don't click here

Sonic Origins Collection - General Thread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by HEDGESMFG, May 27, 2021.

1. Blue Spikeball

Blue Spikeball

Sega basically banning the use of assets legally owned by them based on some relatively minor drama that took place a few years ago makes no sense to me. I doubt seeing Classic Knuckles in 3d is going to make most people go "Remember that Rafa ordeal?" When most people look at a model in a game, they don't even know or think about who made it in the first place.

2. raphael_fc

raphael_fc

Overthinking Sonic timelines. Member
    I myself have never even heard of it until now.

3. Starduster

Starduster

Can bench press at least two Sonic the Hedgehogs Member
    Britain
    Fighting my procrastination addiction
    No, but it may cause Rafa to make a stink about it. Now that's only my speculation and I don't know her, but if the ordeal with SEGA ended poorly then I can see why they may not want to give her cause to start airing that laundry again.

4. Antheraea

Antheraea

Bug Hunter Member
    The figure I saw quoted was two months, in one of my favorite articles - about copy protection in Spyro 3. Mind you of course that Spyro 3 came out like two decades ago, so it's probably not as accurate.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  5. Blue Spikeball

Blue Spikeball

"Oh no, there is the off-chance that this ex-employee starts badmouthing us on Twitter with little basis again" sounds like an awfully paranoid and submissive stance for a company to take and let influence their work to me. The fact most of us didn't even know about this drama should tell you how little effect it had on Sega and the brand's image.

6. Starduster

Starduster

Britain
    Hey, I'm just trying to offer an explanation as to *why* they may be neglecting to bother with the models, what's actually happening is anyone's guess.

7. MastaSys

MastaSys

This being the company that ports back games to platforms that they already had a version of.
    I'll put my money on "They don't remember they own it"

Last edited: May 10, 2022
  8. Blue Spikeball

Blue Spikeball

Have people tried asking the Origins devs about the matter? For all we know, they're unaware that there is an official Classic Knuckles model and Sega never informed them.

9. Starduster

Starduster

Britain
    Imo it’s not really a constructive endeavour at this point. They’re working on the game, they’ll be under NDA and I doubt they’d be willing to risk their reputation and business relationship with SEGA (not to mention fiscal wellbeing) by giving us behind the scenes details. Maybe this specific question would be okay to talk about, but you know how Sonic enthusiasts are - answering one would lead to ten more.

10. charcoal

charcoal

Be Cool, Be Wild, and Be Groovy Member
    Yeah. I dont think harassing the developers of the game for answers is the best approach. We can wait 2 months for the game to release, no matter how hard it may be, lol.

11. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    All the non in-game screens (title screen/menus/museums/islands etc) were made by SEGA themselves, not Headcannon (they said that on their Twitter!).
    HC specifically developed Sonic 3/K and made touch ups to the other games, SEGA's done the rest.

Informing SEGA about the models themselves commissioned wouldn't do much, besides, was the in-house staff involved with the game already disclosed?

Last edited: May 4, 2022
  12. Blue Spikeball

Blue Spikeball

Maybe I should have been clearer. It doesn't really matter whether they can give us an answer or not, the true purpose of asking them would be making sure that they know about the models.

Welp then, fair enough.

13. Forte

Forte

I speak better after three beers Member
    Poland
    If I'm not mistaken, there were also concerns about Rafa's NSFW Discord?
    I might be misremembering things, I've read about it a long time ago.

14. Londinium

Londinium

People actually read these? Member
    I find it infinitely amusing that this entire thread died with the mention of an NSFW Discord server, as if nobody wants to bring it up.

While it's probably just a coincidence, a tiny part of me wants to believe the mention of the NSFW Discord server killed the entire thread.

More likely than not, however, we probably just ran out of things to talk about.

Can't wait for Sonic Origins.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  15. RetroJordan91

RetroJordan91

The REAL Blue Sphere Guy Member
    Yeah I mean since the trailer was revealed SEGA has gone quiet with Origins again (even though we know what to expect)

Here’s hoping we get something to discuss this month

16. Well, here's something to discuss I guess: Even if we're getting "Michael Jackson's music", are we going to get the exclusive Sonic 3 Alone songs? Like the miniboss theme, Knuckles's theme and probably even the Sonic 3 theme itself... I'm actually wondering mostly about Sonic 3 Alone's miniboss music to be honest.

17. RetroJordan91

RetroJordan91

The REAL Blue Sphere Guy Member
    That all depends on two things:

1) Will we be given the option to play Sonic 3&K as two separate games? Stealth did mention the standalone games as 2 of 4 possible gameplay modes in a 3&K remaster back in 2015. Having the option to play the games separately will allow us to hear all the exclusive music.

2) Did SEGA get the rights to use the MJ tracks? Because his team’s contributions affect only Sonic 3 standalone. If the answer is yes, then we should get all the tracks and hopefully toggle which ones we want. If not, then we lose all 10 MJ tracks; the Knuckles theme, miniboss theme, and credits theme will use their S&K counterpart and the remaining songs will be replaced by their corresponding beta tracks.

It’s all a wait and see approach until Origins releases.

Last edited: May 7, 2022
  18. charcoal

charcoal

Be Cool, Be Wild, and Be Groovy Member
    This is stealth we're talking about here, if they got the rights to the MJ music, it'll most likely be an option.
    Fingers crossed for sped up zone music instead of the super theme, though.

19. Londinium

Londinium

People actually read these? Member
    Seriously hope Sega gives us the option to switch between MJ and beta tracks. Considering they've been going all out with this remaster, I see it as a possibility that they've finally got the MJ situation under control.

Even if we don't get the MJ tracks, I'm one of the oddballs that actually prefers the beta tracks over the official ones, so no skin off my back.

Last edited: May 7, 2022
  20. I think it would be also smart if they'd use the Alone music for Sonic 3 miniboss stages and then use S&K music for another half of the game.

But yeah, in general, a opition to choosen music would be appreciated. But just putting Sonic 3 miniboss theme alone would be enough for me lol. Of course, if we're even getting MJ's track.

Fuck, I forgot about Super Sonic theme. I REALLY hope there would be a opition to disable Super music at all, even if Super get its own music.