don't click here

Sonic Origins Collection - General Thread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by HEDGESMFG, May 27, 2021.

1. Turbohog

Turbohog

I'd assume the animated portions mainly take place before and after games. However, the trailer did show footage of Sonic and Knuckles fighting. So perhaps they animated some key story scenes as well.

2. Diablohead

Diablohead

Indie dev Oldbie
    Near London
    games
    s3k being such a big game i'd imagine they will animate the death egg dropping and knuckles fight yeah.

3. TheOcelot

TheOcelot

Scooty Puff Jr sucks! Member
    Yeah, hope Stealth gets to add this. The background looks good.

I've always liked how this was recreated for Knuckles intro in Mania:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 25, 2022
  4. RetroJordan91

RetroJordan91

The REAL Blue Sphere Guy Member
    That long awaited transition between Launch Base and Mushroom Hill is something I’m fully expecting to appear, whether as an animated cutscene, or in-game like how Sonic 3 Complete did it… to have it as an official link between the games is the dream right now

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  5. McAleeCh

McAleeCh

Oldbie
    Yes, we also see Sonic arriving in Collision Chaos and Metal going after Amy. Some - like the Sky Chase bit - seems to be from some sort of animated intro, as it has things which wouldn't make sense in a story context such as Tails waving at the viewer and the Death Egg Robot popping up over the scene. But the Hidden Palace and Collision Chaos scenes definitely seem to be depicting major events in the story from what I can see.

That's a point though - talking of Sky Chase, if there really are story scenes at certain points during the games I'd love to see a cutscene added between Metropolis and Sky Chase. It always feels like there's quite a jump in the story there - I'd love to see how the Origins team would fill in the blanks!

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  6. Londinium

Londinium

People actually read these? Member
    I want to see how we went from underground ruins to a city to an underground water-filled labyrinth back to a city

7. Starduster

Starduster

Can bench press at least two Sonic the Hedgehogs Member
    Britain
    Fighting my procrastination addiction
    Underground ruins are just the islanders' equivalent of the M1.

8. Snowbound

Snowbound

I suspect that the original in game cutscene of Metal Sonic capturing Amy is going to be altered or removed in Anniversary and Story mode. It’s unfair for new players who don’t know to let the scene play out and run into the death spikes. I’m pretty sure the cutscene was removed from Tail’s campaign so it’s definitely possible.

I hope that the ingame 3K scenes are somehow kept in addition to the animated cutscenes

9. Antheraea

Antheraea

Bug Hunter Member
    With regards to launch base zone -> mushroom hill zone, I think that's a pretty easy thing to slot in between the existing cutscenes. S3&K cutscene of Sonic watching the Death Egg fall -> Animated cutscene showing tails flying Sonic out -> S3&K cutscene of Tails dropping off Sonic in MHZ like normal.

10. Boxer Hockey

Boxer Hockey

The animations don't replace any of the in-game cutscenes. The in-game scenes are perfect the way they are.

• Informative Informative x 17
    • Like Like x 9
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  11. RetroJordan91

RetroJordan91

I feel that the Death Egg crashing back onto Angel Island should be included during that transition regardless to pay homage to the S&K title screen

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  12. Laura

Laura

Brightened Eyes Member
    Unless I'm mistaken, I think we get animations when the game starts and ends? Not in between levels?

13. RetroJordan91

RetroJordan91

SEGA confirmed beginning and ending animations for each game, however we just aren’t sure about in between.. the only reason for that is the animation showing Sonic and Knuckles fighting in Hidden Palace.. perhaps it could actually be shown in 3&K’s ending animations but we shall see

Last edited: Apr 25, 2022
  14. Laura

Laura

Brightened Eyes Member
    I imagine it'll be something like that. Think the ending animation for CD

15. Beamer the Meep

Beamer the Meep

Better than Sonic Genesis... Member
    So it would be similar to the animated cutscenes in the Chrono Trigger cutscenes? Basically what they did was added in the animated cutscenes but played the in-game cutscenes they were based on afterward.

16. Blue Spikeball

Blue Spikeball

That's what I figured. If the Sonic vs Knux FMV were in-game, it would either replace the boss battle or play right before (or after) it. I doubt they would remove gameplay in favor of FMVs, and having these mid-level would probably feel too intrusive.

17. astroblema

astroblema

my name means "star wound" Member
    Chile
    It's a secret!
    yeah my idea is that right after you beat knuckles there'll be a fade into the animation then a fade out of it to the scene of Eggman betraying Knux and Knux leading Sonic/Tails to Sky Sanctuary

18. Laura

Laura

Brightened Eyes Member
    I think unlikely. Most probably the games are the same. There are animations at the start and end. The ending animations will recap the game and that's where the scene of Sonic and Knuckles fighting is from. Similar to Sonic and Metal Sonic in CD. As well as the other fights in that animation.

To be honest I'm not even sure if I would want intrusive animations like that in gameplay.

19. Forte

Forte

I speak better after three beers Member
    Poland
    My body is ready for Toot Toot Sonic Warrior styled opening in each game.

Pretty please, Sega?
    Doom Room — Cosmic Zoom?

20. MathUser

MathUser

3rd top wiki contributor Researcher
    They could hire back the guys that did Sonic R's sound track. I bet they could make tunes for some cutscenes.