Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: SonAR - Hosted by SeanieB - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
Loading News Feed...

SonAR - Hosted by SeanieB Such fine hosting

#61 User is offline Icy Guy 

Posted 07 April 2006 - 06:02 PM

• Hedgehog. Sonic the Hedgehog.
  • Project:GoldenEye 007 level hack
  • Wiki edits:2

Heran Bago, on Apr 6 2006, 07:03 PM, said:

All we need is Flicky, the Sonic X GBA video, the Sonic Advance 3 pre-release, Sega Smash Pack, and all them Sega Pico ROMs. Then we've got a dump of every cart. That's a bigger priority than getting the renamed sets. In fact, who needs the GBA and NDS renamer sets? Screw 'em.
Wacky Worlds and Art Alive have Sonic in them right? I guess those should be included too.

Sega Smash Pack? I dumped that back in May '03, but I don't have it named according to any of the popular naming conventions. It's just "SSP.gba". Guess it's time to rename and upload this sucker. As far as I know, it's a good dump, because I've used this ROM to make Action Replay codes that work on the real hardware. You guys can screw with the filename if you want - I just want to get this online while I have the time.

If I can get my hands on it, I can dump the Sonic X GBA video. At least, I think I can, but as far as I know, my Flash2Advance doesn't have any restrictions on anything but filesize.

EDIT: Looks like someone uploaded the Sonic X GBA video ROM. Thanks for saving me a bit of cash.

EDIT 2: Gameboy Advance/Supa Clean/ created, ROM uploaded.
This post has been edited by Icy Guy: 07 April 2006 - 06:14 PM

#62 User is offline Heran Bago 

Posted 08 April 2006 - 03:28 AM

• Ah! It's Puyo battle then.
  • Project:勉強
  • Wiki edits:4
Thanks much! Site updated and fixed!

All we need is the Sonic N beta, and all them Sega Pico ROMs. Then we've got a dump of every cart.
That's a bigger priority than getting the renamed sets. In fact, who needs the GBA and NDS renamer sets? Screw 'em.
Wacky Worlds and Art Alive have Sonic in them right? I guess those should be included too..

WW and AA can be stolen from Any GoodGen set. Sonic N's beta can be ripped off Sonic Stuff.
I'm having trouble finding an Fserve with Sega Pico dumps. However I've seen a couple before!

#63 User is offline infinity 

Posted 08 April 2006 - 08:00 AM

The Sonic N beta is not real, its not a beta. Why is the Sega Smash Pack on the site? I didnt upload because it doesn't have any Sonic games in it.

#64 User is offline ThunderPX 

Posted 08 April 2006 - 09:47 AM

• Project:Being stumped by the beginnings of ROM hacking in an attempt to translate a game
  • Wiki edits:20

infinity, on Apr 8 2006, 02:00 PM, said:

The Sonic N beta is not real, its not a beta. Why is the Sega Smash Pack on the site? I didnt upload because it doesn't have any Sonic games in it.

I'm pretty sure Spinball was a Sonic game.

#65 User is offline Quickman 

Posted 08 April 2006 - 12:07 PM

• Project:omg porjcet
  • Wiki edits:10

infinity, on Apr 8 2006, 01:00 PM, said:

The Sonic N beta is not real, its not a beta.

Care to explain further?

#66 User is offline drx 

Posted 08 April 2006 - 12:08 PM

• <Shade> fuck MJ
  • Project::rolleyes:
  • Wiki edits:8
Awesome. I like the scene ROMs. But the website layout hurts my eyes, badly ;) Please at least use Verdana. And a smaller font. And not the horrible, blue, default a hrefs =(

But otherwise, great. Are you interested in pirates?

#67 User is offline infinity 

Posted 08 April 2006 - 03:49 PM

ThunderPX, on Apr 8 2006, 06:47 AM, said:

I'm pretty sure Spinball was a Sonic game.

Ahh yes I see now, I only seemed to remember Golden AXe and Ecco the Dolphin being on it for some reason.

Sonic N 'beta' is identical to the retail. I don't know who decided it was a beta, but every file is exact same size as my uncracked retail copy. And with no changes in any file.

#68 User is offline Tweaker 

Posted 08 April 2006 - 04:09 PM

It was probably a prerelease, dumped before the game was released.

#69 User is offline Heran Bago 

Posted 08 April 2006 - 05:51 PM

drx, on Apr 8 2006, 12:08 PM, said:

Awesome. I like the scene ROMs. But the website layout hurts my eyes, badly ;) Please at least use Verdana. And a smaller font. And not the horrible, blue, default a hrefs =(

But otherwise, great. Are you interested in pirates?

Edit: Ahh, Okay. Done.

I don't think the lack of web design is good, but it's not god-awful IMO. If I want a ROM, I want it fast, and the over-simple layout of the page makes finding any given Sonic ROM super-easy.

But I do agree, it wants better web design.

Adn yes, we are certainly taking pirates, so long as they're not identicle to a good dump. We're also taking ROM hacks (I have no idea why...). There's a folder for pirates, however I'm too lazy to lazy to sort them. You'll have to dig yourself if you want some, the link's at the bottom of the page.
This post has been edited by Heran Bago: 08 April 2006 - 05:56 PM

#70 User is offline drx 

Posted 08 April 2006 - 08:14 PM

• <Shade> fuck MJ
Thanks a lot, now it looks 10 times better. I don't need any javascript scripts or shits like that, just nice, plain, eye-friendly list. You made my wish come true and I'm very thankful for that =)

#71 User is offline Heran Bago 

Posted 09 April 2006 - 01:33 AM

I still ought to do something about the default hyperlink thing.
Maybe normal text whould be white with black BG? I'mm tweak around and see what looks good.

I'm having a hell of a time finding the Sega Pico rom(s?). I'm still pretty sure they exist!

#72 User is offline infinity 

Posted 09 April 2006 - 10:12 AM

Tweaker, on Apr 8 2006, 01:09 PM, said:

It was probably a prerelease, dumped before the game was released.

Not that either...I was in the ngage scene from the start hehe. It was a launch title, and blizzard cracked shortly after, and there was no copy out before launch.

#73 User is offline Qjimbo 

Posted 09 April 2006 - 10:14 AM

• Your friendly neighbourhood lemming.
  • Wiki edits:69
I'm curious about the origin of that SMD-Magical Sonic and Knuckles dump, how do you know it was released months before the game came out?

#74 User is offline drx 

Posted 09 April 2006 - 04:05 PM

• <Shade> fuck MJ
look at the filedates and dates in the file.diz :P

#75 User is offline Heran Bago 

Posted 09 April 2006 - 04:10 PM

QJimbo, on Apr 9 2006, 10:14 AM, said:

I'm curious about the origin of that SMD-Magical Sonic and Knuckles dump, how do you know it was released months before the game came out?

The info files always have the date it ws dumped. This dump came out a couple months before the game's release. Around the actual day of the release, they released an IPS patch which would turn their old dump into the final build.

• 23 Pages +
  • ◄ First
  • Last ►
    Locked Forum

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users