, 2021.

1. DefinitiveDubs

DefinitiveDubs

The Voice Maestro Member
    Cyber City
    Mega Man Zero: The Definitive Dub
    Yeah, Unleashed Wii. :V

2. jubbalub

jubbalub

#1 Sonic Superstars defender Member
    If you look closely there's a neat scanline effect over the geometry at some points, and the high-quality screenshots released have a color distortion effect like you'd see in a 3D movie.

3. VenomTH

VenomTH

You're right, I did see chromatic aberration although I can't tell if that's post-processing applied to the screenshots or something also present during actual gameplay. It does also look like distant objects appear fainter with scanlines which is closer to what I was expecting but, overall, I'm not overly excited over the look the of the stages. The city stage looks like the Windows XP screensaver.
    Off-topic, I do wonder if the U.S. highway markers and text have any meaning.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2022
  4. foXcollr

foXcollr

Resident Dolphin Member
    US
    I'm on that Chao Garden hopium idc. We already got Ohtani playing Drop D, universe please grant me one last wish for the bingo board.

Also speaking of effects, anybody else find the parry effect a little off-putting? It looks kind of out-of-place in the game.

5. MontiP

MontiP

"Tylerfoxorwhatever? I barely know her!" Member
    Chile
    The Motobugs also cybernetically desintegrate into particles when hit.

6. RikohZX

RikohZX

https://twitter.com/ImJoking01/status/1541892671979094021

The scanline distortion actually looks even more like what Infinite's Phantom Ruby powers would do to the environment. Starting to wonder if this whole SAGE thing is an Eggman plot to continue that research and everything went horribly awry.

7. Frostav

Frostav

I am of two minds on Chao in this game; on one hand, I love them possibly returning, but on the other, I am so used to the mod Chao World Extended that I feel Frontiers would probably be really hard to go back to :V

Also no idea what "it's as huge as the SA2 one" means because SA2 had quite smaller gardens in comparison to SA1.

8. CaseyAH_

CaseyAH_

human incarnation of Palmtree Panic 'P' Mix Member
    Perhaps "it's as huge as the SA2 one" was referring to overall content and depth rather then the literal size of the gardens (assuming this is is any way true, of course).

9. Frostav

Frostav

I floated that idea, though I'd be surprised a random leaker would even know that the two games use two different systems. Also Battle is a new system that is dramatically overhauled, which is probably the one he's comparing it to.

I normally wouldn't put much stock in these leaks, but nailing the fact that SAGE is a young girl is pretty wild if he was spouting bullshit.

10. Shaddy the guy

Shaddy the guy

Professional Internet asshole Member
    OR
    Again, I don't really think so? The initial leak said "A human (?) ghost girl", and while the narrative fans were going with was that it's pink hair lady, I think it being a chibi anime girl is the next best guess.

11. DefinitiveDubs

DefinitiveDubs

The Voice Maestro Member
    Cyber City
    How do you go from "ghost girl from Unleashed movie" to "chibi anime girl"? Where is the logic? How is "chibi anime girl" the next logical step?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  12. Shaddy the guy

Shaddy the guy

OR
    The initial leak didn't say anything about Unleashed, it confused the character for a ghost because she was ethereal and transparent. If our criteria is "AI girl", then it's either going to look like an adult woman or a kid.

13. Frostav

Frostav

I do not think a single person would have guessed that an anime-style little girl that looks like Infinite meets 2B would be in Frontiers.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  14. RikohZX

RikohZX

Yeah, didn't everyone assume "what if it's the ghost girl from the Unleashed short" and then "what if it's the purple-haired woman with the unique design from the first TailsTube" stuff because of basic context of a ghost voice? Pollock noted that the voice in the first major trailer was Amy's, but we've heard the disembodied adult female voice in the second batch of gameplay voice that is probably our own aid.

15. DefinitiveDubs

DefinitiveDubs

The Voice Maestro Member
    Cyber City
  16. RikohZX

RikohZX

Eh. If it's an Eggman-devised thing, or something of the Starfall technology, I don't mind it being human(oid). Not every single ancient thing has to be yet another animal species or gigantic hell demon.

17. Shaddy the guy

Shaddy the guy

OR
    We finally have that render of Sage in good quality:

[​IMG]

Honestly, I'm pretty happy with this design language for humans going forward. She's distinctly not a realistic human, but she's not overly anime.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  18. Ayu Tsukimiya

Ayu Tsukimiya

UGUU~ Member
    As nice as that fan art is, I'm honestly glad we're getting humans again. Especially the NiGHTS/SA1/X anime-styled ones. They always felt like the perfect middle ground between the realistic humans from 06 and the Pixar-esque Unleashed people, since you can have two characters at the opposite ends of the spectrum together and it won't feel jarring.

Lol, I got to the part about chao gardens and said "oh, bullshit" out loud. We chao fans should know better than to get our hopes up.

19. raphael_fc

raphael_fc

Overthinking Sonic timelines. Member
    I don't think this will be the current human-looking of the franchise, since she's an AI.

20. Shaddy the guy

Shaddy the guy

OR
    I mean, the computer shit obviously not, but proportionally and in her face, she fits well enough with pink-hair, so I think they serve as decent-enough examples.