Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Easy rom hack management - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
Loading News Feed...

Page 1 of 1

Easy rom hack management

#1 User is offline flarn2006 

Posted 18 January 2007 - 06:33 PM

• Project:SA2 Cheat Table
  • Wiki edits:19
Does anybody know of any way to easily manage all my Sega Genesis/Megadrive ROMs (including hacks)? I would like a way to do so without opening like 5-10 windows at once and would also like to be able to use untitled ROM hacks. You know, ones that haven't been saved yet? I would just LOVE a list of all my roms/hacks/savestates, and links to play them or create a new hack.
Also does anyone know of a nearly bug-free Sonic editor that doesn't use Java or anything like that and has a button to load the ROM in an emulator, or jump to the currently-being-edited level? Please help me!

#2 User is offline Rika Chou 

Posted 18 January 2007 - 06:46 PM

• Adopt
  • Wiki edits:4

View Postflarn2006, on Jan 18 2007, 03:33 PM, said:

Does anybody know of any way to easily manage all my Sega Genesis/Megadrive ROMs (including hacks)? I would like a way to do so without opening like 5-10 windows at once and would also like to be able to use untitled ROM hacks. You know, ones that haven't been saved yet? I would just LOVE a list of all my roms/hacks/savestates, and links to play them or create a new hack.

What?

Also does anyone know of a nearly bug-free Sonic editor that doesn't use Java or anything like that and has a button to load the ROM in an emulator, or jump to the currently-being-edited level? Please help me!
There are none.

#3 User is offline superstarCSB 

Posted 18 January 2007 - 07:58 PM

• snootch
  • Project:I probably should get back to work on my site someday...

View Postflarn2006, on Jan 18 2007, 05:33 PM, said:

Were you wanting something like how say MAME (haven't used it in forever so I don't know if it's still like that) and RockNES are set up? They have a list of all roms but then again that is just directed to whatever folder you choose to store your roms in. So yeah...I'm kinda confused as well.

#4 User is offline Ultima 

Posted 19 January 2007 - 01:02 PM

• Games Publisher
  • Project:Publishing mobile games!
I think he means something similar to one of gerbil's old tools - a frontend to link to all your ROM projects and tools, as well as being able to jump to the level currently being edited.

There aren't any, apart from gerbil's old thing which is miles out of date.

#5 User is offline Scarred Sun 

Posted 19 January 2007 - 07:16 PM

• GOTH GOTH GOTH
  • Project:Conquering the games industry
  • Wiki edits:36,091
What you're looking for is EmuControlCenter.

Handles more than just MD games as well! :D

Page 1 of 1
    Locked Forum

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users