don't click here

Sonic Origins Collection - General Thread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by HEDGESMFG, May 27, 2021.

1. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Btw I hope the Headcannon team knows they did a good job with the stuff they did with S3K... it's the stuff they didn't have control over that's a bit off lol

2. AzuraRacon

AzuraRacon

Also is it just me or does it seem like CNZ, ICZ, LBZ, and the Super theme the only tracks Jun was involved in? the other beta tracks that are getting reused here sound like theyre just the protos outright.

3. Harmony Friends

Harmony Friends

it's the whole gang Oldbie
    haha cool fuck me for having any faith the music wouldn't suck. fucking. I can't fucking believe this

• Agree Agree x 11
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  4. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    They got the best of my forgiving nature yet again lol but seriously, just let Jun stick to rock I tried giving him the benefit of the doubt but he just can't with the Genesis tracks. Get Tee Lopes to do the classic stuff from now on Jun might have had it once but clearly not anymore.

Also one thing I found funny in the animations, one of them uses the modern Eggman emblem (the one with the goggles as opposed to the cape design). Now we've have instances of that in both ways (Lost World used the classic Eggman emblem that was in SA1)

Last edited: Jun 21, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. Starduster

Starduster

Can bench press at least two Sonic the Hedgehogs Member
    Britain
    Fighting my procrastination addiction
    I think "we can never trust Jun again" is a bit extreme. He gave us the fantastic boss remixes for Colours Ultimate, but it seems that, unfortunately, his talents just don't lie with this FM synth stuff and SEGA should've gone with someone else. At any rate, I hope the feedback comes through loud and clear and results in an update in the future. If SEGA really wants us to trust them and the Sonic brand, then they need to commit to post-launch support on all their releases. Colours Ultimate was such a stinker at launch that it basically mandated it and it STILL has issues. Oirgins' issues up to now seem much lesser and could likely be erased with relative ease.

6. charcoal

charcoal

Be Cool, Be Wild, and Be Groovy Member
    How did they make CNZ sound worse than proto.
    It's appalling really.

SEGA really needs to get it together.

7. Ashura96

Ashura96

HEROIC VERSE Oldbie
  8. Zephyr

Zephyr

US
    I didn't have high hopes for the music anyway, so this isn't really a bummer to me. Still gonna double dip, because CD and 3K on Switch will be sweet, and mods on PC will fix the music problem if it bothers me that much. Drop Dash in the AGES versions of 1 and 2 isn't as good as it was in Mania, but having it at all is still fun. So that being how it is in CD and 3K also isn't that big of a deal to me. Mission mode starting to give me Sonic VR vibes, and now that has me excited.

9. astroblema

astroblema

my name means "star wound" Member
    Chile
    It's a secret!
    You know, I'm glad the songs leaked before playing the game. I would've been even more disappointed if I had been excited for like 25 minutes before reaching Carnival Night and thinking "that's it?!"

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • List
  10. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG

Oldbie
    Sadly, you did.

What's frustrating to me is the new music in the cutscenes is great, and uses FM synths. Might even be new Jun compositions, and if they're not, they could've just hired whomever did them! I don't think the new mixes are as bad as S4E1, but Carnival Night was totally botched compared to the protos. Holy crap...

I'm ironically okay with Ice Cap, but not compared to your MJ fonts mix.

God damn it... what a letdown. The proto tracks honestly deserve so much better than this. Carnival Night went from my favorite beta track to now being worse than the Genesis version again (at least Act 2 is still okay)

11. AzuraRacon

AzuraRacon

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  12. Jay T.

Jay T.

It takes an idiot to do cool things... Member
    Yeah, I have to agree. I get being disappointed, but this seems a bit much. I do think he's capable of making good Genesis soundtracks, but it's definitely something he needs to work on. I wasn't expecting anything top notch to replace the originals, but what we got, I can deal with. No doubt we'll be seeing mods very very soon.

As Starduster says, hopefully we'll see updates for this game.

13. Harper

Harper

I'm in the same boat. I had faith that these would be accurate portrayals of the prototype themes.
    Seeing as the competition theme, ending theme and unused theme are one to one, perhaps there's a day 1 patch? This is me coping extremely hard lol.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • List
  14. ItsBrieDude

ItsBrieDude

my brain is the spinning seal gif Member
    Oh my god the cutscenes are so GOOD. Never did I expect to see the Tails origin story animated so beautifully. Love the design of the "normal" foxes that are bullying Tails too.

15. Diablohead

Diablohead

Indie dev Oldbie
    Near London
    games
    Is there no classic crt or monitor filters in this too? not even the amazing filter from Mania? What is going on sega jeeze.

16. Ashura96

Ashura96

HEROIC VERSE Oldbie
    Very interesting and peculiar how the zone bgms appear to be not-prototype based but the "themes" are proto based.

17. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG

Oldbie
    Honestly, I think fans should actually put up a fuss for once. These should really be patched, or at least CN should.

Maybe it won't matter, (and sadly I know how toxic fans can get, so I don't suggest this lightly) and as I've said in the initial release, I really want Stealth's team to do well and be respected since he obviously worked hard on this, but we went from a salvageable situation to one that will have clear and large backlash now. Frankly, this should be patched and the proto tracks should be used for CN.

(Though again, I actually like the new Ice Cap mix, so eh.)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  18. Gallery spoilers:
    [​IMG]

Hahaha finally Sonic Mom and Sonic dad (and Sonic little Brother and Sister?).

This is incredible, and exciting about all the other randomness involved.

19. CaseyAH_

CaseyAH_

human incarnation of Palmtree Panic 'P' Mix Member
    Thats just the cast from the manga.

20. Spanner

Spanner

The Tool Member
    So when it was announced that Jun Senoue was involved, there were people (including myself) who said that it wasn't a good idea given their track history.

The best solution was just to have someone (ideally from Stealth's team) to rip up and clean up the prototype tracks because that's all they really needed.

Nice to see I was proven right. It's not Sonic 4 bad but at the same time it's just underwhelming. But that was to be expected.

Imagine having a good thing with the CNZ1 music in the prototype and just scrapping it in favour of the PC version. At least Origins put use to the unused music though.

Also whoever thought the new Super Sonic theme was a bad idea needs to get a talking to. Like just use the S&K theme if you were that desperate to use the S3 theme for invincibility.