don't click here

THE KEN PENDERS CHRONICLES: a man you Ken DePenders on

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by The KKM, Jul 7, 2010.

1. kitsunebi

kitsunebi

Japan
    I just hope Penders thanks his lucky stars every day that he was hired under whatever kind of crazy non-standard contracts Archie used that allow him to even entertain thoughts like this, since without his constant legal threats, he'd have been forgotten by the public decades ago. Imagine his poor luck if he'd worked for Marvel or DC instead, where they can just take your creations and give you %$^@ all nothing in return, because that's what work-for-hire contracts are.

2. Ayu Tsukimiya

Ayu Tsukimiya

UGUU~ Member
    We all know he's just saying shit for attention, but god damn it'd be cathartic to see him actually try and get blown into oblivion by Viacom.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. Shaddy the guy

Shaddy the guy

Professional Internet asshole Member
    OR
    I know it's fun to say that, but I don't particularly want anything bad to happen to his family, which getting sued into the ground by a gigantic multinational multimedia conglomerate would probably result in.

4. Snowbound

Snowbound

Not at all surprised that Ken’s doing this shit. Penders wrongly believes that he created everything narratively compelling about Knuckles. From his perspective it shouldn’t be possible for Knuckles to have his own tv show or feature in a movie without his ideas being used. He’s so desperate to believe this that he is stirring the pot before he’s even seen the movie. How is this advantageous to his legal strategy? He just gave Paramount a head start to counter his claims. Tbc I don’t think Paramount has their lawyers at work rn... but folks who worked on the film are active on Sonic Retro; surely they are aware of what Penders is saying and are preparing (or already have) evidence to counter his malarkey if need be.

5. The Claw

The Claw

I don't even. He can have his own characters, but good luck finding a publisher after these stunts.

6. Candescence

Candescence

Sydney, Australia
    3D Indie Stuff
    Wasn't the Archie lawsuit a settlement rather than a full judgement because Archie decided they were in too big financial trouble to continue the lawsuit at the time? Paramount would have the cash and lawyers capable of determining who actually owns the characters Penders claims to own.

He got blacklisted, he can't. Nobody wants anything to do with him, he burned all possible bridges with the Archie lawsuit.

7. Snowbound

Snowbound

Last edited: Apr 10, 2022
  8. Shaddy the guy

Shaddy the guy

Professional Internet asshole Member
    OR
    I didn't know it was possible for him to go further off the rails. Is anyone else getting a little bit of the ol "about to rob a gas station" vibes from Ken here?

9. Starduster

Starduster

Can bench press at least two Sonic the Hedgehogs Member
    Britain
    Fighting my procrastination addiction
    Delusion and senility is a killer combination, it would seem. Honestly I can’t even be mad at this latest stunt I’m just gonna sit back and watch the fireworks because the lack of self-awareness this man is now displaying is nothing short of astounding.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  10. shilz

shilz

getting my daily allowance of vitamin kk
    LMAO he's failing to even be quiet for the sake of not endangering a potential legal case. Any lawyer would tell you not to even respond to a question like "Do you own Knuckles the Echidna?"

I don't want this dude to run himself into debts and not even have the small "victories" he used to tout, mainly for the sake of his family. Come the fuck on.

11. Sploit

Sploit

12. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    I'd love to know just how many pages of the Mary-Su Chronicles he's actually finished at this point. We know maybe 10 exist, at most? That might be the entirety of it. The translators might have seen more scripted, doesn't mean pages exist.

13. Xiao Hayes

Xiao Hayes

Classic Eggman art Member
    I think he just plays his role for the audiences, and that he has done that so much he's become that persona of himself to the point of having not control in when to stop. Words from a guy like this are meaningless for Paramount to bother, and I don't really think he'll be suing them, he'll Lara-Sue them at most (Sue to Paramount coming soon for a decade, you know).

14. Mecha Sally

Mecha Sally

Oldbie
    Oh my fucking God. This dude can't be serious jesus fuck.

15. Adamis

Adamis

Gimme waffles! Oldbie
    Belgium
    Lammy and "Fafnir"
    You're wrong. I've seen actual pages, some are still unreleased.

Last time I checked, he had 12-16 pages for "The storm" and maybe 6 for the other main story. Then there are scripts.

I've quit last August, so there might be more, even if I doubt it. He's a snail.

• Informative Informative x 7
    • List
  16. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Glad you got out. Can't imagine the pay was great either considering how long it takes him to get anything out to anyone

17. Tets

Tets

one rude dude Oldbie
    Well fucking said. Ken Penders is truly the Billy Mitchell of the comics industry. The man once had a claim to fame, albeit a tenuous one at best, now his name is dirt and he's reduced to Twitter clout chasing and absurdly frivolous litigation. It's a little sad to see a person at that age who knows damn well he'll never make it doing anything else in life, but I can't bring myself to feel bad for him.

18. Snowbound

Snowbound

Any sympathy I may have had for him was extinguished by his racist use of pictures of minors, his hypocritical use of Spaz/Flynn’s Scourge design, his NFT crap, and comments he’s made over the last year or so talking shit about Ben Hurst who isn’t here to defend himself.

At this point we know who Ken is. I hope he isn’t financially responsible for any children or older relatives. If he goes after Paramount he will be decimated; and I will not feel an ounce of empathy for him... but as yall point out this is prob just an act to get support and attention from his small fanbase.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  19. BlackHole

BlackHole

You're going to need MORE than help. Member
    England
    Complaining
    Another unfriendly reminder about the backstabbing he did to Ben Hurst regarding the Sonic the Hedgehog (SatAM) finale/movie.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • List