don't click here

Sonic Prime (Netflix Animated Series)

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by The Joebro64, Dec 10, 2020.

1. I really want to know if kids today would prefer the current characterization over what was in the OVA if given equal exposure. Do people really care for this pandering brand of “cool” that the character currently has? And if they do, would they really prefer it to a more subdued characterization?

2. astroblema

astroblema

my name means "star wound" Member
    Chile
    It's a secret!
    Sonic getting a tan with sunglasses while listening to rock music, ignoring Tails' cute tricks, "shut up Tails" when he's close to death, and other moments of Sonic being an unfiltered asshole... dude I'm pretty sure kids would eat that shit up

3. Snowbound

Snowbound

There’s a reason I hear OVA Sonic’s voice when I read the Fleetway comics. You just listed em

Speaking of the Fleetway comics, I wonder if issue #1 of STC influenced Green Hill Zone’s purple sky in Prime?
    DD5F3771-B85D-4361-B241-02042E637644.jpeg

Last edited: May 6, 2022
  4. I would have been 4 or 5 when I first saw it and I ate it up. I don’t think I perceived it as him being an asshole, but more like how an older brother realistically treats a sibling. No matter how jerky you are, younger siblings still look up to and want to emulate you in a way. It reminds me of SoA’s entire marketing strategy being based around marketing to older audiences so the younger players naturally gravitate towards it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I doubt it it's likely just sunset or sunrise in Green Hill

6. Childish

Childish

Pigs wiggle when they walk Member
    Shady lane
    Sonic 4 Blast Processed
    Correct, I love the ova.

7. Forte

Forte

I speak better after three beers Member
    Poland
    After hearing Devon Mack vlog, I'm getting even more convinced he will be a great Sonic. He still needs to iron out his voice a bit, but the impression is really, really good.

I wonder how Dr. Robotnik will sound. I love Pollock, but Bristow was also an excellent Eggman, making the character more intimidating and sinister. Pollock to me will always be the funny/flamboyant Eggy.

8. Snowbound

Snowbound

• Informative Informative x 4
    • List
  9. Hydr0city

Hydr0city

> Kamikazee Member
    I'd definitely imagine we're getting a release date/window of some kind on that date, then. Or just more footage - but definitely more than what we have now. Who knows.

I'm hoping this ends up being good. Even if it was like only 3 seconds of footage, I kinda liked what I saw, so I'm hoping that means the final product ends up being good. A solidly good Sonic animated series would be nice. (Boom is probably the closest to, but it ends up being very divisive for most people, not even Sonic fans - probably due to RoL, lmao)

10. shilz

shilz

getting my daily allowance of vitamin kk
    This is definitely going to be the equivalent to Mega Man Fully Charged's San Diego Comic Con panel, with the show itself not lagging very far behind. Hopefully we'll see some behind the scenes animation footage, soundtrack preview, proper trailer, ETC. If not... Oh well.

11. Vaiz

Vaiz

I'm still here for some reason! Member
    Internet.

Hey look, it's twenty seconds of a thing.

12. CaseyAH_

CaseyAH_

human incarnation of Palmtree Panic 'P' Mix Member
    Is it just me or are Shadow's spines huge in that teaser

13. Shaddy the guy

Shaddy the guy

Professional Internet asshole Member
    OR
    His hair needs a combing.

14. Starduster

Starduster

Can bench press at least two Sonic the Hedgehogs Member
    Britain
    Fighting my procrastination addiction
    "Oh, so first they're too short, but now they're too long?! Are you sick fucks never satisfied?!"

~ Iizuka, probably

15. Snowbound

Snowbound

Is it me or does green hill zone look much more detailed in this teaser? I like what I see so far. It was an especially nice touch that they remembered Shadow’s yellow trail. That said I have mixed feelings about Shadow being in the show given Sega’s restrictions with the character. I’m not super worried about this w/ movie 3 for 2 reasons 1) that’ll mainly be an adaption of SA2 and 2) The movies are so successful that I suspect the writers have more bargaining power with Sega. Hopefully Shadow’s characterization will be good in prime... but that’s not entirely on man of action

16. Flare

Flare

Oh yes! Green Hill looks so good, that open area must be fun too run in

Also I am its only little but I love the colour of Shadow's... cheeks in this. Not as peachy as Sonic. His design overall, though very close to the games looks much better than I felt Boom's Shadow did.

17. Iggy for Short

Iggy for Short

Have we ever seen Shadow portrayed as using the spin dash (or rolling) to get around as opposed to his signature hover skates and Chaos Control? I know he typically can in-game by virtue of being a Sonic clone, mechanically, but it feels odd to see. (Yes, I'm aware this is probably an incredibly nerdy nitpick. :V)

18. LucasMadword

LucasMadword

LucasSaturn Member
    I'm hoping this is a very early preview, which is very likely and this coming complaint is likely to be moot. The animation looks extremely flat, and the textures/shading look very plastic-y. The tiny bit of animation we've actually seen looks fairly good, it's just the shading and texturing that doesn't. That being said, usually within animation, early previews you see renders that aren't exactly complete or indicitive of the final proudct. That's a common practice to show earlier renders, so this complaint might not hold any water at release.

19. shilz

shilz

getting my daily allowance of vitamin kk
    I'm gonna bring up what else but my favorite tv show ever Mega Man Fully Charged.

I feel at points that show kinda knew how to hide its rendering budget behind the art style, which I think is also what's happening here. Maybe it'll flip on me, but I feel like we're very close to the release of the series, so I don't think much about this is bound to change. It'll definitely look better than Sonic Boom at any rate.

20. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Isn't this thing out this year? Considering how long it's been in development I'd not count this as "very early".