don't click here

THE KEN PENDERS CHRONICLES: a man you Ken DePenders on

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by The KKM, Jul 7, 2010.

1. Xiao Hayes

Xiao Hayes

Classic Eggman art Member
    Out of curiosity, why that year in particular?

2. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Not trying to start a thing with this but I believe they were referring to Trump getting elected in 2016. A lot of us assumed his "fans" weren't serious, but turns out they were...

3. The Joebro64

The Joebro64

SAY HELLO TO MY CHOCOLATE BLEND Member
    In terms of his Mary-Sue Chronicles thing, I just ask that Ken either gets off the toilet, or starts shitting. One or the other.

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  4. foXcollr

foXcollr

Resident Dolphin Member
    US
    Welp, I have to say, as much as I hate the man... this is pretty damning.

Outside of this comic book panel, there have been absolutely 0 recorded instances of Sonic and Tails being on the biplane together. If would be one thing if it was just Sonic on the biplane, but both of them? That's just uncanny. Sonic is even blue and wearing gloves, a carbon copy of his appearance in the comic. Also note that both screenshots are rectangular in nature.

• Like Like x 8
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  5. Starduster

Starduster

Can bench press at least two Sonic the Hedgehogs Member
    Britain
    Fighting my procrastination addiction
    Correct. Likewise, not about to pass comment on anything in particular but the belief at the time was that Trump was a joke pick being hyped up by memelords (I certainly knew a few people irl who thought they were "in" on the joke) who had no real legs as a candidate, but of course we know that wasn't the case, my point being that I think it's simply short-sighted to write off people siding with Ken as being "ironic", simply because we may be unable to comprehend why they may do so.

6. Aesculapius Piranha

Aesculapius Piranha

つづく Oldbie
    Unknown
    Diva
    I honestly think all he cares about at this point is IP trolling and retweeting politics.
    :objection: I was going to mention possibly predating the color biplane Mandela effect/hoax but apparently someone else did the colors :eng99:

Last edited: Apr 14, 2022
  7. Yash

Yash

CHOCOLATE! Member
    1996:

[​IMG]

Ken: "Can't believe Sega stole my amazing idea"

OVA animators: "There's a Sonic comic book? Those crazy Americans"

8. Chris Highwind

Chris Highwind

Statesville, NC
    Slacking
    I'd like to say "At least it's just a Penders fan thinking this and not Penders himself", but he did Quote RT that tweet praising the comparison, so it's possible he thinks the same way himself.

9. Xiao Hayes

Xiao Hayes

Oh, I thought it was something strictly Penders related, or something from some other fandom, like the usual references to those of Nintendo games, but I suppose it's all about Twitter, one way or another.

10. Snowbound

Snowbound

“I suppose it's all about Twitter, one way or another“ Good god it is depressing how true that statement is.

11. Xiao Hayes

Xiao Hayes

And it's not the first time I say it today, and had even to explain it then.

12. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    And now Elon Musk wants to buy Twitter. It's about to be the wild west of nonsense if that happens.

Anyway nope that's it done. Back to MyKnuckles.... hope his wife and kids are free from that burden

13. Ch1pper

Ch1pper

Fighting the Battle of Who Could Care Less Member
    Life.
    Hello, I'm KEN PENDERS, inventor of MY KNUCKLES.
    Thanks to your support, you've helped make THE LARA-SU CHRONICLES become one of the slowest-selling graphic novels in America. Over the last twelve years, you've helped TLSC create tens of jobs all around the world. Every issue is made with passion, here in my home state of [redacted], to ensure you get the most mature storytelling of your life.

I've never written/penciled/inked/lettered/colored anything better in my life. What's better than a great graphic novel?

Art is one of the most important things to your health and THE LARA-SU CHRONICLES is one of the most important things in your library.

I tried those other "comics" and the storytelling did not match my needs, and it probably won't match yours. That's why I invented MY KNUCKLES. My patented subtleties adjust to my exact individual needs and help keep my ego supported and aligned.

I personally guarantee THE LARA-SU CHRONICLES will be the most liberating read you'll ever own or your money back*.

*No refunds.

(I'm so sorry.)

Edit: context

Last edited: Apr 15, 2022
    • Like Like x 7
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  14. Xiao Hayes

Xiao Hayes

"My Knuckles" (Ken Penders show his menacing fists).

Actually, Ken Penders also owns Streets Of Rage because Knuckles is just "Knuckle" in the japanese manuals and those games are named "Bare Knuckle" in that country. Am I right under Ken's logic? Sorry, he also owns Street Fighter and Barbie because they feature characters named Ken born in the USA, so they must be inspired in him and only he can own himself and...

Uff, it's tiring to think like Penders, everything gets so far I can't where things end.

(I should too, but I had a bit of vitriol to throw out and this was an easy and safe way to do so.)

15. foXcollr

foXcollr

Resident Dolphin Member
    US
    I'm sure everyone is just as lost as me, but I still find it absolutely mind-blowing that someone could claim to own the character Knuckles the Echidna, simply based on the fact that they introduced Great Grandma Knuckles, Chief Knuckles, Knuckles with Hair, and 45 3rd cousins. I could draw up an extended family tree for Mickey Mouse right now, but how on earth could I make any claim that I own or invented Mickey Mouse?

I'm sure he is being intentionally dense somewhere in there. Or perhaps he doesn't even take himself seriously, because he keeps claiming to have ownership over things but he will rarely put his money where his mouth is.

16. Glaber

Glaber

Has Beaten Sonic Genesis for GBA Oldbie
    Don't the comics he wrote stories for have fine print saying the copyright is Sega's?

17. BlackHole

BlackHole

You're going to need MORE than help. Member
    England
    Complaining
    Archie couldn't produce any legal documents signed by Penders saying anything he created was SEGAs, so he copyrighted the stuff he made for the comic, made being incredibly generous here instead of "putting a wig on Knuckles".

Funny thing is, he wasn't the first one to make an echidna other than Knuckles appear: that was Mike Gallahar with Athiar in the Tails miniseries back in November 1995.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  18. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Likewise in November 1995, Dr Zachary showed up in Fleetway for the first time.

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  19. BlackHole

BlackHole

You're going to need MORE than help. Member
    England
    Complaining
    To be fair, Fleetway pretty much did everything the series would later do first, so that's just kind of a given...

20. kitsunebi

kitsunebi

Japan
    It would be interesting to hear how aware of the Fleetway comics the Archie writers were. I'm personally of the opinion that the Fleetway series was of a fairly consistent quality throughout most of its run, better than the worst of Archie, but not as good as its best, with the artwork definitely being its strongest asset. Whereas Archie started off quite poor in both art and story and improved over time (granted not on a curve without its ups and downs) and ultimately surpassed the quality of the Fleetway run. But I'm totally comfortable with people thinking differently.

I will say, however, as someone who grew up in the USA and practically lived at a comic shop throughout the 90s and 00s - outside of a scant few, imported comics published in the UK were simply not available to us (I don't think distribution channels were in place). I never saw a Fleetway Sonic in my life until scans appeared on the Internet. So unless Sega was providing Archie with complimentary copies of the Fleetway comics for some reason, it wouldn't surprise me if any similarities were conceived independently.