don't click here

Sonic 3C 0517 discussion

Discussion in 'Prototype Discussion' started by drx, Feb 23, 2008.

1. drx

drx

mfw Researcher
    :rolleyes:

2. Vinsent

Vinsent

To start off:Mushroom hill zone act 1: You fall in from the sky just like in the previous beta.
    [​IMG]
    Once you run around the pole it is obvious that tails is missing his tails.
    [​IMG]
    Tails seems to have quite a few collision problems in lava reef!
    [​IMG]
    Doomsday zone act 2: There is no doomsday music Deathegg act 2's music continues playing.
    Sky sanctuary zone act 2:The teleporter that usually teleports knuckles in is not present and there seems to be a few missing rings.
    [​IMG]

3. NickW

NickW

The Lava Reef boss area plays the Act 2 music until you reach Robotnik.
    When you beat Robotnik, the lava is still there.

When you break the capsule, the platform on the screen floats towards the other platforms. You have to jump from platform to platform to get to Hidden Palace unlike in the final. Pretty much it is the same as the earlier one except the transition to Hidden Palace does work.

4. Hyper Sonic's stars around his body are way completely different than in the final. Also, it appears that Super Sonic, not Hyper Sonic appears in the Doomsday Zone. Also in the Doomsday Zone, when you hit chase Eggman and you hit him, you don't get knocked back like in the final.

5. mc1228

mc1228

Debug mode works in this build (Hold down A when selecting level) but it causes the ring counter to screw up

6. debug code: FFFFFA:0100 IIRC

7. Dracula

Dracula

Oldbie
    I'm watching you!
    Converting NES Mappers to MMC5
    Or go to Sound Test and enter:

1, 3, 5 & 7.

I think the ring counter in Debugmode is is the player sprite frame.

8. Yuski

Yuski

Dragons, dragons everywhere! Oldbie
    With Debug activated, the Rings counter show you the sprite/frame number of your character.

9. Metal Man88

Metal Man88

Time Traveller Oldbie
    Heard from a friend; the final credits music mix is different, using different zones.

10. Travelsonic

Travelsonic

You can select Knuckles from the character select in 1P mode, as in the other Sonic 3 proto.

As mentioned before, the S&K credits music is longer/different order/cuts of level music used. The victory music usually played after beating the Launch Base boss before going to the credits in Sonic 3 is more developed, but you only hear that by listening to the credits music, the shorter one from beating the LBZ boss is there.

11. LazloPsylus

LazloPsylus

Buried under SSRG Somewhere Tech Member
    Academy City
    SSRG, world domination, a billion and one research projects...
    Try going to Special Stage 2 with Debug on and Sound Test on 07.

Also, if you enter Sky Sanctuary 2 with Sonic and Tails, Mecha Sonic has a glitch where there's an invisible wall in between the fighting area. When you defeat Mecha Sonic with Sonic and Tails, the game acts like you completed Sky Sanctuary 1, then doesn't continue to the next level.

Also, when you enter Hidden Palace through a Special Stage Ring, Death Egg music will play, and if you try to leave using the teleporter, it will loop and bring you back to Hidden Palace.

Just some things I noticed.

EDIT: And also Super Knuckles is implemented.

12. Quexinos

Quexinos

Since 1997 Oldbie
    The Doomsday Zone gives you a lot more rings in the beginning because they don't give you any when you're chasing after Eggman.

13. Dahamugo

Dahamugo

Savior Shadow Member
    Also, doomsday zone user a different pallete for the background than the final version.

Here's the proto:
    [​IMG]

And here's the final version:
    [​IMG]

14. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    Don't know how or why, but while playing as Sonic alone in Carnival Night Zone, after beating the midboss, I heard the noise a character makes when they die and Tails came back... and stuck around for all of Act 2. Once I hit Ice Cap, he was gone.

Also, the midboss of Death Egg Zone can knock you out of Super Sonic in his second form and the Super Emeralds didn't trigger for me when I got to Mushroom Hill with all seven Chaos Emeralds in tow. The Super Emeralds were present at the emerald altar in Hidden Palace. Another thing I caught is that one of the giant ring's in Mushroom Hill Zone isn't put in yet, instead filled with a diamond pattern of rings. Lastly, the giant hand midboss of Lava Reef had a few messed up textures.

That's all I caught that hasn't been mentioned.

15. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    That palette for Doomsday is the same as DEZ2

16. For those whom like to cheat at this...

FFFFE2:0001 Enable Debug Mode
    FFFFB0:0007 Have 7 Chaos Emeralds
    FFFE12:0063 Infinite Lives
    FFFE24:0000 Infinite Time
    FFB02B:0003 Invincibility (Cannot Be Hurt)
    FFFE21:0032 Always Have 50 Rings

The old S3&K code I hacked for having all 14 Chaos Emeralds doesn't seem to work. I'll see if a new one can be made later. :thumbsup:

17. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    Oh, wanted to add in one more thing.

On the Glowing Spheres stage, aside from having a different layout and the items falling downward, there's a chance you'll get a green ball with an F on it. I managed to grab one, but it only makes the bumper sound the black ones make. Also, the slots stage has a completely different layout and the background freezes when you spin the reels. And lastly, while all three bonus stages are implemented, you can access one randomly once you hit 50 rings. Entering the Glowing Spheres level makes you lose all your rings.

18. Uberham

Uberham

King Of Oblivion Member
    The suoer ring before the transition to the boss (before the pully, guarded by that chicken thing I forget the name of) in MHZ2 does not seem to exist.

also the exit from the highest super ring in MHZ2 is different.

There is less of a transition from the first super ring to the "S&K start" without the lock-on

The MHZ2 boss does not have fire effects when killed, and you must hit him 6 times AFTER he has zoomed off.

19. 16BT

16BT

Drop out boy. Oldbie
    None that regard this place.
    All Emeralds: 2, 4, 6, 8. Works on both Sonic 3 prototypes.

20. GoldS

GoldS

Oldbie
    USA
    Confirmed: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=912y1kzwPuA
    Here's the whole thing. In-game, the credits end before the song finishes. I'm guessing they did a new medley when the plans for a Sonic 3 + Sonic & Knuckles cart were scrapped. None of the songs from zones in Sonic 3 are included in the final.