don't click here

Sonic Frontiers Thread - PS4, PS5, Xbox, Switch, PC

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by MykonosFan, May 27, 2021.

1. Mookey

Mookey

Oh boy, another snippet of footage with no context. I'm really disliking all of the mystery marketing this game has so far.

2. The Joebro64

The Joebro64

SAY HELLO TO MY CHOCOLATE BLEND Member
    • Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • List
  3. Palas

Palas

Don't lose your temper so quickly. Member
    Well damn. They found a way to sneak in normal boost levels into an open world game and it was the coolest way possible.

EDIT: not talking about the actual levels you can get in, but rather the flying thing that leaves a trail behind it that you have to run on!

Last edited: Jun 7, 2022
  4. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    Pretty much what I expected him to say. He called out some things that I also didn't like, and praised some things that I'm at best ambivalent on. All in all I expected a generous first impression from IGN.

That said, the obvious Sky Dragon theft at least had cool twists. I was impressed by that, at least.

5. Black Squirrel

Black Squirrel

no reverse gear Wiki Sysop
    Northumberland, UK
    steamboat wiki
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  6. MH MD

MH MD

So...according to that IGN impressions article...Sonic has a Parry.

Sold, best sonic game ever, day 1.

7. Laura

Laura

Brightened Eyes Member
    I'm a little cautious because IGN have exclusivity. I don't believe all game critics are paid off (lol) but they are probably going to be generous on their game of the month.

That said, it is promising that they had good first impressions!

8. _Sidle

_Sidle

Frontiers: Prologue with Knuckles sounds fun~
    A dark and red cyber lightningstormy night on Angel Island...
    upload_2022-6-7_12-26-43.png

9. Shaddy the guy

Shaddy the guy

Professional Internet asshole Member
    OR
    Boy am I glad the Sonic Central wasn't all we got today. That dragon thing looks cool (a legitimate challenge, even) but IGN was the real meat of the information. The cyberspace levels are described as "bite-sized", but also having multiple objectives. So maybe that's how you get a normal amount of playtime out of them (also, I'm guessing that with seven emeralds and four islands, there's at least 28 of them).

Also glad to see them address the technical problems, and to hear that Sonic doesn't seem to have amnesia (to put to bed an extremely Botw-ripoff rumor). I don't love the prospect of flying off the big bosses, but I dunno. They don't look that hard in the footage.

Lol at that Knuckles animation. They must just not be done with it, but then why show it off?

Boy am I not glad he used the phrase "early build" though. Early in relation to what?

10. Jason

Jason

*Results not lab tested. Member
    The game still looks fairly slow. Maybe the skill tree will get him close to boost game speeds. Also, the gameplay has so far so been capped at 30fps. No mention of which platform this footage is from. No HUD to check, either. I would imagine this is PS4. Even so, I want to see this game has more advanced graphics options for current platforms.

11. Shaddy the guy

Shaddy the guy

OR
    You guys didn't see any pop-in in the scant crop-dust of footage that was the Sonic Central teaser, did you? I didn't, but I'm awake five hours earlier than normal.

12. Flare

Flare

The reveal of this game is the most confusing part of the game.

13. MootPoint

MootPoint

Clockwork Aquario's Strongest Soldier Member
    This part of their written article is very promising to me.

[​IMG]

Cyberspace levels confirmed!

All this detail of how you need to unlock these levels makes the game seem like Mario 64, which I'm very much into, lol.

14. RDNexus

RDNexus

Where have you seen/read that intel? The "Hands-On Impression" video from IGN mentioned nothing of that...

15. JW.

JW.

He said that he kept flying off the boss' arms without knowing why and then showed footage of him running into the obvious red rings and getting bounced off lol.

16. RDNexus

RDNexus

Again, that's not that his gameplay footage, SEGA didn't allow him to record any of it.
    That's from the footage provided directly by SEGA.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  17. Starduster

Starduster

Can bench press at least two Sonic the Hedgehogs Member
    Britain
    Fighting my procrastination addiction
    Interesting to see that you can just climb Asura normally. Really love that they're giving the player the freedom to approach encounters in a variety of ways and I think that's what's necessary to make combat engaging combat to something like Heroes or Unleashed.

Dragon boss looked neat too and I think the hands on preview explaining the open zone terminology helped me adjust my perspective to better understand what the game is gunning for. All in all, things are on the up as far as I'm concerned.

18. Shaddy the guy

Shaddy the guy

OR
    Uh, nothing of what? Almost everything I said there was based off IGN's video.

19. RDNexus

RDNexus

So it seems. I guess I let some moments escape my hearing, sorry ^^"

20. MH MD

MH MD

Weird how with actual positive impressions of the game with someone who played it, there is a lot of silence :ruby: