don't click here

Sonic the Hedgehog Cinematic Universe Thread (& Knuckles)

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Dark Sonic, May 28, 2020.

1. shilz

shilz

getting my daily allowance of vitamin kk
    It's more like people are shocked they (seemingly) made him seem less threatening so soon, as they established him as more of a serious threat in the movie. Obviously this is just some silly short (similar to the comic) but it could end up leading to him being the kind of character he has been in the games (or just Boom) that people liked the movie for not making him.

2. Turbohog

Turbohog

I feel like people didn't watch the same movie as me. Knuckles was very clearly being portrayed as stupid and goofy by the end of the movie.

3. Starduster

Starduster

Can bench press at least two Sonic the Hedgehogs Member
    Britain
    Fighting my procrastination addiction
    Idris Elba not coming back I can understand, but Colleen being absent surprises me. I guess she had some schedule conflicts, unless the offered payment was really so preposterous.

4. I love Knuckles and all, but his entire first appearance is impeding Sonic with comically inept traps and then has one of the most pathetic boss fights in the game.

I love his lore and I like his interactions with other characters, but he's always been portrayed as somewhat bumbling in tone, even in his best interpretations.

He's never been a 100% serious character in the same way that Shadow tends to be.

5. Rlan

Rlan

Oldbie
  6. I really loved the animation in this short. Everyone looks so expressive and it's so cartoon-ish.

I hope we will see this drone in the third movie.

7. sayonararobocop

sayonararobocop

For real, aside from punching Sonic to oblivion at the beginning, Knuckles manages to accomplish these things in Sonic 3:
    1. Hits a button and makes Sonic fall into a pit
    2. Hits a button and makes Sonic fall into another pit
    3. Hits a button and turns off the lights
    4. Stands underneath the fuselage of a giant space station as it launches
    5. Gives away the portal location to the Master Emerald by being totally obvious
    6. Hits a button and makes Sonic fall up
    7. Rolls a boulder onto Sonic
    8. Gets ass kicked by Sonic
    9. Gets ass kicked by Eggman
    10. Punches a wall open
    11. Hits a button and teleports Sonic away
    12. Shoos Sonic off so the grown-ups can take care of the situation

8. RDNexus

RDNexus

Wait... Animation? Short? What did I miss?

9. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
  10. XCubed

XCubed

Will Someday Own a Rent-A-Center Oldbie
    Listen very carefully at 0:27. This is the first chord of Ice Cap Zone is played and crescendoed by the orchestra and HAS to be intentional. Right as the “snowboard” hits the ground.

11. RDNexus

RDNexus

It appeared on my YouTube feed by mere chance xD
    Heck, why couldn't they keep the same voice cast?
    Also, it was funny, but not my usual kind of funny...

12. Snowbound

Snowbound

Someone on twitter stated that Tails’ design is the one from the post credit sequence of Sonic 1 instead of the updated one from Sonic 2. Maybe this short was an animation test made during S2’s production and that’s why the voice cast (except for Ben) is different... or maybe I have no idea what the fuck I’m talking about *shrug*

13. Iggy for Short

Iggy for Short

Knuckles isn't the smartest in the movie, but it's less about him being stupid and more about him being out of his element. He still largely keeps his dignity and his unfamiliarity with Earth's customs doesn't get in the way of being a skilled warrior. Obviously it's early to cry "flanderized", but it would be nice to avoid a repeat of his video game self's trajectory. (And I say this as someone who doesn't even have a strong opinion about it in the games. Still, badass Knuckles was nice to see.)

14. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    I went to see it in theaters one last time tonight (I needed a seventh ticket stub because I have problems), and even though it premiered today on streaming/digital, there was a decent turnout. It's nice to see the movie's still got some staying power. I wonder if at some point, an updated version was sent to theaters, because the extra explosion effects near the end of the leaked digital release (in this video that @JcFerggy posted a few pages ago) were present and accounted for at the showing I went to tonight.

One cute thing I finally noticed tonight is that there's a little wooden goat chillin' outside the Mean Bean.

15. Fadaway

Fadaway

I almost went tonight myself after work but then my head began hurting and thought about going another day. I think you've seen this movie about the same number of times I have lol. That is a good thing. I did lose count after the fourth or fifth time.

16. charcoal

charcoal

Be Cool, Be Wild, and Be Groovy Member
    I'll probably be rewatching the movie on digital soon. I don't live that close to a theatre so I only saw it opening weekend.
    I just can't wait for sonic 3, the idea of a big screen SA2 adaptation just makes me giddy like a little kid.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  17. Boxer Hockey

Boxer Hockey

The models and rigs are the same ones used in the movie. People are saying that Tails is the old design because his eyes often look smaller in the short, but that's just a posing choice by the animator. When Tails' eyelids relax they work like normal eyelids, not like the game versions which move up and down like window shades. Therefore if they're not fully retracted they sometimes give the appearance of a smaller eyeball. But it's the exact same model that was used in Movie 2.

• Informative Informative x 10
    • List
  18. Snowbound

Snowbound

Given how well Tails emotes in the film I think it’s safe to you made a great design choice here. I appreciate your explanation because I noticed Tails’ eyes looking different in Forces Mobile but I thought I was just imagining it. Turns out I’m not crazy... well I probably am, but for different reasons

19. charcoal

charcoal

Be Cool, Be Wild, and Be Groovy Member
    I Hope tails has a more relevant role in sonic 3, just cause he's adorable and I love him. I wonder if the whole independence arc from sa1 will be crammed in there somehow?
    relevant image
    [​IMG]

20. Dek Rollins

Dek Rollins

size of a tangerine Member
    US
    Can someone please explain what "comically job" means?