- Member: Members
- Active Posts:
- 1167 (0.94 per day)
- Most Active In:
- Engineering & Reverse Engineering (691 posts)
- 29-December 09
- Profile Views:
- Last Active:
- Yesterday, 10:06 PM
- 26 years old
- October 5, 1986
- National Flag:
- Wiki edits:
Topics I've Started
18 April 2013 - 08:55 AMI thought this might be appropriate so as to avoid derailing the two ports' threads concerning the discussion of the unused content (which is admittedly a stretch in relation to what they may have, and in the case of CD, was outright debunked).
A lot of people want to see remakes of the unfinished levels in the series like Hidden Palace and Wood Zone, etc, but said the finished remains of them in most games are either completely bare bones or outright non existent in terms of structure and design. Even Hidden Palace isn't even half finished. Several hacks have attempted to make their own ideal finished designs, but many of them are either very limited due to the remains of properties they have or have to use completely new ones to give it a satisfying play through.
So, the question is, how do you think the real deals would have turned out finished?
12 May 2012 - 04:47 PMHere it is, the final in the "Amy Rose Trilogy":
* Freezes on some emulators, supposedly due to some coding to edit Hyper Amy's moves into Sonic_Stand.
* Hyper Amy can use her flash attack using the on ground hammer, but this only works when activating her via the emeralds due to a flag.
* Occasional collision problems, due to Amy having a larger hit radius with her hammer attacks.
* Hammering in Competition Mode before the race starts causes the countdown to reset for some reason.
* The hammer doesn't work on all springs, using it on the gumball bonus stage just leads you to your death.
* The hammer attacks don't always bounce off objects. This can be particularly frustrating with some bosses like Giant Egg Robo.
* The final ending stinger still has a 'pink Sonic' animation, I have yet to find the files for it.
* While I have tried to keep the other two characters' gameplay intact, there may be some issues from the edits made for Amy.
* Some flags for minor fixes were programmed for Amy alone. While Sonic and Tails mode is largely intact, there are some minor elements that aren't refined.
* I turned off anti gravity for Amy in Debug Mode (since it would render her without an attack button). I've been getting claims it still works so it might be an emulator issue there (this was all tested on normal Gens).
If there are any more issues please notify.
Special thanx to those who helped with coding, especially Tiddles, and any who helped with the previous titles, whose coding has likely been translated onto this project. Also BIG thanx to ChelseaCatGirl who helped a lot making the extensive sprite sheet and Gsuki for the Clear pic.
14 April 2012 - 05:59 AMI've decided to make this topic as I thought it would be more efficient than littering others with random character ideas. I also thought it would make a good concept discussion thread for anyone planning on inserting new characters into projects or just anyone who wants to talk about characters or potential ones they enjoy.
From the list so far we have (but are likely not limited to):
I also made this partly out of the request of ChelseaCatGirl, who wants to work on some sprite sheets for new characters and wants help suggesting moves and animations to make for them. Her current project is Julie Su. Any buffs of the character got an ideal moveset?
13 February 2011 - 07:53 PMOkay as asked, here is Mighty In Sonic 1:
* Spin Dash: Hold down and jump when standing still to rev up, let go of down to thrust forward.
* Wall Jump: Hold forward and jump next to wall to cling onto it, let go of either to spring off.
* Wall Smash: Mighty can automatically destroy walls by walking into them.
Due to his simplicity in both sprites and moves, the majority of his stuff was made quicker than usual so this is more or less finished. There are perhaps a few rough edges I might refine however.
This version is modified from the Knuckles Chaotix sprites. Here is a link to the alternate revision using Aquaslash and Cinossu's Sonic 1-refined sprite sheet:
31 January 2011 - 05:53 PMAnother Chaotix character hack, here is Charmy Bee in Sonic the Hedgehog:
* Air Dash: Press A,B or C while holding the D-pad to dash forward in any direction.
* Add title screen and continue animations.
* Possibly edit character hit radius.
* Ending demos fixed, normal ones are crappy.