don't click here

Sonic Frontiers Thread - PS4, PS5, Xbox, Switch, PC

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by MykonosFan, May 27, 2021.

1. LucasMadword

LucasMadword

LucasSaturn Member
    That looked extremely unpolished and rough. Not sold on it, especially if it does launch in November. Game doesn't look great from the footage shown, so I'll probably wait for it to drop in price, definitely not a day one purchase unless new footage makes it look better.

2. Snowbound

Snowbound

It feels like this trailer was geared for folks who don’t usually play sonic. The vibe I got was “Sonic’s too fast for you? Don’t worry you can go slow in this game. Real, real slow.”

3. Taylor

Taylor

I take it back this looks lame. It feels very derivative and the movement looks stiff. What's up with the enemy design too?

4. Snowbound

Snowbound

It seems that this was a correct prediction

5. Starduster

Starduster

Can bench press at least two Sonic the Hedgehogs Member
    Britain
    Fighting my procrastination addiction
    idk, the way it happens is odd, almost as if he just did a homing attack without jumping. Anyway, I'm poring over things now so I'll post full thoughts and analyses in a bit.

6. I didn't see anything I specifically liked. I really am put off by how rough the game looks visually, both animations and pop-in. I could live with the generic visual design if the rest was appealing but it's just not. I'm actually surprised that they revealed the game with footage that is half composed of Sonic walking around.

I'm hoping the game ends up good since I'm still going to buy it like an idiot, but if it fails, I hope Sega uses the opportunity to completely change their approach to Sonic. Clean house and find new directors and new designers.

7. astroblema

astroblema

my name means "star wound" Member
    Chile
    It's a secret!
    just give the entire franchise to Dimps already

8. Snowbound

Snowbound

*Looks at Sonic 4 and Generations 3DS*... nah. Give it to Headcanon and evening star

9. astroblema

astroblema

Chile
    It's a secret!
    just give the franchise to whoever developed Sonic Pocket Adventure!

10. Hydr0city

Hydr0city

> Kamikazee Member
    We've been waiting for Episode 3 for TOO LONG!!!! They tried to get Headcannon & others to do it, but it just wasn't the same!

11. LucasMadword

LucasMadword

LucasSaturn Member
    This but unironically. lol
    Dimps were always under tight time constraints, but their games were always comptent enough. Sonic 4 wasn't terrible, but was always supposed to be a mobile game. Generations 3DS wasn't terrible.

12. Turbohog

Turbohog

Not gonna happen lol. Sega would've cleaned house a long time ago if they had any sense.

13. It's... weird. It doesn't feel like or look like a Sonic game. When I'm presented with the likes of Pokemon Scarlett/Violet, and that of Pokemon Arceus, Breath of the Wild, heck even Genshin Impact.

Sonic just doesn't feel like he slots in here. I'm impressed, and happy for it to exist, but like what they've shown feels like it's just about keeping it's head above water. It doesn't look like Sonic gets anywhere too fast, and the distance travelled (without loading!) is a relief too. The concerns arise when it comes to rails, platforms ect. just being randomly placed in the sky.

It looks more like a test stage than a game. This is the kinda stuff I've seen on Project '06s Test Stage. Fun for 10 mins, but then what?

It perplexes me that there can't exist just a simple Boost/3D Sonic-only game. No Classic, No Avatar, and better level design than that of Forces. Still, this'll do for a mainline title I suppose. It'll do well with the non-traditionals.

14. astroblema

astroblema

Chile
    It's a secret!
    "this wasn't terrible" <--- Sonic the hedgehog at its peak?

15. MontiP

MontiP

"Tylerfoxorwhatever? I barely know her!" Member
    Chile
    ....So Dimps

16. astroblema

astroblema

Chile
    It's a secret!
    wut? really?

17. MontiP

MontiP

"Tylerfoxorwhatever? I barely know her!" Member
    Chile
    Well, actually it was a branch from SNK, but most people from that branch later founded Dimps.

18. astroblema

astroblema

Chile
    It's a secret!
    so these guys nailed down classic Sonic at some point? then they remade Sonic 1 mediocrely on the Rush engine? well I guess sometimes evolution works backwards

19. jubbalub

jubbalub

#1 Sonic Superstars defender Member
    I can already tell this game is going to be divisive. This isn't going to be "meh" like Forces. People will either REALLY like it or REALLY hate it.

20. RikohZX

RikohZX

Sega decisions basically ruined a lot of DIMPS potential. Sonic 4 was forced to use the Rush engine by either Iizuka or executive demand.