don't click here

SMC PEOPLE GET IN HERE NOW!

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by LOst, Jul 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LOst

LOst

Tech Member
    I saw that the movies in Sonic Mega Collection (GC) had the Sonic CD intro and outro in a very high resolution. With all the scenes from Sonic CD PC and Sonic Jam combined, but with a super resolution.

Do you have a high speed connection? And a capture card that can take S-video. Then record all Sonic CD movies in the highest resolution you can use, and share it with the world!

Please, see my sig and understand how this is going to help us to reach the Sonic future together!

Don't capture sound! It just takes space. We already have the music.

2. Vangar

Vangar

Sonic Jam has a high resolution one, and with more screnes. It was high enough, belive me.

I have Sonic Jam, and with a special player you can view them 100% Quality from the PC (Which I also have), but I only have 56k connection so im not going to upload that at all. I can send you the player though.

3. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    SMC is much better quality than the one in Sonic jam.

4. LOst

LOst

Tech Member
    Yea, and it got the scenes with the water rainbow running and that other water scene... It even got the pencil-test in color! I have never seen that. I got jealuos for the first time. I hate Mega Collection and I hate Game Cube. But this time it won, even over Sonic Jam. So please someone with enough power rip the movies!

5. Vangar

Vangar

Hmmm.... Seems there is more than Sonic Jam if there's a colour pencil test. But how do we know its original (from 1990's) and not just re-done for GC?

6. Miles Prower

Miles Prower

Renard Oldbie
    Two questions :
    - Does SMC+ on PS2 / Xbox include these movies ? I got the Xbox version and haven't seen any of those though.
    - Would it be possible to get SMC GCN iso and rip the movie directly from the file ?

7. Vangar

Vangar

that's a very good idea. Just like I can with SJ.

8. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    No.
    It depends on what format it is in.
    They remade the movies for SMC, using the original animation cells.
    (IIRC)

I believe someone over at Sonic Cult got these already, such a shame that Lost hates that place.

9. Vangar

Vangar

Well if that was true, then its actually worth something. If its new stuff, ONOES ITS TEH SONIC X CD!!!!oneoneone, to put it quite n00bishly =P.

10. evilhamwizard

evilhamwizard

Researcher
    Sorry I kinda have my text mushed because im using my psp at the moment. But anyway, I have the iso and a special tool that can play and encode the video. Just give me a good and fast file host and I'll try and get them as fast as I can.

11. Vangar

Vangar

Jam ver or Gamecube? I just thought you might be confused when reading from a PSP is all.

12. Qjimbo

Qjimbo

Your friendly neighbourhood lemming. Oldbie
    You don't want to have to capture them, you really want to extract them directly from the disk if posible. Capturing just introduces noise, even if you capture using RGB. I don't know what methods are avaliable for extracting from GC disks. However If the PS2 version has the videos at the same resolution, that'd be really easy to rip from.

13. Vangar

Vangar

If anyone has the SMC for PS2 it would be really, really easy. But just how big would the files be? *Shot for having 56k*

14. Miles Prower

Miles Prower

Renard Oldbie
    PS2 and XBox versions are the same. I have the XBox version. I can directly rip the videos. Except for one thing - Sonic CD videos are NOT in SMC+. As Rika said :

15. Shakidna

Shakidna

Rehash Rampage Member
    I have SMC and I've never seen the coloured pencil test.

16. FMSonic

FMSonic

There's never been a colored version of the pencil test. Also, the ending from SMC had this horrible ghosting effect. It looked awful.

17. Kampfer

Kampfer

If I had SMC, I could capture any video that you needed, but I lack the game.

EDIT: Perhaps I could rent it sometime soon...

18. evilhamwizard

evilhamwizard

Researcher
    1.) I ment the SMC iso, I can go through Sonic Jam if you want.

2.) I think I can/cannot rip them, but what's for sure is that I have the videos.

What codec would you like anyway? Just get me a quick list and look back at this post for the links.

Also, I found a really strange video, probably to test the codec or the SFD player. There are 2 tests, one is a CGI test with really sad music, the other is a quick reality video, probably close to 30 seconds. Would you like this too?

EDIT: Having a little trouble converting the video. The settings for the converting are right here, but the thing here is that the coverting program is locked. I don't know exactly why, but I'm guessing because I have to register it in order to use the feature. Here's another problem, this program's not well known AT ALL, so I can't find a working serial number that can work with this.

EDIT 2: http://www.cubemediaplayer.com This is what I'm using, it's kinda awsome, but the website's slow as hell.

EDIT 3: Found a better tool to use, it should encode it to a MPEG. It'll contain the sound though, and it might be very big, but it's the only thing I can do for now.

EDIT 4: I need a codec called "tooLAME" to decode the video. Perhaps I could at least give someone the original SFD videos so someone could do it for me? It would help, a lot.

19. The Missing R2 Boss from the pencil test is in the SCD ending, which is available in the Extra Section, but colored.

20. LOst

LOst

Tech Member
    Just use VirtualDub and remove the sound. VirtualDub can be found at Sorceforge as open source of course.

tooLAME? It that the real codec for the movies? If so I guess someone has it already.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.