Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Mania Mod Loader - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 8 Pages +
  • ◄ First
    Locked Forum

Mania Mod Loader It loads mods, for Mania. Update: now with custom code support.

#91 User is offline MainMemory 

Posted 14 October 2017 - 12:05 AM

• Every day's the same old thing... Same place, different day...
  • Project:SonLVL
  • Wiki edits:1,339
All the game's files come from the Data.rsdk file. To use mods with the mod loader, the files that were modified have to be extracted from the rsdk file and placed into a directory structure that mirrors the RSDK file, alongside a mod.ini file describing the mod.

#92 User is offline The Growler 

Posted 16 October 2017 - 10:06 AM

Apologies MainMemory, but I still can't get the 'built in' codes to work on the Mod Manager. I've got the ones I want to use, I click Save & Play, but they're not working no matter what game I play.

Secondly, what button do I press to activate the debug console (which I've also ticked)?

#93 User is offline MainMemory 

Posted 16 October 2017 - 11:06 AM

What do you mean, "no matter what game I play"? Mania Mod Loader is only compatible with the September 6th version of Sonic Mania. If you're using the wrong version of the game, it should show a message box saying so.

#94 User is offline The Growler 

Posted 16 October 2017 - 12:35 PM

View PostMainMemory, on 16 October 2017 - 11:06 AM, said:

What do you mean, "no matter what game I play"? Mania Mod Loader is only compatible with the September 6th version of Sonic Mania. If you're using the wrong version of the game, it should show a message box saying so.

I mean as in whether I use the "no save mode" or the "Mania Mode".

I'd already downgraded to the 6th September version when I first started using MML, and there's no message box telling me I'm using the wrong version; the codes just don't seem to be do anything.

#95 User is offline MainMemory 

Posted 16 October 2017 - 01:14 PM

You did install the loader, right? The mod manager will show an "Uninstall loader" button and d3d9.dll will be in the Sonic Mania folder. Also check that mods\Codes.dat and/or mods\Patches.dat exist.

#96 User is offline The Growler 

Posted 17 October 2017 - 10:11 AM

View PostMainMemory, on 16 October 2017 - 01:14 PM, said:

You did install the loader, right? The mod manager will show an "Uninstall loader" button and d3d9.dll will be in the Sonic Mania folder. Also check that mods\Codes.dat and/or mods\Patches.dat exist.

Yes to all of that: the Mod Manager has an "Uninstall loader" button, d3d9.dll is in the Sonic Mania folder, plus codes and patches.dat are both in the mods folder.

Shall we continue this discussion in a PM so we don't take up room solving this on the thread?

#97 User is offline MainMemory 

Posted 17 October 2017 - 11:21 AM

Sure, either that or IRC.

#98 User is offline Josh 

Posted 20 October 2017 - 08:13 PM

• TGC Warrior
  • Wiki edits:1
So, I had a thought for a code, and it's something that would address what seems to be a bit of an oversight. There's a room in PGZ2 where you fall down and get a flame shield, then use it to melt your way out of the room. However, if you come in here as Super Sonic, you have no way to get out until the transformation runs out since shield effects aren't applied to Super forms. So would it be possible to address this, and maybe also make it so shield jumps could be used while super?

#99 User is offline Dark Sonic 

Posted 20 October 2017 - 09:13 PM

• Project:Working on my art!
  • Wiki edits:10
Fire shield effects in general appear to be broken as Super. The Fire shield won't trigger ice melting in PGZ2 or oil burning in OOZ. The other shields work environmentally though.

#100 User is offline BlazeHedgehog 

Posted 23 October 2017 - 03:45 PM

• A "Community Enigma"?
  • Wiki edits:51

View PostDark Sonic, on 20 October 2017 - 09:13 PM, said:

Fire shield effects in general appear to be broken as Super. The Fire shield won't trigger ice melting in PGZ2 or oil burning in OOZ. The other shields work environmentally though.

I feel like that's a weird hold-over from Sonic 3? As Super Sonic, the water shield would still prevent you from drowning, and the lightning shield would still attract rings, but the fire shield did nothing because most of its benefits were nullified by Super Sonic, outside of the air dash.

#101 User is offline Dark Sonic 

Posted 23 October 2017 - 03:53 PM

• Project:Working on my art!
  • Wiki edits:10

View PostBlazeHedgehog, on 23 October 2017 - 03:45 PM, said:

View PostDark Sonic, on 20 October 2017 - 09:13 PM, said:

I feel like that's a weird hold-over from Sonic 3? As Super Sonic, the water shield would still prevent you from drowning, and the lightning shield would still attract rings, but the fire shield did nothing because most of its benefits were nullified by Super Sonic, outside of the air dash.

It probably is, but it's still an oversight. Wouldn't mind seeing that changed.

Also one of the codes I'm using causes some strange side effects in game. In SSZ Act 2 instead of going to Metal Sonic it goes to the Title Screen. In LRZ Act 2 instead of going to Hidden Palace you go to the Continue screen. And in the Special Stages the controls are all screwed up and your model is frozen on one frame of animation (also pausing freezes the game). Anyone know which code it is? Is it the ERZ Super Sonic esq flight?

#102 User is offline MainMemory 

Posted 10 November 2017 - 06:27 PM

A month and a half later, and I've finally updated the mod loader. Updates are also available for my Random Bonus and SMPS mods.

http://mm.reimuhakur...niaModLoader.7z
https://github.com/M...releases/tag/v3
https://github.com/M...releases/tag/v3

#103 User is offline Shade Vortex 

Posted 16 November 2017 - 09:42 PM

• The Black Vortex
  • Project:Twitch Streams
I'm having an issue where Sonic always has a fire shield. I don't have that code on.

#104 User is offline MainMemory 

Posted 16 November 2017 - 11:11 PM

I believe that's because one of your mods uses an older version of the "Player" static object file (Objects\Static\36D61A3DE508B500AE0ECF8D33F32943.bin), which changed formats between versions.

#105 User is offline Josh 

Posted 05 December 2017 - 09:31 PM

• TGC Warrior
  • Wiki edits:1

View PostMainMemory, on 16 November 2017 - 11:11 PM, said:

I believe that's because one of your mods uses an older version of the "Player" static object file (Objects\Static\36D61A3DE508B500AE0ECF8D33F32943.bin), which changed formats between versions.

Is there any way to manually fix this? As of yet, it seems like nobody has made a Sonic 2-style palette for the characters in the new format.

• 8 Pages +
  • ◄ First
    Locked Forum

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users