Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Sega Forever - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 13 Pages +
  • ◄ First
    Locked Forum

Sega Forever

#181 User is offline JaxTH 

Posted 18 September 2017 - 02:23 AM

• Pudding Deity
  • Project:Jack shit.
  • Wiki edits:2

View PostFlygon, on 18 September 2017 - 01:08 AM, said:

View Postbiggestsonicfan, on 17 September 2017 - 11:31 AM, said:

I think a faithful port of Golden Axe Arcade is long overdue.

I could go for mashing together the Arcade and Mega Drive versions, myself.

Make the best version from both!

I've wanted this for so long. Sega only cares about the Arcade version though.

#182 User is offline Gammatron 

Posted 18 September 2017 - 02:55 PM

Sega Forever might just be the final push that makes me ditch my iphone for an android. Mainly so I can just put emulators on it.

#183 User is offline sonicblur 

Posted 19 September 2017 - 07:54 PM

• Wiki edits:6

View PostGammatron, on 18 September 2017 - 02:55 PM, said:

Sega Forever might just be the final push that makes me ditch my iphone for an android. Mainly so I can just put emulators on it.

If you have access to a Mac, there's nothing stopping you from putting emulators on an iOS device right now. A couple years ago they changed their developer program so that people could develop apps for their own devices without paying a $99 fee for the signing certificate necessary to sign apps so they could run on hardware. You're allowed to "develop" for your own device. Even if you're not familiar with coding, you can still take advantage of this to get open source emulators onto your device. It's as simple as downloading & installing the developer tools, downloading the source code to one of the open source emulators, and then using the dev tools to compile and install the code on your device. Once it's on there, it works like any other app. (Although it won't be part of backups, so if you switch devices you'll need to re-install the app manually via the dev tools)

For example, here's a multi-system (SMS/GG/Genesis/SCD/32x/NES/SNES/GBA etc) emulator for iOS:
https://github.com/j...ding-Provenance

The steps walk you through how to install it, no jailbreaking required. Unfortunately, if you don't have access to a Mac (or a Virtual machine running macOS) then this is not an option.

#184 User is offline Retroman 

Posted 20 September 2017 - 12:11 AM

• Unlike Sonic, I chuckle. Then I flex my muscles.

View PostFlygon, on 18 September 2017 - 01:08 AM, said:

View Postbiggestsonicfan, on 17 September 2017 - 11:31 AM, said:

I think a faithful port of Golden Axe Arcade is long overdue.

I could go for mashing together the Arcade and Mega Drive versions, myself.

Make the best version from both!

Golden Axe Mania! :ruby:

#185 User is offline Gammatron 

Posted 20 September 2017 - 07:37 AM

View Postsonicblur, on 19 September 2017 - 07:54 PM, said:

View PostGammatron, on 18 September 2017 - 02:55 PM, said:

If you have access to a Mac, there's nothing stopping you from putting emulators on an iOS device right now. A couple years ago they changed their developer program so that people could develop apps for their own devices without paying a $99 fee for the signing certificate necessary to sign apps so they could run on hardware. You're allowed to "develop" for your own device. Even if you're not familiar with coding, you can still take advantage of this to get open source emulators onto your device. It's as simple as downloading & installing the developer tools, downloading the source code to one of the open source emulators, and then using the dev tools to compile and install the code on your device. Once it's on there, it works like any other app. (Although it won't be part of backups, so if you switch devices you'll need to re-install the app manually via the dev tools)

For example, here's a multi-system (SMS/GG/Genesis/SCD/32x/NES/SNES/GBA etc) emulator for iOS:
https://github.com/j...ding-Provenance

The steps walk you through how to install it, no jailbreaking required. Unfortunately, if you don't have access to a Mac (or a Virtual machine running macOS) then this is not an option.

Yeah, unfortunately I kind of don't have a Mac. I've been looking to escape from the apple ecosystem anyway, to be honest.

#186 User is online Dark Sonic 

Posted 09 February 2018 - 09:47 AM

• Project:Working on my art!
  • Wiki edits:10
Hey is that Sega Forever rep still around here? Has he addressed why the Sega Forever rebrands for Sonic 1, 2, and CD make the game worse than before? Because it's really scummy and disgraceful.

#187 User is offline Blue Blood 

Posted 09 February 2018 - 12:48 PM

• Wiki edits:6

View PostDark Sonic, on 09 February 2018 - 09:47 AM, said:

Hey is that Sega Forever rep still around here? Has he addressed why the Sega Forever rebrands for Sonic 1, 2, and CD make the game worse than before? Because it's really scummy and disgraceful.

caffinedreamer was last online yesterday. He can't and shouldn't be expected to address why the rebranded games are so much worse; it's not his fault and all he can do is try to put the heat on those in charge to start making an effort. He's a good guy for reaching out to the fans directly and trying to spread some good will.

#188 User is online Dark Sonic 

Posted 09 February 2018 - 01:03 PM

• Project:Working on my art!
  • Wiki edits:10
That's fair, perhaps my wording was off, I didn't mean to imply that he was scummy (he's not, he runs around and gives free codes, he's a good guy). That'd be like saying it's Aaron's fault that Forces came out the way it did (and he actually helped remove the pay to play Super Sonic thing, good for him). It's just a shame as the idea of Sega Forever is cool, it's just that the execution is lacking.

Sega's so weird. In some ways they're really cool, like they're generally ok with hacks and fan games. Hell the Unleashed Project is a thing and they didn't even bat an eye, even though that involved porting over levels from a game that people could still buy. But the stuff they release into the wild is so anti consumer it's mind boggling. Who's in charge of those sorts of policies? I mean they've had to have noticed the wide spread hate by now right?
This post has been edited by Dark Sonic: 09 February 2018 - 01:04 PM

• 13 Pages +
  • ◄ First
    Locked Forum

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users