don't click here

Sonic Speed Simulator, Officially Partnered Sonic Roblox Game

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Snowbound, Apr 13, 2022.

1. I haven't played Roblox before so maybe I'm missing something obvious with it, how do you get the Sonic/Tails/Knuckles avatar/skins?

So far all I seem to be able to do is run around with the generic avatar collecting diamond things and leveling up the speed. I've tried traveling to "Green Hill Obby 1" but can't seem to click it in. Dunno what's going on. I'm playing on Xbox One if that makes a difference, if anyone happens to know what's up.

2. There is a rail slightly in front of and above the spawn. Basically just look up when you spawn in. There is a little card looking thing you can collect. That is the Sonic skin. Tails’ card is located in the Lost Valley hub.

I don’t think there’s a Knuckles skin (yet). I know there is a Knuckles chao but that was only for beta players.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  3. Chris Highwind

Chris Highwind

Statesville, NC
    Slacking
    Something I've noticed after spending all morning playing this is that, with 3 Evolved Chao, and an Evolved Trail, all levelled up enough, and enough Rebirths, the Sky Rings become almost worthless because you gain stupid amounts of EXP from a Chaos Orb chain alone, and with the former 2, you can gain an obscene amount of rings without spending Robux on the Ring packs. (Last I checked, I currently gain 404 rings for every one I collect)

4. Professor BV

Professor BV

アブナイヨとHAVE A NICEは似てる Member
    FL
    I'm not sure how the "evolution" mechanic works. I see 1/5 or 2/5 next on the button whenever I select my Chao or Trail, but clicking it does nothing.

5. The numbers represent how many duplicates of the item you possess out of the total required to evolve. It's a mechanic that comes from gacha games to give a purpose to duplicate items you pull. So 2/5 means you need 3 more of the same item to evolve the current one equipped.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • List
  6. shilz

shilz

getting my daily allowance of vitamin kk
    I just played for 5 and a half hours straight. What is wrong with me?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. starfrost

starfrost

When I was around 9-12 years old I used to play a lot of Roblox, there were some games that controlled pretty well. It just takes some effort put into working around the engine's quirks, and although I haven't played for several years I hear it does keep getting better every single year, so it isn't really an excuse.

8. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    There's an update today that adds Knuckles and some other things. You can redeem the code "Riders" for a Sonic Riders skin for Sonic.
    https://twitter.com/gamefamstudios/status/1517858363643674624

This is my first time playing, and yeah, it gets fun once you put a few minutes in for leveling up. Not bad at all.

• Informative Informative x 4
    • List
  9. shilz

shilz

Out of curiosity, where did the code come from?

10. It's on the game page description here: https://www.roblox.com/games/9049840490/UPDATE-Sonic-Speed-Simulator

Edit: Sega should seriously talk to them about their messaging in that description. The amount of emojis and the language really give the impression that this is some kind of knock-off. I'm sure it's not unusual for Roblox games, but when I first saw this I did not think it was officially licensed. Damn kids and their unprofessional corporate messaging.

11. SuperSnoopy

SuperSnoopy

I like Sonic Advance Member
    Lyon, France
    Slice of life visual novel, coming soon...?
    I mean if anything it's suited to the people that will likely read this update log

12. I just did some Zoomer market research by asking my 18 year old brother if it looked normal.

He replied, “Yes. 5 year olds play Roblox.”

It’s really a brave new world out there.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  13. jubbalub

jubbalub

#1 Sonic Superstars defender Member
    New update added a Hill Top Zone level that is pretty neat

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  14. shilz

shilz

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  15. Azookara

Azookara

yup Member
    With the added railroad tracks rollercoasting around, this seems suspiciously similar to Hill Top from Sonic GT.

Dunno if I should think it's a cool shoutout or a borderline plagiarizing of a fangame. Or if you can even say plagiarizing a fangame is possible, since it's a fan created non-profit project. Either way, cool to see Hill Top officially acknowledged, I guess?

16. _Sidle

_Sidle

It's easily one of the most sprawling maps in the game as of now, love it. Sky Rings here are lower in XP value, but there are a lot more of them bunched together in a line, fun to get them in one go.
    On the subject of fangames used as reference, Speed Simulator's HTZ tree trunks have carvings in them that are a dead ringer for the Sonic 2 HD redesign from 2015, which I thought was cute.

upload_2022-5-9_1-1-48.png
    [​IMG]

17. Laura

Laura

Brightened Eyes Member
    Even the map design looks similar to GT.

18. shilz

shilz

Tried checking Twitter and I guess what is the "offical" Sonic GT Twitter account as well as what I assume to be its dev have *acknowledged* the similarity but outside of saying "cool level" they haven't provided any harsh criticism or really seemed like they were against them doing it like they did.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  19. ashthedragon

ashthedragon

Sonic Paradise Researcher
    Spain
    Sonic Paradise & Sonic Ages
    Xbox One interface for roblox sucks. To click anything, you have to push the "share" button ( the one with the two squares, left one) and a cursor shows up. You can then click on enter obby.

Been playing this for a while and well, it does some thins really well ( specially considering its roblox) but others are absolutely abismal. For example, framerate on Xbox One is painful, it goes easily at 15 fps, it causes motion sickness due to the low framerate. Also, don't know if it happens in other languages, but the spanish translation is a joke. It only translates some texts, so you might find they changed the names of the characters to really crazy things who make no sense at all, but leave descriptions and useful info messages in english. For examples, Sonic is called "Sonico"... that has a pass, names had never been traslated and should not be, but at least "Sonico" is a somewhat Ok translation for it. But Tails Spanish translation name is "Personas", who literally means "people". And Knuckles is called "Cuchillos" who means.. Knives. Absolutely no sense. Also, Sailor Tails is "Carreras de salvador" who means "Salvador's Races". Salvador is a regular male name in Spanish. I find this particulary funny as one of my best friends is called Salvador so I joke with him being Sailor Tails.

Does this also happen in other languages, or is it only at Spanish?[​IMG]

Last edited: May 9, 2022
  20. shilz

shilz

For graphics:
    Assuming that the Start button on Xbox is the same as PC and mobile, click it and it should bring you to the Roblox menu. Navigate to the options and scroll to graphics quality. if it's on auto, turn it off, and set it to whatever runs best on Xbox. This is all assuming Xbox lets you do that, but I don't see why it wouldn't.

This game is very unoptimized and was made in like 3 months or something, so I'm not shocked there's no proper translation.