don't click here

Sonic Origins Collection - General Thread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by HEDGESMFG, May 27, 2021.

1. Snub-n0zeMunkey

Snub-n0zeMunkey

yo what up Member
    kinda interesting that they said Robotnik instead of Eggman. Looks like they're officially bringing that name back lol

2. The Joebro64

The Joebro64

SAY HELLO TO MY CHOCOLATE BLEND Member
    leaked Sonic Origins screenshot
    [​IMG]

3. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    One pleasant side effect of the movies - the name Robotnik has come more into the picture again. My headcanon has always been Classic Eggman = Robotnik and modern Eggman = Eggman

4. Ashura96

Ashura96

HEROIC VERSE Oldbie
    https://origins.sonicthehedgehog.com/

Site is LIVE! Release scheduled for June 23

The trailer link is currently a private YouTube video
    EDIT: TRAILER IS LIVE!!!!!

That PSN store description is accurate. Original games (probably emulated) in 4:3 with lives.

Anniversary mode in 16:9 with lives replaced with "coins" for missions/unlockables

Last edited: Apr 20, 2022
  5. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    MIRROR MODE FINALLY WHY HAS THAT NOT BEEN A THING?

Yea this is like Sonic Jam Plus I'm on board

6. LucasMadword

LucasMadword

LucasSaturn Member
    Okay, so I guess I am wrong about it not being Retro Engine based... that Sonic 2 special stage looks identical haha

Not 100% sold on the nickle and diming of the DLC packs though.... Hopefully it's not too agregious.

7. RetroJordan91

RetroJordan91

The REAL Blue Sphere Guy Member
    I walked into that one :V that game can go back into the grave with Sonic Jam for game.com

Super stoked for the collection nonetheless.. I’m surprised that the site went live almost immediately.. no complaints however

8. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!

Omg those animations are so charming Tyson Hesse you've done it again

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  9. Ashura96

Ashura96

HEROIC VERSE Oldbie

Holy shit this is amazing.

Hahaha love how the trailer does not confirm if you can play as Knuckles in CD or what music to expect in 3.

10. MastaSys

MastaSys

I actually think it's horrible, if Sega going to focus on a name it should be all the way or alternatively both names in both Classic/Modern settings (the movie was a well implemented case of the former). Don't care which name at this point.

It's the same character, and some people on the casual side of things can't wrap their head around it. (I blame Archie mostly). This will only add to the confusion. As if Sonic's world isn't inconsistent enough.

It's on the level saying that Mr. Hedgehog on the Mega Drive isn't the same as Sonic in the Dreamcast. Might be an exageration, but it's the feeling it gives to me.

(I wouldn't be surprised something of the sort will be mentioned in a Tails Tube)

Still, I suspected the movies success would lessen Sega Japan's grip on the Robotnik name. And looks like it will be the case.

11. FollOw

FollOw

The sun sets forever over Black Water Park Oldbie

They have sold me. Im gonna grab this.

Classic and anniversary mode
    Bonus hard missions
    Additional music tracks
    Letterbox backgrounds
    Character animations
    Island camera.....whats that?

12. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    ^ It looks like the island feature is you'll be able to manipulate the camera on the menu to get a look at what I'm assuming are 3d dioramas of the locales of the original games. The website shows a picture of a model of Angel Island on Sonic 3's menu (which also includes Blue Spheres! So that mode returns)
    It seems heavily implied Knuckles is in CD. I'm willing to guess they redid CD in a newer version of the retro engine. That CD footage def shows updates of some sort at the very least.

Also another thing I noticed. The character select for Sonic 1 used Sonic 2 sprites for Sonic. Is it possible you can choose your sprite style?

13. Blue Spikeball

Blue Spikeball

The awesome new FMVs alone should make this a worthy purchase.

Btw, I'm guessing the coins will be used to purchase unlockables, and will only be obtainable in remastered mode (replacing lives), with classic being vanilla emulated versions?

14. RetroJordan91

RetroJordan91

The REAL Blue Sphere Guy Member
    Choosing a sprite style is another interesting feature that hopefully makes it in.. it would be super cool to play Sonic 3 with the Sonic 2 sprite (as it was in the prototype)

15. SuperSnoopy

SuperSnoopy

I like Sonic Advance Member
    Lyon, France
    Slice of life visual novel, coming soon...?
    One thing I would've loved to see is a remastered ost for all games...and apparently we're getting that?
    I would've preferred it not being dlc, but modern gaming gotta be modern gaming I guess. Gotta love that Ubisoft Checklist on the official website, even 30 year old games aren't safe from them lmao

16. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Prob "remastered" in the sense of the remaster from the original ports. Cleaner samples and no interference from sound channels canceling each other out, but they sound basically the same.

That being said... I wonder what they did with those 3 levels from Sonic 3...

17. Looks great. Shame about it all being digital and a mishmash of various DLC flavours / pre-orders. Could be mistaken for being a Gearbox / Borderlands game given the crazy table of perks on the page.

Still, I forget that Mania was digital only at first. One can only hope that this sells well to get a physical release down the line in some flavour.

18. Ashura96

Ashura96

HEROIC VERSE Oldbie
    Was just thinking of this now that the trailer orders CD between 1 and 2.

19. MastaSys

MastaSys

I just hope the in-game currency mentioned in the website isn't linked to some real money bullshit.

These days we can never be sure and those coin icons make me nervous.

20. Laura

Laura

Brightened Eyes Member
    If Stealth isn't working on it they must have gotten someone to work on the Mobile ports. Would be good to know who it is.

It looks great.