don't click here

Micheal Jacksons Moonwalker

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Rika Chou, Mar 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    Can you tell what I changed? =P

link

Fear my 5 second hack!

2. Syren

Syren

Teesside, UK
    Reintergration
    You changed him from a famous musician to a child loving jail monkey? :o
    (Sorry, at school at the moment. Nothing to really say about this yet.)

3. Megane

Megane

PONY TIME Member
    Leaping through time, putting things right that once went wrong, and hoping each time that the next leap will be the leap home.
    Inetersting pallet hack, but must we really start hacking this game? It scares me. I guess it can't be helped, though.

4. vergo

vergo

Pending Member
    Cool hack how did you edit the pallet for it ? I would love to edit pallet's for other games like: echo , Akex kidd and streets of rage. Also is it possable to change the level order and music.

5. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    h3x

6. vergo

vergo

Pending Member
    I must admit your hack is good but I want to change MJ's suit black and white. How do I do it. What software do I need. One bad thing about thsi game you can't see Michaels face that good. I thought about changing his 1 player outfit to his 2 player outfit.

7. Syren

Syren

Teesside, UK
    Reintergration
    Well, if Rika hacked it with hex, I'd guess (and I really am guessing here, so if anyone wants to point out that I'm just pissing into the wind then please do) that a hex editor is required.

Rika: I'm guessing it uses compression, what does it use, Nemesis?

8. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member

I used Hex Workshop. This is just a pallet hack, nothing more.

9. Syren

Syren

Teesside, UK
    Reintergration
    Sweet, no compression then.

Also, I've tried many search criterias in Google for the offsets with no prevail. Could you share these offsets?

10. drx

drx

mfw Researcher
    :rolleyes:
    hahahaha.

it's really not that difficult to find a palette in a rom XD

11. Syren

Syren

Teesside, UK
    Reintergration
    * Syren is a newb! Please be patient with his small and pointless questions!

So I don't know how to get an offset for anything on my lonesome, big deal. :P

12. Trigahd

Trigahd

I am your gahd!! Member
    Somewhere in the skies
    Nothing worth mentioning
    One way you can find out where the offsets are is to grab a non-editted version of the rom and Rika's rom and check out what's different between the two versions. Mess with different things and you might be able to find out what she did.

13. Syren

Syren

Teesside, UK
    Reintergration
    Hahaha, how I laugh at my stupidity. Gah. *slap*

14. Qjimbo

Qjimbo

Your friendly neighbourhood lemming. Oldbie
    Nice work Rika, now all you have to do is put Pachuka's face on the character :D

15. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Indeed... Here's a little explanation for those who don't know how to do it:

First of all, make sure your emulator can make screenshots using the correct colors. The RGB color values shouldn't be different than those the Genesis accepts (0,32,64,96,128,160,192,224).
    If you're using the latest versions of Gens, you should have the following lines in the GENS.CFG file:
    Code (Text):
    1. Contrast=90
    2. Brightness=100
    Then, take a look at the palette you want to find (in Gens, go to CPU->Debug->Genesis VDP) and make a screenshot of it. Now you'll have to find those colors in the ROM.

The MegaDrive palettes have the format 0BGR (Zero, Blue, Green, Red), etc, so you must look at the color values, convert each of them to the byte the MD uses for it and go to the next color you want to find. The bytes used for each color value are as follows:
    Code (Text):
    1. E:224
    2. C:192
    3. A:160
    4. 8:128
    5. 6:96
    6. 4:64
    7. 2:32
    8. 0:0
    So if you had a palette with the tewo consecutive colors "R:224 G:160 B:0" and "R:192 G:128 B:0" you should look for the hex values "00AE008C".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.