don't click here

Sonic Origins Collection - General Thread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by HEDGESMFG, May 27, 2021.

1. Mana

Mana

Good! Great! Awesome! Outstanding! Amazing! Member
    Sonic turns the emeralds in Sonic 1 into flowers, collects them again in 2, then knuckles takes them in S3 at the beginning forcing him to collect them again.

Games already have an explanation on why he can lose the emeralds between games and you have to recollect.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  2. RetroJordan91

RetroJordan91

The REAL Blue Sphere Guy Member
    I think I’ve mentioned this before but I will be perfectly contempt if all we get is basically Sonic 3 Complete developed using RSDK. Take the foundation of that hack, add all the QOL improvements possible along with the standard polish and bonuses that the Retro Engine can achieve, and we will be all set. Anything extra will be considered a plus to me.

Hell even if we don’t have an option to play the original zone order, I’d be happy with having the option to play the standard games, either locked on or separate.

But don’t think for one second that Stealth and his team won’t be adding any sweet goodies to 3&K, whether in a level select or in the base game. It needs to stand out along with the other remasters and I have faith that they were able to do that

• Like Like x 8
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    Sonic 4: Episode 1 didn't.

4. LockOnRommy11

LockOnRommy11

Sonic 4: Episode I doesn’t count for anything.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    He lost them on the bus

• Like Like x 10
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  6. Mana

Mana

Good! Great! Awesome! Outstanding! Amazing! Member
    I was talking about the games included in Sonic Origins.

7. Antheraea

Antheraea

Bug Hunter Member
    oh god I just remembered all the various ways that mechanic can break from ORKAL's videos on them. now I feel bad for the Headcannon team having to port that in LMAO

8. RikohZX

RikohZX

I didn't think about the possibility that the reason A+ was hired for sprite work would probably be filling in the frames for glitchy or missing stuff, like Super Sonic frames or the like. Because I don't think they can just copypaste things from Complete.

9. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    ^ No they def can't. Ugh I wish they would just let you use Mania sprites across all 3 games
    I'm actually more curious about that than almost anything else, how different certain objects function. That Sandopolis sand completely destroys that level if you use debug. Same with the end of FBZ Act 2. They can recreate these effects likely using less work arounds than Sega originally had to implement due to hardware limitations.

10. sayonararobocop

sayonararobocop

I love those ORKAL videos, sometimes I watch them to sleep since they have text-based annotations.

11. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2022
    • Like Like x 11
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  12. Andrew75

Andrew75

Technical Artist Member
    Project AXSX(Sonic Xtreme) + Misc Projects
    Hell yes! pulling an all-nighter here anyways, working on fangame with nothing better planned for 7 am,,, I'm all in !

13. McAleeCh

McAleeCh

Oldbie
    It'll be the middle of the day in my timezone and I'll be at a family barbecue, so I'll have to catch up on this later. Here's hoping we see some footage of Sonic 3 & Knuckles with in-game audio...! = )

14. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    It's started! A few things we've seen so far:

- the museum is the 3D Blast Island
    - there are more characters in the dioramas now, that or you unlock them. Surprise surprise, Knuckles isn't in any of the dioramas (no generation classic model)
    - the opening story mode cutscene is adorable
    - they acknowledged people want to see Sonic 3 lop
    - Sonic 2's title screen has a difference, the selection icon for 1 and 2 player is Sonic's life icon for some reason
    - it doesn't look like Sonic & Tails is an option in Sonic 1, which is weird because it was in the mobile ports. In Sonic 2, Sonic & Tails and Knuckles & Tails are their own unique save files.
    - continues award you 3 coins now
    - 2 player mode in Sonic 2 retains the scrunched screens (although each character has a full hud now not just time and rings) but is otherwise identical to the mobile 2 player, level selection and Knuckles and all
    - Sonic 3 time! They've actually improved the cutscenes. More animations are given to Knuckles, there are sound effects now when Sonic jumps off the tornado and turns super
    - Weird. The title screen music for Sonic 3 is Sonic 3's, but every other track is S&K?
    - Sonic 3's save select returns to the original layout now that lives and continues are gone
    - Sonic 3 Sonic no longer uses Sonic 2 rotation sprites... never understood why they did in the 1st place
    - showing off mirror mode now in S3K. It's trippy as hell I can't wait
    - the Sonic CD intro has never looked cleaner
    - they showed off CD classic mode. It's Sonic CD alright lol
    - mission mode time! They're definitely restricted to what they can show they're replaying that Super Sonic mission
    - this guy sucks at the games lol. Running out of Super in said mission results in a doomsday zone esq death
    - getting coins play whatever sound they originally corresponded to (if they used to be continues, continue noise, used to be 1 ups, 1 up jingle)
    - you get coins for beating missions
    - boss rush uses those same restrictive bricks missions use to quickly block you off. But one cool thing, you're told each boss's name before each fight. Are there still unknowns?
    - in case there was any doubt left, Sonic and Tails only in CD
    - They're playing Chaotix music right now
    - museum content is pretty thorough. Like a lottt of content. There was some concept art of an early Hedgehog design in a bow tie not sure that was seen before
    - Mania Adventures is included with the other animations
    - people wanted them to play Ice Cap. They didn't.

And that's it they're done

This woman is like, diabetes levels of adorable btw lol

• Informative Informative x 7
    • Like Like x 3
    • List
  15. My flight’s about to take off so I can’t watch the rest.

Not sure what’s been covered before but there’s a boss rush mode which I haven’t seen mentioned before (though it was probably in the Korean shots), 2P vs. in Sonic 2, and the cutscene I saw was great as expected.

16. sayonararobocop

sayonararobocop

The mission island is Mt. Mobius from Spinball!

17. RDNexus

RDNexus

That upside view of the islands...
    I NEED THAT SNAPSHOT ASAP!!! XD

Sonic CD with original OST at long last.

So far the game's looking awesome.
    I wanna see how the Museum looks like.

18. Zephyr

Zephyr

US
    Top down view of the islands:

[​IMG]

South Island is in the south, and Westside Island is in the west. That's a very nice touch.

Also, Sonic 3 title screen music, but Sonic & Knuckles tracks for Knuckles and mini boss has me thinking we're getting the proto/PC tracks now.

• Like Like x 5
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  19. Laura

Laura

Brightened Eyes Member
    Wow they are showing a lot of the Museum. Could be considered kind of spoilery if people want to see that stuff blind with no expectations.

20. E-122-Psi

E-122-Psi

I believe that is uniform with Mania's VS as well, which only uses properly scaled screen ratio for 3-4 player.

If there's one complaint with S3 it's that they didn't add a knocked down sprite for Sonic to excuse him just standing there while Knuckles steals his emeralds. :P

I like they changed it to Tails running in too late instead of lazily flying down watching the whole thing though.