don't click here

Sonic Frontiers Thread - PS4, PS5, Xbox, Switch, PC

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by MykonosFan, May 27, 2021.

1. Just had a stupid but kinda cool drunken idea for a future Sonic plot, that ties into the classic era's environmental themes.

Have badniks literally converting lush green stages into metal as you go through them, and you have to stop the conversion.

I'lll open another beer

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  2. Palas

Palas

Don't lose your temper so quickly. Member
    Keep 'em coming because I love this one. It would actually solve a very complicated probem 3D Sonic has always had: badniks do nothing to you. They're never a threat, under any circumstances. So if they were instead minding their business, doing whatever they were programmed to do and it was YOU who had to go out of your way to stop them for maybe a different ending or something, then we'd suddenly have extra interesting possibilities to explore.

3. I would keep them coming but I have run out of booze. this is a problem. don't you just hate it when you run out of booze

yeah you're right, it would solve a few problems. I'm thinking of it like mobeius, or whatever it's called now is kinda halfway through transformation like the little planet was in CD. You must stop eggnik in his tracks before he trashes the planet

• Like Like x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  4. Me and her love Liverpool and the amazing Kappa band.
    Going back up there in Aug. I'll have to take some Sonic music up with us LOL

5. qwertysonic

qwertysonic

creating the biggest sonic collection
    Music has always been a high point of the Sonic franchise, but I think Crush 40 has been the best thing to come from the IP in the last 30 years. I sure hope they're doing a vocal theme for Frontiers.

6. Starduster

Starduster

Can bench press at least two Sonic the Hedgehogs Member
    Britain
    Fighting my procrastination addiction
    Hard agree. I feel like the one big missed opportunity of the Sonic Symphony was that we didn’t really get a track which the Ohtani band and Crush 40 performed together on.

7. DefinitiveDubs

DefinitiveDubs

The Voice Maestro Member
    Cyber City
    Mega Man Zero: The Definitive Dub
    Given this game's tone, the Nickelback-style rock that Crush 40 is known for just wouldn't fit. I'd prefer if Bentley Jones came back, as his style of music would be much more fitting.

8. Zephyr

Zephyr

US
    That's the harshest thing I've ever seen someone say about Crush 40.

9. DefinitiveDubs

DefinitiveDubs

The Voice Maestro Member
    Cyber City
    Mega Man Zero: The Definitive Dub
    And yet it's not untrue. :V

10. raphael_fc

raphael_fc

Overthinking Sonic timelines. Member
    It is.

11. Gestalt

Gestalt

Sphinx in Chains Member
    Nickelback: The Legend of Nic Cage in a Parallel Universe

Nicolas Cage isekai, anyone?

:doge:

12. haha I have to be the one and say I absolutely hate rock in a Sonic game and always will

I respect you guy's love for it though and hope it happens for you!

give me rave / euro electronic for Sonic every time

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  13. RikohZX

RikohZX

I prefer variety rather than just pure buttrock or Forces' answer of constant ear-grating synth. Lost World could bounce from violins and pianos to flutes to bouncy carnival from level to level, and that's the one thing I'll give that game for how much it really mixed things up.

Here's hoping Frontiers isn't mostly piano music interspersed with mainly guitars for Action Stages.

14. Prototype

Prototype

Have a scale which varied depending on the ratio of "green land" to "roboticized land", and your score, bonuses, or path from any given stage or point depended on the ratios achieved. Kind of like the Shadow morality scale, but repurposed into something more wholesome and centered around the Sonic green land iconography.

15. foXcollr

foXcollr

Resident Dolphin Member
    US

I'm not even interpreting that as a dig at Crush 40, but it really does read like the opinion of someone who has only ever heard 2-3 rock bands and is willing to compare 2 dramatically different styles because they both have guitars.

I was a fan of a couple of Bentley Jones' tracks, but their style has shifted dramatically since 2006. The stuff they make today is so wildly different that idk if it would be very fitting in a game like this. There's like 3-4 new versions of "Dreams of an Absolution" and they keep becoming more and more out-there. But they did say in that TSS interview that some new Sonic music could happen if SEGA gave the opportunity. I wouldn't be surprised if we something reminiscent of His World, some kind of orchestral rock fanfare with heavy strings. It would certainly fall in line with what we've been hearing so far. I'm honestly hoping the Cyberspace stuff on Wednesday comes with an actual preview of the game's music, at least the action stage music.

Speaking of His World, rip Zebrahead. But tbh after Unleashed there was basically no chance they ever return to work on a Sonic game. Punk Sonic is way in the past now

16. I don't care, as long the music is good.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  17. Prototype

Prototype

...huh. I love that CD idea. Because it's goofy classic Sonic and it's nice to know that a good future is a redeemed Robotnik.

18. Snowbound

Snowbound

EB9A875A-10A8-45EF-821B-E8E3524324BB.jpeg
    Hmm… doesn’t the embargo on the cyberspace levels end the day after this mini direct (June 29th)?

19. charcoal

charcoal

Be Cool, Be Wild, and Be Groovy Member
    I seriously doubt there will be anything at all Sonic related in this.

EDIT: Woke up to 6 quote notifications, never have I ever been more happy to eat my words.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2022
  20. Starduster

Starduster

Can bench press at least two Sonic the Hedgehogs Member
    Britain
    Fighting my procrastination addiction
    If there is, however, it'll be our first look at Switch footage for the game, so I'm very interested in seeing how the game runs on the console.