don't click here

Sonic the Hedgehog Cinematic Universe Thread (& Knuckles)

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Dark Sonic, May 28, 2020.

1. qwertysonic

qwertysonic

creating the biggest sonic collection
    Just click the "unwatch thread" link at the top of the page.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  2. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    Merging both would be messy for those reading back on it later on. We will focus discussion of the movie in this thread on that day going forward.

3. Xiao Hayes

Xiao Hayes

Classic Eggman art Member
    Then I'd sugest the opposite, keep the spoilers one as the movie specific and this one as the generic one for every film, but I think this thread was previously a similar branching of the thread for the first one, so... I honestly don't know what I'd do either. :flunked:

4. Techokami

Techokami

For use only on NTSC Genesis systems Researcher
    HoleNet!
    Sonic Worlds Next
    Saw the new movie today with my parents, and HOLY SHIT that was an excellent film! Lots of moments that made us all laugh out loud! So many cool details as well; even my mom picked up on Labyrinth Zone's finer details! (She is a big fan of the classic games)

5. Londinium

Londinium

People actually read these? Member
    Hearing cinematic universe makes me think of a Ristar movie for some reason

6. qwertysonic

qwertysonic

There are lots of Sega games in the intro. A Ristar movie could be fun. At least maybe it would stop people from pronouncing it Rie-star.

7. Yash

Yash

CHOCOLATE! Member
    I've needed Ristar to become a canon Sonic character for so long. (not counting the Sonic Racing cameos)

8. Londinium

Londinium

People actually read these? Member
    Oooh, new Ristar game featuring the Wisps perhaps?

9. Xiao Hayes

Xiao Hayes

Paramount+ is coming much later to my country and I'm not sure we'll pay yet another streaming service, so I'm screwed. Mostly worried about the Knuckles mini-series, of course, at least I've already watched the movie.

We call them "backup copies" here, it's probably not as cool, but we have Sonic already around to be the cool guy. :V

10. Jay T.

Jay T.

It takes an idiot to do cool things... Member
    Unfortunately I missed my chance to see the movie, so I'm happy that it's arrive sooner than say, 3 months from now. Don't have Paramount Plus (already paying quite a bit for the others), but I'll get it mainly for the movie.

11. corneliab

corneliab

They should do a sequential cut of both movies and call it Sonic & Knuckles. I'm maybe-mostly kidding, but imagine.

12. Xiao Hayes

Xiao Hayes

It's gonna be Sonic 3 & Knuckles when they release the third movie and the mini-series together. :V

The second movie is already called "Sonic Vs. Knuckles" in Japan, anyway.

• List
  13. corneliab

corneliab

Oh yeah, I forgot about that.

14. kitsunebi

kitsunebi

Japan
    They don't have Paramount+ here in Japan, though even if they did, they obviously wouldn't release Sonic in May when it doesn't hit theaters until August.

With a three month window of having the movie available online prior to its theatrical debut, I suppose they'd be more concerned about piracy if more people in Japan spoke English, but the language barrier will mean that very few native Japanese will have downloaded it. Not so sure about all of the ex-pats, though.:V

15. qwertysonic

qwertysonic

May 24th does seem pretty quick. I wonder how long until it's released on Blu-ray.

16. shilz

shilz

getting my daily allowance of vitamin kk
    I'd think it digitally releases for rental and purchase the same time as Paramount+, which would mean maybe during the next month is Blu Ray, because we live in hell where the Digital and Blu Ray don't come out at the same time and you don't even get commentaries most of the time. (Hopefully we do get a commentary for Sonic 2, we got one for 1)

17. Xiao Hayes

Xiao Hayes

The first movie went quickly to the streaming services through rental/purchase, and it got physical copies already for June/July (I can't remember). I suppose we'll have DVDs and Blu-Rays of the second movie in shops at the beginning of summer again.

18. Boxer Hockey

Boxer Hockey

The Batman has already been on HBO Max for a week, and that came out in theatres only a month before Sonic. It’s pretty normal for movies to hit streaming after about two months now. Digital on demand follows shortly after.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  19. AstroSeedP

AstroSeedP

• Like Like x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List