don't click here

Random Hack/Mini Project Thread

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Malevolence, Jul 4, 2009.

1. Hotfix for the above upload:
    • Fixed a crash during the WFZ boss.
    • Fixed vines in MCZ.
    • Implemented Sonic 3 Complete-style Super transformation (press two different buttons, Sonic-only).

Attached Files:

2. TheInvisibleSun

TheInvisibleSun

OVER THE TOP TECHNO-BLAST Member
    Buffalo, NY, USA
    The Water
    Generic GHZ Layout Hack.PNG

Made a quick Sonic 1 layout hack; I meant to release this roughly a week or so ago, but didn't have the time. Enjoy!(?)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 7, 2022
  3. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. That... that looks like a really fun special stage tbh

5. E-122-Psi

E-122-Psi

Today's announcement convinced me to finish off this little tune up of a really old project:
    [​IMG]

Attack controls the same as in Pink Edition, leap and then attack. A few other minor tune ups also added.

Attached Files:

6. Toothpick

Toothpick

That's awesome, Psi! Are there any plans to include this move in the other Amy hacks?

7. E-122-Psi

E-122-Psi

I'll likely get round to vanilla S2 Amy soon.

I'd like to do it for S3 Amy too, but I'm out of room for animation frames.

8. I saw this on Razor & Zenon's channel and I would also love to do an LP of it. You made a couple of good additions. Congrats!

9. E-122-Psi

E-122-Psi

Sure thing. Glad people think the update is worth it. :D

10. The KKM

The KKM

Welcome to the nExt level Member
    Portugal
    IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog comic books
    Looking good! Dropping a note since I had someone ask me after seeing the Razor and Zenon video- you might want to post this publicly somewhere else too, since here only registered forum members can download it. Maybe on the wiki?

11. E-122-Psi

E-122-Psi

Ah, got it. It's on the wiki now.

12. Dark Shamil Khan-123

Dark Shamil Khan-123

TASer lol Member
    "Sonic the Hedgehog: Unfinished Example" This is my first Sonic Hack that is obviously a short hack. Only GHZ act 1 and 2 have been edited with newer pallete, and some basic moves added to Sonic. As the name suggests, it's an unfinished example of a Sonic 1 ROM Hack.
    Following are the things that were added to this hack:
    • Spindash was added [the dust is missing]
    • Jumpdash code was added.
    • Removed Speedcap, Air Cap.
    • Few other minor bug fixes by me and Joshwoakes.
    • The boss is now harder and has 12 hits in usually of 8 hits.
    and few other minor bug fixes that are too much to list =P.
    Credits:
    • Jumpdash code by Selbi.
    • Spindash tutorial from Sonic Retro
    • Songs added from JX, Nineko's SMPS Pack, Gamma V's SMPS Pack, and others that I don't remember the names.
    • MegaPCM by vladikcomper
    • The DAC's by Joshwoakes
    • Joshwoakes for the help and suggestions.
    • MrVSC for the help and suggestions.
    • And Mini Tutorials and Free Assests from SSRG.
    Few Bugs We have found:
    • In Labyrinth Zone, Sonic does a full jump even when not holding the button long enough.
    • If Sonic gets stuck at a slope (particularly the curved top slopes), he can get stuck. Luckily you can get yourself out of that situation.
    • The "DSK PRESENTS" screen can get glitchy if you beat the level or the game and going towards the title screen again
    Please Enjoy and have a good day.
    Download https://www.mediafire.com/file/l5t6v1nnpcgkobo/Sonic+1+Unfinshed+Example.bin/file
    Edit: The above one is slightly different from the other release. This one has few chunks fixed... So yeah download from this link.

Last edited: May 29, 2022
  13. Devon

Devon

Down you're going... down you're going... Tech Member
    your mom
    It's official: I've gone insane once again. I put Bad Apple!! in Sonic CD, but instead of replacing an FMV, I put made it play in Palmtree Panic Act 1 present, just for the hell of it.

GitHub repository w/ build instructions

Yeah, it lags, but that's kinda expected with the heavy load of copying an entire tilemap into VRAM often. Foreground also disappears because that's where Bad Apple!! gets rendered to.

• Like Like x 8
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  14. XPointZPoint

XPointZPoint

That's no good! Member
    That is awesome. Props to you for that!

15. Devon

Devon

your mom
    Because I haven't had enough cock and ball torture... Bad Apple!! in Sonic 1, with the help of the 32X.

Source
    Download

Note: it uses the Sega mapper, which the hardware manual says IS usable with the 32X enabled. The ONLY emulators AFAIK that supports that configuration are PicoDrive and MiSTer's 32X core. The version provided on RetroArch has it. BizHawk's version appears to be extremely out of date and doesn't. I tested this with a modified version of Ares, and I did submit a PR with preliminary support for the mapper, so hopefully that'll go through. I would not be surprised if this failed on hardware; I am a 32X noob lul.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2023
  16. Angel X

Angel X

Italy
    You don't seem to like Bad Apple at all, do you?

17. Xiao Hayes

Xiao Hayes

Classic Eggman art Member
    I don't even know what that is.

18. Angel X

Angel X

Italy
    "Bad Apple!!" is the sixth track in the soundtrack of the 1998 bullet hell video game Lotus Land Story, the fourth entry in the Touhou Project series created by Team Shanghai Alice. The instrumental theme was originally designed to be played during the third stage of the game, as chiptune on the Japanese NEC PC-9800 computer platform, at 161 beats per minute using a frequency modulation synthesis chip.

It is notable for leading to a much later remix by Masayoshi Minoshima and singer Nomico and, following the remix, a subsequent accompanying black-and-white shadow puppet video commonly called Shadow-art. The video became a minor Japanese internet meme in the late 2000s, correlating with the peak of Touhou's popularity, and experienced a resurgence in the mid-2010s when the black-and-white video was ported to obsolete hardware as a graphical test.

Since then, the song's remix has been licensed to various other video game companies who picked up a Touhou licence, as it has been guest featured in many Rhythm games such as Groove Coaster, Muse Dash and even officially licensed spin-offs such as Touhou Spell Bubble as the game's tutorial track and free play song.

Guess where I got the quote.
    Wikipedia

19. Devon

Devon

your mom
    It's a fun challenge.

20. Angel X

Angel X

Italy
    I can only imagine the imprecation to accomplish all of this...
    For curiosity, will you make a version for knuckles chaotix, since it's for the 32X?