don't click here

Sonic Frontiers Thread - PS4, PS5, Xbox, Switch, PC

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by MykonosFan, May 27, 2021.

1. Shaddy the guy

Shaddy the guy

Professional Internet asshole Member
    OR
    I sent him a twitter DM literally yesterday asking if he had anything to say about Frontiers. Is it my fault???

2. MontiP

MontiP

"Tylerfoxorwhatever? I barely know her!" Member
    Chile
    You scared him shitless :argh:

3. Snowbound

Snowbound

6FC796C9-E379-4FF0-AB4D-F8BDF6FB77A5.jpeg

• Informative Informative x 6
    • List
  4. foXcollr

foXcollr

Resident Dolphin Member
    US
    https://twitter.com/IanFlynnBKC/status/1533960277204553729?t=vHFiqdaaLVUqwQ10Gk7g5g&s=19

Sorry for nearly-double-post, but it looks like the next piece of the "Knowing smile" puzzle will be unveiled tomorrow... and if I had to bet, we might be seeing more of that character from TailsTube.

Edit: ninja'd, dammit can you guys share information just a tiny bit slower, how are we supposed to keep up :V

Edit 2: According to the YouTube video metadata, tomorrow's IGN impressions video will be about 8 minutes long.

5. MontiP

MontiP

Chile
    Well then...

30 minutes of Ian staring into your soul, so be it.

+ - Would that be #KnowingSmile all along...?  

Jokes aside, isn't tomorrow also the interview with Morio Kishimoto, or am I confusing the dates?

Last edited: Jun 7, 2022
  6. Wildcat

Wildcat

There’s only 2 major things left happening this year. Frontiers and Prime.

Jaleel White reveal for 90s episodes!

Frontiers Plot and Cyberspace teaser!

Hopefully. Haha.

7. charcoal

charcoal

Be Cool, Be Wild, and Be Groovy Member
    inb4 a 30 second joke compilation of prime and yet even more poor gameplay of frontiers that makes the game look awful

8. They’ll reveal the skill tree is for unlocking the physics and decent combat animations.

9. Frostav

Frostav

Glad we're doing the "make the game control bad on purpose and lock good controls behind upgrades" thing again, because that worked so well with Secret Rings :V

10. Snowbound

Snowbound

I would cry tears of joy if Satam Sea3on was picked up by paramount+ with Jaleel returning. Absolutely not happening tomorrow but still

11. Maybe, just maybe, but Sonic Colors: Ultimate Steam annoucement?

12. MontiP

MontiP

Chile
    If we are instead gonna talk about tomorrow's Sonic Central shouldn't there be a thread about it or it's not necessary?

13. Wildcat

Wildcat

Ya I know they’re trying to get officially made. I think it could happen but I won’t go on about here.

14. I still don't know why we don't a thread for news.

15. saxman

saxman

Oldbie Tech Member
    What I don't like (and have never liked going back to at least Heroes) is the habit of those within the fan base to dump on the teams that put these games together. It's not as though I don't see room to critique certain aspects of certain games. And some games could have been much better than they were. But I can imagine being one of the developers of this game and hearing people constantly complain. This is hard work. Criticism is fine, but some support would be nice too.

From my own perspective and experience, I often find the games are never quite as bad as the internet makes them sound. And to be fair, I haven't played all of them. But the ones I did play were better than I was told to expect.

Honestly? I thought the trailers did well to highlight the gameplay. I think the environments are beautiful. I think there's plenty of imagination and thought put into what I see. I do wish I could see a change of scenery. But if I was on the team making the game, judging purely on what I can see, I'd be quite proud.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 4
    • List
  16. Shaddy the guy

Shaddy the guy

OR
    I think the problem with a lot of the shit people give developers is that it's hard to tell if it's misdirected. People can theorize about whether the design decisions they are unhappy with come from Kishimoto, and he is a common factor, but he's not the only one. For all we know, SEGA's executives could mandate more automation to the gameplay because more automation is less-likely to get a reputation like 06 did, or something like that. I'm not saying that's a likely theory, just an example of a possibility.

17. yeah, it's not the dev's fault.

there's been a lack of a cohesive creative direction for Sonic at SEGA for some time now

Last edited: Jun 7, 2022
  18. Shaddy the guy

Shaddy the guy

OR
    New screenshots. Nothing too different from what we've seen, but the draw distance looks better. Also, more people falling for the FOV effecting Sonic's quills again.

19. charcoal

charcoal

Be Cool, Be Wild, and Be Groovy Member
    [​IMG]
    This nighttime shot, wow. Really pretty, maybe there's hope for a daytime nighttime system?
    This game manages to look ass ugly in some shots yet look beautiful in others. How do they do it?

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  20. RikohZX

RikohZX

I mean, go back and look at the footage and it's artifacts all over the place. Even if you run it at 4K it's clearly upscaled, and even without people trying to rumor whether it's a different build or not and so forth, it's clearly faulty footage from a capture perspective, and it looks incredibly sloppy as a result on top of the performance stuttering. On a PS5/XSX and a strong PC, running this game at 60 FPS in proper visual fidelity will look pretty damn good, but weaker hardware beneath PS4 Pro and Xbox One X are gonna suffer hard.

That, and these screenshots are usually curated and isolated in cases where they can get the optimal image quality. That happens with most games really.