Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Sonic Forces (PC/PS4/XB1/Switch) Hacking & Resources - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Jump to content

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 10 Pages +
  • ◄ First
  • 6
  • 7
  • 8
  • 9
  • 10
    Locked
    Locked Forum

Sonic Forces (PC/PS4/XB1/Switch) Hacking & Resources

#106 User is offline Skyth 

Posted 17 December 2017 - 02:05 PM

  • Posts: 10
  • Joined: 09-October 14
  • Gender:Male

View PostWindii, on 17 December 2017 - 01:51 PM, said:

Yeah, the shortcut method seems to work, thank god for that. Although I'm not sure if I still understand some of the game's .dds files. They seem to use this new format that is not compatible with InfranView or Photoshop with the Nvidia plugins. Maybe some of you guys know if there are any modern methods for viewing and converting them than whatever I use? For example, this guy seems to have been able to figure them out and made a script that converts all .dds files in a folder to .tga. This is how I could grab those backgrounds on the main menu (they're big!):
Spoiler


I got two plugins you can use.

Plugin for Paint.NET
Plugin for Photoshop

For the Paint.NET one, you need to rename the extensions to DDS2 so it can load them.

#107 User is offline StreakThunderstorm 

Posted 17 December 2017 - 02:07 PM

  • Posts: 216
  • Joined: 10-July 11
  • Gender:Male
  • Project:Mecha Madness
I'm having some trouble getting the animated skeletons out using modelfbx. They only spit out 5kb fbx files with no animation.

#108 User is offline Skyth 

Posted 17 December 2017 - 02:10 PM

  • Posts: 10
  • Joined: 09-October 14
  • Gender:Male

View PostStreakThunderstorm, on 17 December 2017 - 02:07 PM, said:

I'm having some trouble getting the animated skeletons out using modelfbx. They only spit out 5kb fbx files with no animation.

Are you trying to rip the .anm.hkx files? If so, that's not possible yet, since Forces uses Havok 2016 which has no publicly released tools or SDK we can use to rip the files.
This post has been edited by Skyth: 17 December 2017 - 02:12 PM

#109 User is offline Windii 

Posted 17 December 2017 - 04:05 PM

  • tf you're looking at keep scrolling
  • Posts: 83
  • Joined: 19-February 17
  • Gender:Not Telling
  • Location:Eggmanland
  • Project:Fanvids!

View PostSkyth, on 17 December 2017 - 02:05 PM, said:

I got two plugins you can use.

Plugin for Paint.NET
Plugin for Photoshop

For the Paint.NET one, you need to rename the extensions to DDS2 so it can load them.

Wow, this works like a charm. Completely beats the Nvidia tools in every way. It even keeps the transparency.

#110 User is offline StreakThunderstorm 

Posted 18 December 2017 - 11:23 AM

  • Posts: 216
  • Joined: 10-July 11
  • Gender:Male
  • Project:Mecha Madness

View PostSkyth, on 17 December 2017 - 02:10 PM, said:

View PostStreakThunderstorm, on 17 December 2017 - 02:07 PM, said:

I'm having some trouble getting the animated skeletons out using modelfbx. They only spit out 5kb fbx files with no animation.

Are you trying to rip the .anm.hkx files? If so, that's not possible yet, since Forces uses Havok 2016 which has no publicly released tools or SDK we can use to rip the files.

Makes sense =/

#111 User is offline CornflakeRush 

Posted 18 December 2017 - 06:54 PM

  • Posts: 19
  • Joined: 12-December 17

View PostSkyth, on 17 December 2017 - 02:05 PM, said:

View PostWindii, on 17 December 2017 - 01:51 PM, said:

Yeah, the shortcut method seems to work, thank god for that. Although I'm not sure if I still understand some of the game's .dds files. They seem to use this new format that is not compatible with InfranView or Photoshop with the Nvidia plugins. Maybe some of you guys know if there are any modern methods for viewing and converting them than whatever I use? For example, this guy seems to have been able to figure them out and made a script that converts all .dds files in a folder to .tga. This is how I could grab those backgrounds on the main menu (they're big!):
Spoiler


I got two plugins you can use.

Plugin for Paint.NET
Plugin for Photoshop

For the Paint.NET one, you need to rename the extensions to DDS2 so it can load them.


Skyth you amazing man, that Paint.net plugin just made everything texture related so much easier (better compressed, too!)

#112 User is offline CornflakeRush 

Posted 23 December 2017 - 11:46 AM

  • Posts: 19
  • Joined: 12-December 17
Hi all! Has anyone had any luck replacing the game's music?

My attempts at replacing the 0000x_streaming.hca files in bgm_wars.acb have resulted in no music playing at all anywhere so far, even if I only replace one song I know doesn't have a "boost" equivalent (e.g. Infinite Battle 1) - I remember it being mentioned somewhere in the thread that if you replace a Modern Sonic stage's music you need to have a mid-boosted "boost" version of the exact same length but I haven't touched those!

#113 User is offline Skyth 

Posted 25 December 2017 - 08:33 AM

  • Posts: 10
  • Joined: 09-October 14
  • Gender:Male
I've just updated the PAC unpacker/packer, grab it from the gist if you haven't already.
Problem where terrain PAC files didn't extract with correct names has been solved, and the PAC creation is also more accurate. Hopefully it fixes all of the problems people had.
Here's an EXE Version if you don't want to mess with Python.

#114 User is offline CornflakeRush 

Posted 02 January 2018 - 06:38 PM

  • Posts: 19
  • Joined: 12-December 17
Thanks to the help of Radfordhound, Beatz and PTKickass, I present the first release of my Modern Sonic Tweaks mod - featuring PTKickass' amazing Fixed Classic Sonic mod (included with permission).

Posted Image

(YouTube trailer incoming, until then have the GameBanana banner pic!)

#115 User is offline Lanzer 

Posted 03 January 2018 - 10:06 PM

  • The saber calls for its master...
  • Posts: 6775
  • Joined: 27-February 09
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Glendale, AZ
  • Project:Doing Stuff.
  • Wiki edits:1
Yeah now this is what I'm talking about, quality of life improvements! now lets get some level editing going to make the levels not complete boost-2-win garbage (and whatever was wrong with classic's levels as well). maybe even make the bosses more challenging too.

#116 User is online Shaddy the guy 

Posted 03 January 2018 - 11:02 PM

  • Zaphod's just some guy, you know?
  • Posts: 207
  • Joined: 27-September 16
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Beaverton OR
  • Project:Completely remaking my fanedit because I messed up
Pretty sure it's not exactly that simple.

On a related note though, does the tweaks mod affect Sonic's acceleration at all? That's really the biggest issue with his control.
This post has been edited by Shaddy the guy: 03 January 2018 - 11:02 PM

#117 User is offline RikohZX 

Posted 04 January 2018 - 12:12 AM

  • Posts: 318
  • Joined: 18-March 17
  • Gender:Male

View PostShaddy the guy, on 03 January 2018 - 11:02 PM, said:

Pretty sure it's not exactly that simple.

On a related note though, does the tweaks mod affect Sonic's acceleration at all? That's really the biggest issue with his control.

Nope, Sonic's still got an unnatural 'jump' between speeding up and his speed cap. Probably a really awkward leftover from when Sonic adjusted between walking and running in Lost World which wasn't re-appropriated for the new gameplay, though I'm curious if it can also be tweaked.

#118 User is offline CornflakeRush 

Posted 04 January 2018 - 07:24 PM

  • Posts: 19
  • Joined: 12-December 17

View PostRikohZX, on 04 January 2018 - 12:12 AM, said:

View PostShaddy the guy, on 03 January 2018 - 11:02 PM, said:

Pretty sure it's not exactly that simple.

On a related note though, does the tweaks mod affect Sonic's acceleration at all? That's really the biggest issue with his control.

Nope, Sonic's still got an unnatural 'jump' between speeding up and his speed cap. Probably a really awkward leftover from when Sonic adjusted between walking and running in Lost World which wasn't re-appropriated for the new gameplay, though I'm curious if it can also be tweaked.


I set everything to 10,000 during testing and Sonic seemed to reach (a ludicrous) max speed instantly so maybe there's a value for his acceleration hidden around somewhere! I've also tracked down a value that controls how far you move backwards after a homing attack - setting that to a negative number shoots you forward instead, everything flows so much better that way in my opinion.

Edit: Just updated the mod to include a few extra tweaks - as I said above the 3D homing attack now launches you slightly forward, I've increased the 3D slide speed a little and there's no 2D homing attack cooldown anymore. Next up is the acceleration and hopefully making 2D homing attacks launch you forward too!
This post has been edited by CornflakeRush: 05 January 2018 - 09:59 AM

#119 User is offline CornflakeRush 

Posted 07 January 2018 - 05:08 PM

  • Posts: 19
  • Joined: 12-December 17

View PostCornflakeRush, on 02 January 2018 - 06:38 PM, said:

(YouTube trailer incoming, until then have the GameBanana banner pic!)




Edit: Oop! My bad, meant to edit the original post.
This post has been edited by CornflakeRush: 07 January 2018 - 05:14 PM

#120 User is offline RikohZX 

Posted 07 January 2018 - 10:40 PM

  • Posts: 318
  • Joined: 18-March 17
  • Gender:Male

View PostCornflakeRush, on 07 January 2018 - 05:08 PM, said:

View PostCornflakeRush, on 02 January 2018 - 06:38 PM, said:

(YouTube trailer incoming, until then have the GameBanana banner pic!)


http://www.youtube.c...h?v=FESlXkKQx9g

Edit: Oop! My bad, meant to edit the original post.
I've noticed that while the Avatar inherits Modern Sonic's physics for obvious reasons in Tag Team stages, Bird Avatars inherit his Double Jump changes in solo play. I think the Wire Attack might be faster too, since I played a Red SOS mission that forced me to use a barebones Burst-wielding Bird, but not sure. Wonder how much crosses over between the two?

  • 10 Pages +
  • ◄ First
  • 6
  • 7
  • 8
  • 9
  • 10
    Locked
    Locked Forum

3 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users