don't click here

Tails Tube

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Blue Blood, Mar 24, 2022.

1. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Oh the Flickies help?

So then Sonic really didn't do anything grabbing her then

2. raphael_fc

raphael_fc

Overthinking Sonic timelines. Member
    The Flickies only obey Sonic, because he's blue.

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  3. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    That solves it then :eng99:

4. BlackHole

BlackHole

You're going to need MORE than help. Member
    England
    Complaining
    Well, he give them one thing to grab, rather than two tumbling things.

5. Starduster

Starduster

Can bench press at least two Sonic the Hedgehogs Member
    Britain
    Fighting my procrastination addiction
    I hope they're more willing to explore the recent history of the echidnas now the movie has opened that box. I really want to get an idea of what the Knuckles Clan was doing in the 50 years prior to the present day and how it ended up that Knuckles ended up becoming the last of his kind, having guarded the Master Emerald for as long as he can remember, without really knowing why.

6. Pengi

Pengi

That's not a fact, it's conjecture.

7. BlackHole

BlackHole

England
    Complaining
    Fact: birds disappear and reappear between frames. Sonic also slows in descent enough to right and land feet first, versus every other instance of high distance falls where he plows face first into the ground, though Vanilla would be in the way in this instance.

Please explain the better theory of the magical disappearing, reappearing birds.

8. Pengi

Pengi

We never see the Flickies grab them and we are never told that the Flickies grabbed them, so it is not a fact that the Flickies grabbed them.

9. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Birds aren't real :tinfoil:

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  10. raphael_fc

raphael_fc

Overthinking Sonic timelines. Member
    The Flickies are Babylonian and they vanished because of the alien gravity pull thingy.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  11. Starduster

Starduster

Can bench press at least two Sonic the Hedgehogs Member
    Britain
    Fighting my procrastination addiction
    Yeah, gotta agree here. The Flickies are at no point shown doing anything that can be construed as aiding in Sonic and Vanilla's descent. In fact, precedent suggests that the Occam's Razor here is Sonic simply just fell. And landed feet first. Shadow fell from space and didn't end up dying. Given what evidence we do have access to, Sonic had more control over his fall and is used to taking them at this point. It's a nice headcanon and even made me go and look at the ending again, but that's all it is really.

12. BlackHole

BlackHole

England
    Complaining
    While we actively ignore the second screen of all the birds making their way directly toward the two, one of which has their feet extended towards them.
    [​IMG]

Clearly, the more rational explanation is that the birds left Vanilla and Sonic to die.

• List
  13. SuperSnoopy

SuperSnoopy

I like Sonic Advance Member
    Lyon, France
    Slice of life visual novel, coming soon...?
    Now THAT'S the kind of quality discussion I joined this forum for.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  14. The KKM

The KKM

Welcome to the nExt level Member
    Portugal
    IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog comic books
    The more rational explanation is irrelevant- the point is you're placing your speculation, reasonable or not, as factual. There's no indication here of anything but them falling.

15. BlackHole

BlackHole

England
    Complaining
    Alright then, disappearing reappearing birds it is, since that's not speculation, that's fact: the birds are not visible in the scene on the next slide and turn back up on the fourth.

16. Pengi

Pengi

They're off screen. How on earth do you reach the conclusion that the Flickies are grabbing Sonic in the screen where they're not even visible? Wouldn't we see their little feet clasping onto Sonic?

Take a step back for a moment. This is an irrational thing to claim as an indisputable fact.

17. kitsunebi

kitsunebi

Japan
    I've never played this game, but just watched the scene in question on youtube. What I saw was Sonic and Vanilla falling (in animated form) for quite a long time as a group of Flickies flew back and forth nearby, just watching them drop for about 14 seconds (out of morbid curiosity?) I saw no indication that they intended to help in any way. Also the screen where they are "absent" has Sonic positioned right at the very top of the screen, so assuming they were hovering a few feet away (as they were during the entire descent), it's entirely probable that they're slightly above and off screen.

Of course, if that simple explanation isn't satisfying, there's just as much evidence that the Flickies helped out as there is that just after Sonic grabbed Vanilla, the Flickies fell though a rip in space/time and were sent to a parallel universe populated entirely by dinosaurs and ghosts where they were bathed in a mysterious mystical glow emanating from an inexplicably anachronistic structure shaped like a 2-story golden toilet which gave them the powers to communicate with and control the faction of "good" dinosaurs in a decades-long battle against the "bad" ghosts which were finally defeated in an epic competitive match of Wordle at which point a ray of light shot forth from the golden toilet and shone upon the Flickies who with their destinies as saviors fulfilled were sent back across space/time to the very moment they had left whence they proceeded to watch in curious detachment as Sonic and Vanilla dropped like stones.

I mean it could be either one, really.

Last edited: May 8, 2022
  18. Xiao Hayes

Xiao Hayes

Classic Eggman art Member
    This is fantastic! XD (And quite aligning with how flickies were able to hop to a different dimension through the giant rings of their island in Sonic 3D...)

19. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    Right, cleaned this thread up a smidge. Judging by what I cleared out, we've clearly exhausted discussion of the first episode of Tails Tube. That's okay! Sometimes there's nothing to discuss. Unless something comes to mind that's actually relevant to the content of the first episode, let's let this thread lay idle until if/when another episode sporadically appears.

20. Hydra Spectre

Hydra Spectre

Tails Fan Member
    I'm disappointed that the English version of TailsTube has been flagged as "Made for Kids" so no one can comment.
    That said, the Japanese version still has comments.