don't click here

Sonic Origins Collection - General Thread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by HEDGESMFG, May 27, 2021.

1. Flare

Flare

Looks good, very happy to see S3&K not wiped off the face of the planet

That said I am also glad this isn't JUST a port. Like S1 + 2 have been ported to consoles so many times I am happy that we are getting something more, whether that is collecting coins or missions.

2. FlackoWeasel

FlackoWeasel

Blue cheese lover! Member
    Oooh finally a Sonic 3 and Knux i can play on Switch!! Also noticed a level from trailer i have never seen before. I have played remastered version of S1, S2 and Sonic CD on mobile and I do not rememeber this kind of level.

EDIT: Ok it seems I prob didnt get all versions of the futures in the game. it seems to be Quartz Quadrant past.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 20, 2022
  3. Crappy Blue

Crappy Blue

Knuckles' Chaotix is a perfect game with no flaws Member
    That's just Quartz Quadrant's past in Sonic CD.

4. Starduster

Starduster

Can bench press at least two Sonic the Hedgehogs Member
    Britain
    Fighting my procrastination addiction
    I'm not questioning the rights to the characters, just that they've pretty much been dead and buried now, and would've been a long time ago if not for the Archie book keeping them alive.

Anyway, saw speculation about being able to choose Sonic's sprite between games and, looking at this, I think that's a safe bet. Don't know what else this icon would be for if not that.
    upload_2022-4-20_14-49-27.png

EDIT: Derp, seems to just signify the game has been cleared with Sonic. My bad, folks.

5. Adamis

Adamis

Gimme waffles! Oldbie
    Belgium
    Lammy and "Fafnir"
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 15
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  6. SuperSnoopy

SuperSnoopy

I like Sonic Advance Member
    Lyon, France
    Slice of life visual novel, coming soon...?
    That's just the past version of Quartz Quadrant right?
    edit:got triple sniped. plz delete

7. EDIT: Quartz Quandrant Past, false alarm on my end.

8. Blue Spikeball

Blue Spikeball

Is that some kind of platform in front of the Hidden Palace tapestry in the Sonic vs Knux FMV?
    [​IMG]
    I wonder if that's something they added to the level itself in anniversary mode and what's its purpose?

9. McAleeCh

McAleeCh

Oldbie
    Speaking of Sonic CD - it's interesting that the trailer just says "Play as Sonic, Tails & Knuckles" with no distinction, but the footage shown doesn't explicitly confirm or deny whether Knuckles has been added to Sonic CD. I'm going to keep expectations low and assume not so that I'm not disappointed, but given the effort that seems to have gone into some of this I'm holding out a glimmer of hope that he might have been.

Also, Knuckles with Tails following is just casually showcased in the trailer - does this mean it's possible without cheats in these versions?

10. astroblema

astroblema

my name means "star wound" Member
    Chile
    It's a secret!
    guys i know we're starved for new classic sonic content but no, there are no new zones in this thing

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  11. Yash

Yash

CHOCOLATE! Member
    Pretty sure that's Quartz Quadrant Past.

If they're adding Spinball, 3D Blast and Chaotix music as DLC would it be too much to ask to include them in the collection? ROM dumps would be fine, I especially want Chaotix to be preserved/available in some fashion. Ah well.

12. Ashura96

Ashura96

HEROIC VERSE Oldbie
    Just realized nothing was mentioned about 2 player modes for the remastered/anniversary versions.

13. astroblema

astroblema

my name means "star wound" Member
    Chile
    It's a secret!
  14. Zigetch

Zigetch

Enjoy this world~ Member
    Georgia
    New official art of Classic Amy is <3

As much as I loved Mania's artwork this one's hitting right for me even more, maybe because I sense more Saturn-era proportions for the characters. Or maybe it's the shading.

15. Flare

Flare

https://twitter.com/HCStealth/status/1516778351452585986
    "Hey! Remember how I repeatedly said "If Sega wants me to remake Sonic 3 (& Knuckles) I'll do it"? Well, needing this game to complete their planned #SonicOrigins collection of remakes, Sega asked me to take on this huge task, and I recruited some of my Headcannon buddies to help!"

https://twitter.com/CFWhitehead/status/1516780211857068037
    "Alright, looks like I can finally come clean and say that RSDK(v5U) is putting in work on Origins"

• Informative Informative x 16
    • Like Like x 8
    • List
  16. SuperSnoopy

SuperSnoopy

I like Sonic Advance Member
    Lyon, France
    Slice of life visual novel, coming soon...?
    Hell yeah. Guess Sega's not too incompetent after all.

17. McAleeCh

McAleeCh

Oldbie
    Got to admit, it does bother me slightly that the HUD position is different in Sonic 3 & Knuckles compared to the other games - the SCORE/TIME/RINGS and lives (or coins, whatever) counter are closer to the top/bottom of the screen than in the other games. Thankfully only the sort of thing you'd notice when footage from all three is cut together in a trailer like this - I'd assume consistency has suffered slightly as a consequence of this one being made nearly a decade later than the Sonic 1/2 remasters, and over a decade later than Sonic CD!

18. Ashura96

Ashura96

HEROIC VERSE Oldbie
    Ah the big reveal is finally set free

19. Yash

Yash

CHOCOLATE! Member
    Welp!

Wonder if they tried doing it in-house at first but weren't seeing satisfactory results, because announcing this from day 1 would have gotten people a lot more excited, lol.

20. RetroJordan91

RetroJordan91

The REAL Blue Sphere Guy Member
    I’m so happy for Stealth and his team.. we can rest easy knowing that Sonic 3 was put into good hands.. here’s hoping he was able to implement all (or some) of the stuff he originally wanted from that proof of concept with Taxman