don't click here

Sonic Origins Collection - General Thread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by HEDGESMFG, May 27, 2021.

1. Starduster

Starduster

Can bench press at least two Sonic the Hedgehogs Member
    Britain
    Fighting my procrastination addiction
    If you’re talking about Headcannon, that’s not an option. They were likely all employed in the capacity of freelancers, and trying to push back against this would likely do little other than shoot their burgeoning careers in the collective foot. More generally, feedback to Katie on Twitter may help (done *respectfully*, of course), but I don’t think we can count on anything happening.

2. AzuraRacon

AzuraRacon

Two days from release, absolutely not

3. E-122-Psi

E-122-Psi

I thought the S2 remake had them. Since that's used for Origins, wouldn't that count as a downgrade?

4. Josh Cristan

Josh Cristan

No. Aren't we all sick to fucking death of being blackmailed into buying sub-par shite in the hopes of one day getting new Classic stuffs? They've been doing this shit since Sonic 4, and the message couldn't have been clearer after the success of Mania.

Sonic Origins? More like Sonic Fuck It That'll Do.

5. KingOfBunnies

KingOfBunnies

Would just like to say in regards to music that Carnival Night Zone was always dog shit in terms of music. Both acts. So it getting replaced is no great loss.

6. Xilla

Xilla

I've gotten used to this being the S3 Super Sonic theme, made by Cinossu of this very parish I believe:

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  7. DefinitiveDubs

DefinitiveDubs

The Voice Maestro Member
    Cyber City
    Mega Man Zero: The Definitive Dub
    This is how I feel. Mania should've told Sega that there were Sonic fans by the millions who were ready and willing for more Classic-style experiences. They threw all of that away because Iizuka and the rest said "fuck you we do what we want". If Mania, with its crazy sales figures, would not convince them to do a sequel, Origins sales won't even make them look in that direction.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  8. astroblema

astroblema

my name means "star wound" Member
    Chile
    It's a secret!
    pretty sure that's the Sonic Pocket Adventure special stage theme

9. SilvaGunner's take on Sonic Origins music is going to be so much fun. Can't wait.

10. MontiP

MontiP

"Tylerfoxorwhatever? I barely know her!" Member
    Chile
    It is the SPA special stage theme.

11. corneliab

corneliab

The more I think about it, the more bummed I am about the Super music. I'm using those forms all the damn time in 3&K, and I found the default S&K invincibility theme fine as far as short loops go. This is such an unforced error, made worse by being kind of blindsiding (who expected this).

12. RikohZX

RikohZX

Like I said two pages ago I'm confused as to why it even happened. Sure, the S3 and S&K Invincibility themes are repetitive as hell, but nothing changed for the other games in the collection in this regard and they weren't contested tracks. Even putting aside its bizarre quality, why suddenly have a 100% new composition to just play a longer version of the S&K theme for this?

13. I think it's still better than Sonic 3 invicibility theme. Seriously, I would go crazy if they'd dare to use S3 invicibility theme for Super Sonic. Yes, even if the new Super theme is out of place for the game...

14. RikohZX

RikohZX

Also have to realize that until Katie said it by incident and Stealth opted to confirm it altogether, Sega were basically not going to say anything about this. There wasn't any advertising of Jun Senoue's involvement, any notice of the music change, or an attempt to sell on the original tracks and so forth. We're two days away and we're only just hearing the songs themselves from a Brazil leak with presumably no effort on Sega's part to reveal them.

It's almost like they wanted to cover up this even happening, not for the quality but just to ignore the whole potential problem altogether. I don't think they'll be changing the music for "better versions" to say the least.

• Like Like x 7
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  15. E-122-Psi

E-122-Psi

It's ironic they didn't add a unique S1 Super theme, since the instrumentation would have arguably fit that game way better.

16. JW.

JW.

So I might not be getting this right but am I correct in saying they've somehow made the replacement tracks worse than they already were?

17. RikohZX

RikohZX

Ice Cap as a whole and Launch Base 1 should be mostly fine if obviously not Bouncy Glow's quality of refining them, Launch Base 2 and Carnival Night Zone are absolute messes, and everything else is Prototype rips besides the whole Super Sonic weirdness.

18. RDNexus

RDNexus

Too bad there never was a Sonic3 variant of such a OST:

It might've helped in this case (or so I hoped it could)

19. They also managed to make a new super theme instead of short repetitive invincibility one but it’s a grating Sonic 4 style abomination after people kept reassuring us this wouldn’t happen because reasons.

20. LockOnRommy11

LockOnRommy11

The new theme, if that video is indeed real, is a mess of a synth shat out by the dying corpse of Sonic 4. I know opinions are subjective but… you’re wrong. I’d rather have S3’s theme made louder, passed through an AtGames clone, then listen to it on repeat every day for a year via a speaker being surgically inserted into my skull than hear that abortion of a new theme whilst playing Sonic 3.

I guess I’ll stick to my Mega Drive and Sonic Mega Collection if that really is the replacement.

Edit: is this worded strongly enough to convey my disgust?