Okay guys, this is the product of my experiments with ASM. It probably sucks, but I might as well make it public. What does this hack have?
- Removed the speed limit.
- A weirdass spindash that feels like a mixture of Sonic CD and Sonic 2, and it's really the Nick Arcade version with a higher speed boost and the rolling animation.
- A few songs from S3&K, courtesy of Tweaker and Sonic 65's Open-Source Music Ports.
- A slightly tweaked GHZ palette (Only slightly, I hate palette hacks as much as most of you).
- Fixed the spike bug.
- The timer stops after you defeat a boss, instead of going on until you press the capsule button, similar to S3&K.
Credit goes to:
- Hivebrain for the S1 Disassembly.
- drx for the S2 Nick Arcade Prototype disassembly.
- drx, bobxp/Rob and xenowhirl for helping me with the screen boundaries thing (more about that here)
- drx again for helping me on IRC.
- Tweaker and Sonic 65 for the Open Source Music Ports.
Screenshot of the only thing changed graphically, while performing a spin-dash...
And the download link, of course.