Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Sonic Xtreme Saturn 718 Hacking and Modding - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 3 Pages +
    Locked Forum

Sonic Xtreme Saturn 718 Hacking and Modding By DaGuAr And Andrew75

#16 User is offline Andrew75 

Posted 13 October 2017 - 04:27 AM

• Technical Artist
  • Project:Project AXSX(Sonic Xtreme) + Misc Projects
No didn't have the time to look sorry.

#17 User is offline itsstillthinking 

Posted 13 October 2017 - 12:13 PM

• Project:Sonic Adventure 1 & 2 Dreamcast Website, Sega Saturn Netlink Voip
No problem, maybe when November comes and you get all the free time to work on the project you might find something interesting in there

#18 User is offline Andrew75 

Posted 13 October 2017 - 11:42 PM

• Technical Artist
I'll be working on axsx , don't think I'll have much time to tinker with hacking 718, , especially with the hex being so mixed up and all over the place, and not sure what many pointers are even doing, sorry man , got to try to get the next playable AXSX release going. If I get back to it, it'll be whenever I get desperate for finding more boss content. Perhaps you can try your hand at extracting some stuff.

#19 User is offline itsstillthinking 

Posted 14 October 2017 - 12:18 AM

• Project:Sonic Adventure 1 & 2 Dreamcast Website, Sega Saturn Netlink Voip
Of course, Axsx comes first! you said its in hex? any other special things i should know if im to to try this?

#20 User is offline Shoemanbundy 

Posted 17 February 2018 - 11:33 PM

• Project:selling shoes
  • Wiki edits:1
So someone got the Metal Sonic stage to be accessible?

Posted Image
Posted Image

Shots uploaded here: http://hiddenpalace....1996_prototype)

I know the graphic was always at the bottom of the single Jade Gully area, but I didn't know it could be accessed as its own area. Was this known already? Still wondering what the chances are the Knack stage is in there.
This post has been edited by Shoemanbundy: 17 February 2018 - 11:33 PM

#21 User is offline Andrew75 

Posted 19 February 2018 - 04:25 PM

• Technical Artist
No sorry, ive been working on AXSX fulltime now, probably wont have time to look anymore, I think we need someone more experienced to look threw the data. I don't have what it takes sadly.

#22 User is offline Shoemanbundy 

Posted 19 February 2018 - 10:47 PM

That's alright Andrew, I know you're busy with AXSX. I was more asking who did what to get that above area accessible. Like, I'd think it would have become news here on the forums that someone got something new to show up within the Sonic Xtreme demo, and yet no one's talking about it or how they did it. Is the wiki editor Cerv3ro a member here I wonder?

Edit: OK, I feel stupid. The person who made those screenshots simply disabled graphics layers with SSF to get those results. Talk about misleading.
This post has been edited by Shoemanbundy: 20 February 2018 - 12:11 AM

#23 User is offline Shoemanbundy 

Posted 21 February 2018 - 05:28 AM

I got curious, so I spent a ridiculous amount of time messing around with Bizhawk's RAM searcher hoping to maybe find more hidden stuff. I was hoping there'd be a faint chance of a level RAM value so I can get to the Fang area, but that's wishful thinking.

The only interesting thing I've found is a white fade out effect that could have been for when you pass a level. Go to address 08CC4A when the level first loads up and enter any value into it before the Jade Gully title disappears. It was interesting thinking it may transport me to another level, but sadly no such thing happens. It was probably originally planned for when you get past a level though I imagine. Address 072DB2 also stores how many rings you have, but going to 55 and beyond for some reason freezes the game.

Oh, and if you want to get to ridiculously high heights, use 0741FA at set it to 2 and you can keep double jumping into the sky and beyond.
This post has been edited by Shoemanbundy: 21 February 2018 - 05:31 AM

#24 User is offline Andrew75 

Posted 06 April 2018 - 12:01 AM

• Technical Artist
XD , You know, I really would have thought someone with super awesome Hacking skills would have combed threw every digit of hex in 718 by now,
I mean look we have this fantastic community here, but no one with the skills is really stepping up, Sanik and Jolly have gone threw the build, but not 100%
If anyone is interested, I am willing to share the progress where me and Daguar have left off, I have some notes, and also in Photoshop ive mapped out using layers for what chunks of data represent what objects in game.
Also inside hex workshop , I've also mapped out pointers by name and where they are pointing to for as bookmarks. ( its very tedious work)
If Nack's Model is inside the build, I'm sure there must be more from his stage included, or maybe even perhaps if the right flag is tripped, We could maybe even get to play a boss fight.
This post has been edited by Andrew75: 06 April 2018 - 12:05 AM

#25 User is offline biggestsonicfan 

Posted 06 April 2018 - 12:00 PM

• Model2wannaB
  • Project:Formerly Sonic the Fighters

View PostAndrew75, on 06 April 2018 - 12:01 AM, said:

XD , You know, I really would have thought someone with super awesome Hacking skills would have combed threw every digit of hex in 718 by now,
I mean look we have this fantastic community here, but no one with the skills is really stepping up, Sanik and Jolly have gone threw the build, but not 100%
If anyone is interested, I am willing to share the progress where me and Daguar have left off, I have some notes, and also in Photoshop ive mapped out using layers for what chunks of data represent what objects in game.
Also inside hex workshop , I've also mapped out pointers by name and where they are pointing to for as bookmarks. ( its very tedious work)
If Nack's Model is inside the build, I'm sure there must be more from his stage included, or maybe even perhaps if the right flag is tripped, We could maybe even get to play a boss fight.

11 years and StF debug mode is just now surfacing. It's harder to gain interest in the nicheness.

#26 User is offline Andrew75 

Posted 06 April 2018 - 12:06 PM

• Technical Artist
And what prettell is StF debug mode?

#27 User is offline biggestsonicfan 

Posted 06 April 2018 - 12:17 PM

• Model2wannaB

View PostAndrew75, on 06 April 2018 - 12:06 PM, said:

And what prettell is StF debug mode?

A fully accessible debug menu in Sonic the Fighters.

#28 User is offline Andrew75 

Posted 06 April 2018 - 02:02 PM

• Technical Artist
Ah~ha , sounds interesting but it's not related to Sonic X-treme or anything is it ?

#29 User is offline biggestsonicfan 

Posted 06 April 2018 - 02:13 PM

• Model2wannaB

View PostAndrew75, on 06 April 2018 - 02:02 PM, said:

Ah~ha , sounds interesting but it's not related to Sonic X-treme or anything is it ?

I was merely comparing the lack of community interest between the two games and how long it's taken for a debug mode in a Sonic game to be activated.

#30 User is offline Andrew75 

Posted 06 April 2018 - 03:39 PM

• Technical Artist

View Postbiggestsonicfan, on 06 April 2018 - 02:13 PM, said:

View PostAndrew75, on 06 April 2018 - 02:02 PM, said:

I was merely comparing the lack of community interest between the two games and how long it's taken for a debug mode in a Sonic game to be activated.

haha oh oh oh, ok ! I really Wish there was more interest.

• 3 Pages +
    Locked Forum

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users