don't click here

Sonic Frontiers Thread - PS4, PS5, Xbox, Switch, PC

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by MykonosFan, May 27, 2021.

1. MH MD

MH MD

I mean, they just stated that SEGA provided the actual story beats, so Ian is mostly there to flesh it out and add characterization to the ...characters, but it's not like he have total control over the story and what Eggman or any other character should do -but then, it's not like he have that in the comics either with those SEGA mandates after the reboot-

2. xbloodywhalex

xbloodywhalex

team dark enthusaist Member
    antarctica
    re-reading one piece, probably
    Technically, he never did have total control over the story - sure, SEGA was more lenient pre-reboot, but all those stories did have to go through them first (Penders did too - a number of his stories were originally pitched for Sonic, but were shot down and only approved if they were about Knuckles instead).

3. Lambda

Lambda

"It's like ice cream and so it's ok for Mario, but not for Sonic"...wow.

I've heard of missing the forest for the trees, but I've never heard of missing the analogy for the ice cream....

Typically when people use food-related stores in their analogy, its so you can ignore the food part, and look at the analogy part, but if "Ice Cream" and "Excuses for Nintendo" are all you got out of my post, I think we're done here.

4. I just tire of the Sonic Team and Sonic 3D games bashing. Don't get me wrong, the games are far from perfect, but in most cases they are nowhere near as bad as they're made out to be
    And the more I see of the new Sonic, the better it looks

5. Lambda

Lambda

I do agree, Frontiers seems to look better and better here lately. I'm personally looking forward to it, even if it's not exactly what I want.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  6. Patrolman

Patrolman

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  7. Hydr0city

Hydr0city

> Kamikazee Member
    I'm really interested to hear this at some point, given the game's more sombre tones. It'd probably still have your typical Sonic song tropes (not that it's a bad thing! I love me my vocal Sonic songs, to death) but I do wonder how it's gonna turn out. Very interesting.

8. I feel like the game comparisons work a lot better with Pokemon, who have weirdly been following a similar yet different path than Sonic lol.

Pokemon has also been getting a lot of criticism for certain directions they've taken lately, and it stems from typical aversion to modern revisions of a long franchise but also failing to live up to the ideal the series built itself on "gotta catch them all".

Sonic and Pokemon kind of have the same problem that they peaked in the 90's because the inherent idea about the franchises is what sells. When newer games failed to live up to that idea, even for logistical issues, backlash was inevitable.

Pokemon has it slightly better because the core of the games is still fundamentally the same at least, but Sonic doesn't even have that.

9. Snub-n0zeMunkey

Snub-n0zeMunkey

yo what up Member
    Most of Ohtani's soundtracks have a lead vocal theme with an orchestral arrangement of the song for the final boss but it would be cool if Frontiers is a reversal of that

Have the orchestral version be the main theme of the game and the vocals kick in for the final boss fight lol

I wonder who the vocalist will be? We've had Zebrahead, Bowling for Soup and Hoobastank. Which other one-hit wonder band from the early 2000's that fell out of fame will be next?

Last edited: Jun 23, 2022
  10. The Joebro64

The Joebro64

SAY HELLO TO MY CHOCOLATE BLEND Member
    The Beatles will perform the main theme of Sonic Frontiers

• Like Like x 5
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • List
  11. Fab can't wait, love Liverpool

[​IMG]

12. Yash

Yash

CHOCOLATE! Member
    Have Paul McCartney write the OST

Once McCartney dies, refuse to release the game for a decade until all his music's been replaced by Jun Senuoe farting into a keyboard

13. Forte

Forte

I speak better after three beers Member
    Poland
    The comic Eggman was more fleshed out, that's why many people think he was more sinister and/or edgy.

I believe if not for poor writing skills of Pontac&Graff, and Sega changing direction of the franchise to be more kid friendly, Eggman could have shown his evil side more.

But instead we got Pollock-Eggman which is great, and I'm happy with it.

14. Gestalt

Gestalt

Sphinx in Chains Member
    A female vocalist for a change would be cool. :thumbsup: Let's hope for the best.

Don't let us down, Mr. Senoue!

15. MH MD

MH MD

Sonic Forces had a couple of songs by female vocalists, they were cool

16. Starduster

Starduster

Can bench press at least two Sonic the Hedgehogs Member
    Britain
    Fighting my procrastination addiction
    They weren’t quite a one hit wonder but let’s get the Hoosiers in for a British rep. :p

17. Wite Me is still my favorite female vocal song ever from the series lol.

I wish Emma / Tinna could return for the franchise.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  18. BadBehavior

BadBehavior

A vocal theme is good news, looks like Lost World really was just a one off.

Gens doesn't count because that had Sonic Youth. Or it should have, at least.

19. MH MD

MH MD

it still had Escape from the City remixes at the very least