Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Cybernetic Outbreak Update/Release Thread. - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 21 Pages +
  • ◄ First
  • Last ►
    Locked Forum

Cybernetic Outbreak Update/Release Thread. Woo!

#256 User is offline Varion Icaria 

Posted 30 November 2010 - 09:20 PM

• He's waiting....
  • Project:S4: Cybernetic Outbreak
  • Wiki edits:1
Only reason I'm not a Techie is because I have yet to make a proper release, That will change relatively soon :3. My Area system works, I am setting the Transition part of the area system. The best part is that with my new transition system I can swap the secondary art files for levels on the fly without having to know the actual VRAM or RAM address as the game internally stores it now to allow for the transitions to go smoothly. All Level data and code references are in an index per area, while there are transition arrays that have data for transitions that will also allow for reversal transitions to previous areas. Obviously you can't backtrack from burnt AIZ to unburnt in the test rom. Fun thing is each act can have up to $FF amount of area's. the change makes the game so versatile to control. I'll keep you all posted with my progress.

#257 User is offline PsychoSk8r 

Posted 02 December 2010 - 08:51 AM

• HighKnights
  • Project:30 Day Project: Revisited.A New Release!
  • Wiki edits:19
I look forward to seeing this. =P

#258 User is offline iojnekns 

Posted 02 December 2010 - 10:45 AM

• I wish for Abraham Lincoln to be a girl.
  • Wiki edits:14
QUOTE (LordOfSquad @ Nov 30 2010, 01:34 AM)
Hey, why isn't this guy a techie yet?

I'm not a techie, nor do I have any kind of role or special insight into the promotion process. I have however, played CybOut, so perhaps I can shed some light on the issue.

Varion is a master of being very careful when revealing details about this project, in my opinion, to give the impression that what is being demo-ed is simply the tip of a vast technical iceberg. He further consolidates this by doing a lot of talking using impressive sounding jargon and such. In actuality, most of the project as it existed when I saw it has been publically revealed. In it's current state, almost every notable feature (read: about 6, all things considered) is incomplete anyway, but even if completed I'd hardly call it a staggering technical accomplishment. The public information is carefully controlled to:
a) imply there is more unshown progress than has actually been made
b) imply that the features that are there involve more technical proficiency than they actually do

To conclude, having played the project, it doesn't seem like it would particularly warrant techie status. I'm not totally convinced he is the big hacker he represents himself as, and the project itself seems like vapourware.

#259 User is offline Varion Icaria 

Posted 02 December 2010 - 08:28 PM

• He's waiting....
Only reason progress isn't as much as it should be was because I had a big issue in life that took up all of my time and I only just started getting back to work. I've been working hard and carefully checking and debugging to make sure everything is not glitchy. I've had to reacquire my ASM knolwedge because 7 months can make you forget a lot, Especially under constant stress. My main thing is I was always told that I was not a Techie only because I have not released tangible proof of me doing something worth it. To most what I do may not seem worth it but you don't spend the countless hours like I do trying to make your hopes and dreams work. I've had a rough time with bullshit. I'm constantly discriminated because of the past, I don't care what people think. The only thing I care about is working on something I enjoy to work on and to hopefully make something for others to enjoy aswell. My actual S3K disassembly has been one of my major projects I have been working on, I was not able to start my new version without the main additions I added to it. All in all I rather be treated normal rather than still fucking thought of about what happen in the past which to most people don't even know the real story, only followed the rumors of what was told about me. Past is past, Leave it there. I am working to make a great game and I will succeed. So I just don't want to have to deal with constant bullshit involving me, what happend in the past, why people still can't accept me even though I honestly did nothing wrong if you all knew what really happend, and just let everything be dropped and think of me as a completely different person than who you all "see" me as from the past perspective. I'm just done dealing with bullshit. Enough said.
This post has been edited by Varion Icaria: 02 December 2010 - 08:30 PM

#260 User is offline Rika Chou 

Posted 02 December 2010 - 08:36 PM

• Adopt
  • Wiki edits:4
Seems like you're being a little over dramatic here...

#261 User is offline Varion Icaria 

Posted 02 December 2010 - 08:38 PM

• He's waiting....
I'm just getting sick and tired. It seems everytime I try to do something people try to knock me down. My life isn't all happy go lucky. I have real problems. Between my health, My debt, My car repairs and other important things. I just want to be at peace and not have problems arise like they seem to do.

#262 User is offline Cinossu 

Posted 02 December 2010 - 08:47 PM

• inverted with love~
  • Project:Sonic the Hedgehog Extended Edition
  • Wiki edits:474
You shouldn't be hacking for recognition from others or to get techie status, etc. You should be hacking because you want to, because it's enjoyable and fun.

People don't like something? Tough titties to them. That's the attitude of "successful" hackers, because they enjoy what thye do for themselves, not for everyone else.

#263 User is offline Varion Icaria 

Posted 02 December 2010 - 08:58 PM

• He's waiting....
That's what I am saying. I do this because it's a hobby and I enjoy it. I just tire of the constant bullshit. I've had this idea for this game for the 8 years I've been hacking Sonic and I plan to finish it.

#264 User is offline Aerosol 

Posted 02 December 2010 - 09:57 PM

• FML and FU2
  • Project:Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
Good for you. I'm rootin' for ya.

#265 User is offline Animemaster 

Posted 03 December 2010 - 04:31 AM

• Prison bitch!
  • Project:Sonic 1 Revelation
  • Wiki edits:35
Yeah, good luck to you mate and don't over due it!

#266 User is offline snkenjoi 

Posted 03 December 2010 - 06:09 AM

• Wiki edits:26
QUOTE (Varion Icaria @ Dec 2 2010, 08:28 PM)
I'm constantly discriminated because of the past, I don't care what people think.

All in all I rather be treated normal rather than still fucking thought of about what happen in the past which to most people don't even know the real story, only followed the rumors of what was told about me. Past is past, Leave it there.

So I just don't want to have to deal with constant bullshit involving me, what happend in the past, why people still can't accept me even though I honestly did nothing wrong if you all knew what really happend

just let everything be dropped and think of me as a completely different person than who you all "see" me as from the past perspective.

Who mentioned "the past" ?

#267 User is offline Spanner 

Posted 03 December 2010 - 06:39 AM

• Not much I can do on here nowadays...
  • Project:Sonic the Hedgehog Hacking Contest, Other Stuff
  • Wiki edits:2,193
Hey, every time you say that there's a demo coming up there never is. There doesn't need to be a set deadline for things, although when on strict daily deadlines things can turn out good (see: PsychoSk8r's 30 Day Project). Just work on the hack until are ready to release something and keep it quiet.

I know that this post is pretty obvious, but yeah.

#268 User is offline Varion Icaria 

Posted 03 December 2010 - 03:18 PM

• He's waiting....
QUOTE (snkenjoi @ Dec 3 2010, 06:09 AM)
I'm constantly discriminated because of the past, I don't care what people think.

All in all I rather be treated normal rather than still fucking thought of about what happen in the past which to most people don't even know the real story, only followed the rumors of what was told about me. Past is past, Leave it there.

So I just don't want to have to deal with constant bullshit involving me, what happend in the past, why people still can't accept me even though I honestly did nothing wrong if you all knew what really happend

just let everything be dropped and think of me as a completely different person than who you all "see" me as from the past perspective.

Who mentioned "the past" ?

Who mentioned the past? It's the core of the problem people have with me. Regardless as to what it's about. I'm not stupid when it comes to things like this. anyways I'm not tarnishing my thread with useless bickering. This thread is for S4/Cyb and I will post updates from here on out.

#269 User is offline snkenjoi 

Posted 03 December 2010 - 03:55 PM

• Wiki edits:26
QUOTE (Varion Icaria @ Dec 3 2010, 04:18 PM)
It's the core of the problem people have with me.

As far as I can see here, no one has said anything of the sort.

#270 User is offline True Dude 

Posted 03 December 2010 - 04:16 PM

• Wiki edits:980
Hey man, forget about the past. I had problems too back then, if anyone remembers me back as Andrew the Hedgehog. No one else mentions that, and I doubt it affects what people now think of me. If anyone brings it up, who cares, just ignore them.

Also, really been looking forward to the hack. Funny I mention back then, that's about as long as I've been watching this! (After I first got banned, I attempted to make a second account solely for the purpose of keeping an eye on this. Then I got IP banned)

• 21 Pages +
  • ◄ First
  • Last ►
    Locked Forum

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users