don't click here

Sonic the Hedgehog Cinematic Universe Thread (& Knuckles)

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Dark Sonic, May 28, 2020.

1. Beltway

Beltway

The most grateful Sonic fan of all time this week Member
    Sega of Darkest Peru
    Artwork and classes
    It's odd, they actually made the gremlin movie Sonic design worse than the 2019 version, but his use of the character here actually makes him somewhat endearing. I dunno.

I was already interested in seeing this movie just for the sheer absurdity the trailers showcased and my fondness for WFRR/mixed animation projects (and, of course, getting Disney+ to watch it), but the (confirmed) inclusion of gremlin Sonic sealed the deal for me.

2. qwertysonic

qwertysonic

creating the biggest sonic collection
    This!

Also Ugly Sonic was a legit character so that's cool. What universe do we live in that even the rejected design of a Sonic movie gets a role in a Disney movie?

3. XCubed

XCubed

Will Someday Own a Rent-A-Center Oldbie
    OFMG, I’m dead. Ugly Sonic still lives and is even worse….who knew that the mouse had it in him??

New available clip (Spoilers, yada yada):

Last edited: May 21, 2022
  4. sayonararobocop

sayonararobocop

5. The Joebro64

The Joebro64

SAY HELLO TO MY CHOCOLATE BLEND Member
    SegaBits is a highly respected Sega news site and is affiliated with the website you’re currently on. So I think I’m not wrong for trusting them.
    He had to work with the legal team to determine it was OK. That doesn’t necessarily mean they got permission from Sega or Paramount.

6. jubbalub

jubbalub

#1 Sonic Superstars defender Member
    It is notable that Knuckles isn't voiced by Idris Elba in this clip.

7. Linkabel

Linkabel

Colleen seems to be missing too.

8. Snub-n0zeMunkey

Snub-n0zeMunkey

yo what up Member
    even though I'm not into the live-action hybrid thing I can't deny that this looks really cool. I've also really come around on Ben Schwartz's voice for Sonic, I think he sounds good in this. It's gotten to the point where I kinda like his voice for Sonic more than Roger's (not that I think they should replace Roger with Ben, I don't think that will ever happen)

9. Snowbound

Snowbound

I hope this isn’t a sign of Elba sitting out the Knuckles TV Show.

10. sayonararobocop

sayonararobocop

Segabits isn't immune to bad takes. It was just a snarky Twitter post .

11. They confirmed he's reprising but who knows, things might have changed.

12. Iggy for Short

Iggy for Short

So... a short where 1) Knuckles and Tails don't have the appropriate voices, and 2) Knuckles immediately, comically jobs. I don't wanna doomsay from a 1 minute clip of a short but that's not the greatest first impression for whatever supplementary material they're hoping to pump out for movie Sonic.

13. Snowbound

Snowbound

The animation itself appears to be excellent but I agree with you regarding the voice and Knuckles’ characterization. Honestly I wonder if Elba would’ve delivered those same lines in a way more palatable to me.

I also wonder if maybe the start of the Knuckles show is Knuckles feeling like a fish out of water on earth and subsequently going offplanet on an adventure so he could feel like a badass warrior again.

14. unAWARE

unAWARE

Mmm...morphball! Member
    Southwest Michigan
    Raising my son
    Just a heads up that at least for the US, Sonic 2 is live now on Paramount+.

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  15. sayonararobocop

sayonararobocop

Watching it again now!

16. shilz

shilz

getting my daily allowance of vitamin kk
    It's absolutely ridiculous the time gap they're now creating for the Digital release and the Blu Ray release date.
    August 9th. It's two whole months. WHY?

17. sayonararobocop

sayonararobocop

The 45 day window really makes it seem silly.

18. Why are people surprised Knuckles comically jobs when that's been his role for ages now?

19. RDNexus

RDNexus

Some people may not be used to it, given how long Sonic X is now and how little he's been present in latest games.
    Also, Sonic Boom is a different iteration, so it barely counts as an example, in this case.