don't click here

Sonic Origins Collection - General Thread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by HEDGESMFG, May 27, 2021.

1. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Art for the game spotted via PSN:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 13
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • List
  2. astroblema

astroblema

my name means "star wound" Member
    Chile
    It's a secret!
    Didn't we see this art before? I remember a picture going around of Sonic's 30th anniversary after the first movie with this exact same art minus the logo

Edit: yeah this is where it's from

[​IMG]

• Informative Informative x 6
    • List
  3. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

I like it, but as with the Mania Plus boxart some of the characters just look a little bit off. Tails is dead-eyed, Knuckles' head is enormous and some of the skin-colour muzzles look jaundiced. Sonic's spikes are also a bit long but I actually like that.

All that is nitpicking though because there's still basically nothing to talk about. Can't believe that it's almost been a full year since this was announced. It's been radio silence since then. At least an announcement is probably imminent at this stage?

Last edited: Apr 18, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. SuperSnoopy

SuperSnoopy

I like Sonic Advance Member
    Lyon, France
    Slice of life visual novel, coming soon...?
    This is some sick art!
    The PSN leaking art and the korean rating boards leaking the rating always make for a great combo no matter the game lol

5. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Best collection cover since Sonic Jam imo

6. qwertysonic

qwertysonic

creating the biggest sonic collection
    Finally! I didn't expect it to take 7 months for this thread to re-open.

7. jubbalub

jubbalub

#1 Sonic Superstars defender Member
    This art was most likely made for Origins and then reused for the partnership image. I can't see any other reason why they'd create new art for Amy and Metal.

On that note, this probably means an announcement is imminent.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  8. Yash

Yash

CHOCOLATE! Member
    I'd say it's better than Jam's, personally. Maybe that's just newness bias working in its favor though.

9. The Joebro64

The Joebro64

SAY HELLO TO MY CHOCOLATE BLEND Member
    Glad to see it’s coming sooner rather than later. I’m excited. It’s going to be really nice to have these games in widescreen officially on modern platforms.

10. Snowbound

Snowbound

Hmm. 7AF4533E-B86D-4039-8F86-3B343883FD19.jpeg Kyle and Ian later clarified that THEY wouldn’t be announcing Sonic news... but that doesn’t mean that Sega won’t drop Sonic news this week... tho I admit this is a STRETCH 02708330-9959-466C-ACBA-D0A15E7F97D0.jpeg

• Informative Informative x 3
    • List
  11. Linkabel

Linkabel

I think Metal is just the one from the Sonic CD cover, just flipped.

[​IMG]

Eggman seems to be a new version from the Sonic The Screensaver cover. (That has also been used in recent merch)

12. Pengi

Pengi

This tweet says that image is from the April 2022 edition of License Global magazine:

https://twitter.com/TailsChannel/status/1516086793476751365

Are you sure you saw this around the 30th anniversary?

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  13. RetroJordan91

RetroJordan91

The REAL Blue Sphere Guy Member
    Good to have this topic back :V (10 months of nothing is just absurd)

The ball is in SEGA’s court now to finally give us some kind of update for this.. that art looks bloody fantastic and there’s no way that the PSN leak and the Korean rating being discovered at the same time is pure coincidence

14. I'm excited and amped. Even if they botch the Sonic 3 and Knuckles port, we still live in a world with Sonic 3 Complete. Hope we get something soon

15. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    I've neatly summarized what we know on our front page, which exists.

These things don't always immediately precede announcements/release dates, but with the movie doing so well in theaters now seems the right time to strike with news. Either way, I'm going to stare at that art and enjoy how nice it makes me feel.

• Informative Informative x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  16. Antheraea

Antheraea

Bug Hunter Member
    Lighting candles and drawing a pentagram on my floor for a true Sonic 3 & K remake...and maybe a Sonic CD remake that doesn't require me to set it to 60 FPS in Nvidia Control Center so it doesn't run at 500% speed :eng99:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  17. McAleeCh

McAleeCh

Oldbie
    Lighting candles and drawing pentagram for a physical release, haha. Sonic Mania managed it well enough even though it came a while after the digital release, so hopefully this time SEGA will have seen that classic-styled gameplay will sell if they put it on store shelves.

18. Starduster

Starduster

Can bench press at least two Sonic the Hedgehogs Member
    Britain
    Fighting my procrastination addiction
    So, Amy and Metal Sonic in the key art. Now, that could very easily just be for CD representation, but maybe one of the new features we'll be getting will be playable Amy and Metal Sonic with their own abilities? While I think this is more likely to not happen, I don't think it's way out of the realm of possibility. Something that's more pie-in-the-sky would be taking levels from the 8 bit games and remaking them to the standard of the Mega Drive titles. Sonic 1 extended cut with Bridge Zone, Jungle Zone and Sky Base Zone thrown in with an interactive South Island map level select, anyone? Also, having come off the back of binging Kirby and the Forgotten Land, I think aping that game's Treasure Road content would be a good idea (though this debuted as ability challenges back in Kirby's Adventure Wii anyway, but I digress) - bite-sized challenges, no longer than a minute each, that take a chunk of the game and really drill down into it to wring every last interaction they can get out of it within the limitations of each game. Insta-shield challenges, gliding challenges, spinning top challenges - I think the Mega Drive games as a collective really have enough gimmicks to give such a mode legs.

Anyway, last thing I'll ask for is the realisation of the Final Fever boss that was scrapped from the 2011 game, and maybe even R2. Of course such things ought to be optional for the sake of being able to experience the games in their purest forms, content-wise, but that we know they're adding extras to these makes me really eager to pick up Origins and see what it's about on release.

19. Snub-n0zeMunkey

Snub-n0zeMunkey

yo what up Member
    I love how Sonic looks in this. Might be a controversial opinion but I think long-quills look nice on the classic design. Gives me Saturn era vibes.

Bit of a nitpick but I'm not sure how I feel about that green haze gradient at the bottom. Kinda ruins an otherwise really nice illustration.

20. Pengi

Pengi

Significantly lower your expectations. We'll likely get the Drop Dash in Sonic 3 and maybe some easy modes (like Ring Keep Mode from the Sega Ages versions).

Outside of the games themselves, maybe a little museum with a guide to the characters/Badniks/bosses.