don't click here

Sonic Origins - Known Issues

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Mustapha, Jun 23, 2022.

1. McAleeCh

McAleeCh

Oldbie
    On Switch, if you're in a situation where the pause menu wouldn't normally display and hit the Home button, the software seems to keep running in the background, making it possible to miss things like animated scenes, score tallies and the transition to the next stage while on the Home menu. I've only verified this during the Origins opening animation and while playing Sonic 1 so far, but I'd be surprised if it's not a global issue.

2. Metalwario64

Metalwario64

They cut "I'm outta here!"?!

3. KingOfBunnies

KingOfBunnies

Yep! Totally silent now!

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  4. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    In Sonic 2 if you're still flying as Tails at the end of the act 2 tally, the propeller sound will continue into the next act until you fly again.

5. Palas

Palas

Don't lose your temper so quickly. Member
    ...So what sound does it make when you get an 1-Up?

6. BlackHole

BlackHole

You're going to need MORE than help. Member
    England
    Complaining
    Got a couple of bugs on my run:
    Sonic the Hedgehog CD - the spinning sound doesn't play when I pressed down, so it would just be Sonic silently rolling.
    Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - The Infamous Bugged Tails, but I won't bother with that since it's heavily reported.
    Sonic the Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles - The debris in Marble Garden Zone Act 1kept going when the drill left:

7. Palas

Palas

Don't lose your temper so quickly. Member
    Hey, you know, that's pretty cool actually. I like it.

8. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    The jingle they used when Tails got a 1up in the 2011 release (which was the sound effect when Sonic gets the time stone I think?)

• List
  9. Kaze Okami

Kaze Okami

Playing on XSX and have encountered many of the issues already listed.

In story mode during the credits for Sonic 1 in the last auto demo segment Sonic got an extra life when collecting the rings in the air, triggering the 1up tune.

Entering a Special Stage in Sonic 2 while Tails is flying will perpetually play the flying sound until you pause the game.

Tails getting stuck and not respawing in Sonic and Tails mode.

The Spiker's on the ceiling in HTZ don't spawn.

Sonic 3's physics don't feel right at all, especially the spindash.

MGZ spinning tops feel weird to control now.

The red diagonal spring at the start of Sonic's MHZ 2 is now yellow.

The catapult/launcher in FBZ isn't as strong as in the MD version (that might just be the shonky physics though).

When doing a super transformation above a slope in S3 the character will fast drop and cancel out of Super.

10. Turbohog

Turbohog

I've noticed a lot of the issues mentioned so far and have problems with the presentation (especially the janky character select and music-less
    museum).

But one mistake I don't think I've mentioned is this grammatical error for premium museum 101:
    "This is a document shows vehicles and other objects". Item 100 has the same issue.

11. Sappharad

Sappharad

Oldbie
    I skimmed through and didn't see this one mentioned:

On Sonic 1 when you drop dash, after the normal sound is finished playing and you've already hit the ground there's always an annoying high pitched sound that plays for a fraction of a second. Not sure if this problem carries over to other games because I'm playing them in order and just getting back to it now.

12. Softlock warning- beware guys!!

Do NOT drop-dash off the top of an unactivated super emerald- it will lock your controls and you will be forced to quit!

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  13. Being able to make your own playlist from unlocked music for when you browse the museum is actually pretty nifty. But yeah, they still should have had a default track playing though.

14. KingOfBunnies

KingOfBunnies

Reposting from the general Origins thread. Not sure if it's been posted here.
    Ok, so, on Switch, when I leave a special stage in Sonic 3 after getting the emerald, the shield I had when I entered is gone. That didn't happen in the original game, right? You always kept your shield, if I remember correctly.

Also, not in my initial post, but the obstacle that was in front of the Giant Ring spawns again when you get out of the special stage which was not the case in the original.

15. Epsilonsama

Epsilonsama

THE FASTEST TAPE ALIVE! Member
    Earth
    That was in the original, trust me I made that mistake as a kid and never forgot about it.

Wanna add there's a bizzare bug on the Super Emeralds Special Stages where if you choose restart before jumping into one of the Emeralds you will be sent to the start of Hidden Palace Zone making it easy to skip almost all of Sonic & Knuckles at the cost of the Super Emeralds.

• Informative Informative x 5
    • List
  16. Turbohog

Turbohog

Yes, you always kept your shield in the original.

17. I don't think Sonic was meant to keep his Super form after he defeat Eggman in Launch Base Act 2, right? I meant the first boss, before the another two.

18. Chibisteven

Chibisteven

US
    In the original Sonic 3 Sonic keeps his Super form all while your rings run down a lot. In the original Sonic 3 & Knuckles, they changed it to revert back to normal Sonic, so your rings don't potentially run out during the Knuckles encounter and Death Egg launching cutscenes. Probably an oversight but maybe they decided to revert back to Sonic 3's original behavior to make the bosses harder should your rings run out and you end up dying if you're not careful or make a mistake and end up having to repeat all 3 bosses potentially without being able to go Super with only a few rings.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2022
  19. Lozicle

Lozicle

This is pretty minor (more of a "please fix" rather than a "must fix"), but the version of Sonic Mania Adventures Episode 1 is the version with the animation error (Eggman's teeth). This was fixed in the All Episodes upload.
    [​IMG]
    Besides that and the obvious sound-balance issues, the only other thing I can think of is the background music cutting out for about 5-10 seconds after the speed shoes wore off in Sonic CD.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2022
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List