Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Sonic Unleashed (Preview Build) - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Jump to content

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 2 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2
    Locked
    Locked Forum

Sonic Unleashed (Preview Build) Hey look Debug Mode! ;)

#1 User is offline N!NJA 

Posted 06 December 2016 - 10:34 AM

  • Posts: 68
  • Joined: 28-July 14
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Under your bed.
  • Project:Collecting all Cartridge based Sonic games and their regional variations!
Here's the one you've all been waiting for! Just early, I'm going to be away on the 9th so Christmas has come early for you Sonic fans.

This is a preview build of Sonic Unleashed for the xbox 360.

The exact date is unknown, The disk was written 1/09/2008 yet the XEX says Sun Aug 31 22:41:02 2008 while the dev menu says Revision 6005 Mon Apr 21 06:50:59 2008.

This has to be one of the best betas out of all the others I released! It's full of debug menu's, Tools, Early levels changed graphics and there's even the E3 Menu still within the files. Did I mention there's some old level files still on disk and some boot? :o

Posted Image
(Picture of the titlescreen from this build. Click for a larger image.)

This build is sadly missing a "Disk 2" but there's still ton's of epic goody's buried within this.

Before you launch, The debug menu is very buggy and can cause your 360 to freeze. If you've got 360 XDK/Dev Kit this is more ideal to test on as you can use the xbox 360 SDK to reboot the system on crash without powering down. I cannot legally provide a link to this so please don't ask.

Posted Image
(Picture of the disk, Click for a larger version.)

Notes:
Clicking left on the title screen shows an "install" menu. Clicking this enables you to select levels/some cool features etc.
Clicking LB + RB + B opens the debug menu. (Clicking again closes.) Hey, check out that dismembered arm!
Clicking the Left stick and pressing X opens the Sequence Check Menu. (Clicking again closes.)

Loads of screenshots can be found here, http://imgone.co/category/unleashed

But here's a few for the thread. (Clicking the image opens the full sized image.)

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

Please use this thread for finds etc, http://forums.sonicr...showtopic=36209

Single Link Download (Mega Premium Needed) Sonic Unleashed Preview Build: https://mega.nz/#!xw...Apw1CWa4cwee_9w
XEX Info: http://pastebin.com/raw/50uHSbbh

EDIT: Few people have issues with Mega's download limit on free accounts. I've split the iso into 7 chunks and reuploaded to a few other hosts. I suggest using adblock to be safe as I've never used these before other then to check speed of the downloads.

To recombine the iso use this tool: http://www.filesplit...r-v5.0.1189.exe

Open and click join files and select the file ending .iso.chunk001 (make sure all 7 parts are in the same folder.)

These links below are interchangeable so if one reaches the maximum downloads you can use the other host for the next link. i.e Chunk1 Mega then Chunk 2 1fichier and so on. 1fichier allows full speed on files also without an account but there is a small timer after you finish. (Thankfully not as long as Mega's.)

Chunk1,
https://1fichier.com/?2haz7ypn3s

Chunk 1 Mirror,
https://mega.nz/#!po...NOyz5cf7KTlFmwI

Chunk 2,
https://1fichier.com/?vp9wfrqoas

Chunk 2 Mirror,
https://mega.nz/#!M5...kt0NhdvlLC7BdSQ

Chunk 3,
https://1fichier.com/?hsvmgvd6q6

Chunk 3 Mirror,
https://mega.nz/#!lg...RtaFjV3GR3r7iqs

Chunk 4,
https://1fichier.com/?9xswvnd926

Chunk 4 Mirror,
https://mega.nz/#!9p...DIHgAB-kytH8Y3A

Chunk 5,
https://1fichier.com/?xkyvtm51wy

Chunk 5 Mirror,
https://mega.nz/#!Bp...cJ2MJNzdafg6sOg

Chunk 6,
https://1fichier.com/?9nfz426hp7

Chunk 6 Mirror,
https://mega.nz/#!09...sM5OekXG0DLzkEU

Chunk 7,
https://1fichier.com/?gqelm7iiip

Chunk 7 Mirror,
https://mega.nz/#!pk...3j6Wq5cnNGGhiYc



Merry Christmas, I know it's early.. ;)
This post has been edited by N!NJA: 06 December 2016 - 02:58 PM

#2 User is offline Twilightzoney 

Posted 06 December 2016 - 01:59 PM

  • Posts: 332
  • Joined: 19-February 10
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Elgin, IL And Hampshire
  • Project:Unleashed and Generations Stuff and Custom Works
Sweetness. Thanks will happily look through all this great stuff.

#3 User is offline N!NJA 

Posted 06 December 2016 - 02:18 PM

  • Posts: 68
  • Joined: 28-July 14
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Under your bed.
  • Project:Collecting all Cartridge based Sonic games and their regional variations!

View PostTwilightzoney, on 06 December 2016 - 01:59 PM, said:

Sweetness. Thanks will happily look through all this great stuff.



Not a problem. A few people said they're hitting Mega's lame download limit on the single file. For the past hour or so I've been uploading a split version with interchangeable links so if Mega imposes the time limit you can change host. This won't work on the original link sadly but the hosts I've picked seem to be fast as Mega is.

Will edit these into the first post shortly, Still got a few GB to upload on the Mega one's.

#4 User is offline DarkVDee 

Posted 06 December 2016 - 02:29 PM

  • Vampire Pixel Artist
  • Posts: 236
  • Joined: 08-November 15
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:California
  • Project:Sonic: Haven Home World
Still wished there were a Ps3 beta build. I don't have a 360 which make me sad thatI can't play this...
But one thing for sure is that I hope that the cutting room floor will make plenty of documents for me to read

#5 User is offline N!NJA 

Posted 06 December 2016 - 03:03 PM

  • Posts: 68
  • Joined: 28-July 14
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Under your bed.
  • Project:Collecting all Cartridge based Sonic games and their regional variations!

View PostDarkVDee, on 06 December 2016 - 02:29 PM, said:

Still wished there were a Ps3 beta build. I don't have a 360 which make me sad thatI can't play this...
But one thing for sure is that I hope that the cutting room floor will make plenty of documents for me to read



Don't know of any PS3 Unleashed builds sadly. I have 1 All-Stars Racing build but I cannot post that here due to rules but the links on AssemblerGames but I won't link the threads here.

I know of 2 more Wii Unleashed builds 1 DRX has but wants/wanted cash to dump. Thread was years ago so not sure if he still does. He also has a 360 build of Unleashed if I remember right.

The other Wii build I'm trying to buy as we speak from a private seller. There's possibly some "alpha builds" in this lot but I won't know more for a few weeks yet. (Also possibly WiiU builds.)

#6 User is offline DarkVDee 

Posted 06 December 2016 - 05:45 PM

  • Vampire Pixel Artist
  • Posts: 236
  • Joined: 08-November 15
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:California
  • Project:Sonic: Haven Home World

View PostN!NJA, on 06 December 2016 - 03:03 PM, said:

View PostDarkVDee, on 06 December 2016 - 02:29 PM, said:

Still wished there were a Ps3 beta build. I don't have a 360 which make me sad thatI can't play this...
But one thing for sure is that I hope that the cutting room floor will make plenty of documents for me to read



Don't know of any PS3 Unleashed builds sadly. I have 1 All-Stars Racing build but I cannot post that here due to rules but the links on AssemblerGames but I won't link the threads here.

I know of 2 more Wii Unleashed builds 1 DRX has but wants/wanted cash to dump. Thread was years ago so not sure if he still does. He also has a 360 build of Unleashed if I remember right.

The other Wii build I'm trying to buy as we speak from a private seller. There's possibly some "alpha builds" in this lot but I won't know more for a few weeks yet. (Also possibly WiiU builds.)


More builds?! Damn you are doing God's work here

#7 User is offline Mors 

Posted 06 December 2016 - 06:22 PM

  • Fangame Creator
  • Posts: 117
  • Joined: 15-December 14
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Turkey
  • Project:Super Mario Flashback
Wow, this is some great stuff! There are a lot of differences which is really interesting. (I saw them in this video.)
And that jumpball! :specialed: I've always loved it and finally we have its model. Can't wait until someone ports that to Generations lol. I wish that smoke like boost effect was still there though.

#8 User is offline evilhamwizard 

Posted 06 December 2016 - 07:23 PM

  • Posts: 1248
  • Joined: 16-June 04
  • Gender:Male
  • Wiki edits:109
Posted Image

lel

I got it to run in xenia, but of course the emulation isn't the best at the moment. For the future, just in case xenia ever gets capable enough to run the game, you need to extract all the files from the ISO into a directory and decrypt/uncompress the .xex with xextool.

#9 User is offline N!NJA 

Posted 06 December 2016 - 07:33 PM

  • Posts: 68
  • Joined: 28-July 14
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Under your bed.
  • Project:Collecting all Cartridge based Sonic games and their regional variations!

View Postevilhamwizard, on 06 December 2016 - 07:23 PM, said:


lel

I got it to run in xenia, but of course the emulation isn't the best at the moment. For the future, just in case xenia ever gets capable enough to run the game, you need to extract all the files from the ISO into a directory and decrypt/uncompress the .xex with xextool.



Oh wow didn't think 360 emulation had come that far.

By the way, Do you want me to upload the beta's to the HiddenPalace Wiki? Unless DRX doesn't want newer stuff posted. But saying that, I did spot a Wii build on it.

#10 User is offline evilhamwizard 

Posted 06 December 2016 - 07:40 PM

  • Posts: 1248
  • Joined: 16-June 04
  • Gender:Male
  • Wiki edits:109

View PostN!NJA, on 06 December 2016 - 07:33 PM, said:

View Postevilhamwizard, on 06 December 2016 - 07:23 PM, said:


lel

I got it to run in xenia, but of course the emulation isn't the best at the moment. For the future, just in case xenia ever gets capable enough to run the game, you need to extract all the files from the ISO into a directory and decrypt/uncompress the .xex with xextool.



Oh wow didn't think 360 emulation had come that far.

By the way, Do you want me to upload the beta's to the HiddenPalace Wiki? Unless DRX doesn't want newer stuff posted. But saying that, I did spot a Wii build on it.


Oh yeah, you might want to hold off on doing that for a while longer since we don't have a lot of disk space left. I'm keeping an archive of everything until we get some free space.

#11 User is offline N!NJA 

Posted 06 December 2016 - 07:48 PM

  • Posts: 68
  • Joined: 28-July 14
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Under your bed.
  • Project:Collecting all Cartridge based Sonic games and their regional variations!

View Postevilhamwizard, on 06 December 2016 - 07:40 PM, said:

View PostN!NJA, on 06 December 2016 - 07:33 PM, said:

View Postevilhamwizard, on 06 December 2016 - 07:23 PM, said:


lel

I got it to run in xenia, but of course the emulation isn't the best at the moment. For the future, just in case xenia ever gets capable enough to run the game, you need to extract all the files from the ISO into a directory and decrypt/uncompress the .xex with xextool.



Oh wow didn't think 360 emulation had come that far.

By the way, Do you want me to upload the beta's to the HiddenPalace Wiki? Unless DRX doesn't want newer stuff posted. But saying that, I did spot a Wii build on it.


Oh yeah, you might want to hold off on doing that for a while longer since we don't have a lot of disk space left. I'm keeping an archive of everything until we get some free space.



Glad I asked lol. If you need some private web storage I can do upto 400GB on my private server until DRX gets new drives added. (100MBIT port) WGET/Etc would work. Already got these builds uploaded to this server anyway if it helps. (Including the one's I cannot post here.)

#12 User is offline synchronizer 

Posted 06 December 2016 - 10:24 PM

  • Posts: 1719
  • Joined: 20-August 08
  • Gender:Male
  • Wiki edits:19
Any news regarding the cut werehog sections?

#13 User is offline MathUser 

Posted 09 December 2016 - 06:23 AM

  • 3rd top wiki contributor
  • Posts: 2031
  • Joined: 09-November 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Wiki edits:14,865
Thanks for posting this.

#14 User is offline Hivebrain 

Posted 12 December 2016 - 01:16 PM

  • Posts: 2653
  • Joined: 15-January 03
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:53.4N, 1.5W
  • Project:HivePal 2.0
  • Wiki edits:6,176
Is there something that can view the files in the iso or mount it as a virtual disc?

#15 User is offline Dark Sonic 

Posted 12 December 2016 - 01:19 PM

  • Posts: 9642
  • Joined: 21-April 06
  • Gender:Male
  • Project:Sonic Lost World: Nonexistent Six/Fixed Edition; Sonic Genesis Adventure (Let's see how long this lasts :V)
  • Wiki edits:10
So, judging from the content we've seen in this preview disc, what's the deal with the DLC. Are we looking at the modern version of Sonic & Knuckles as they had to get this out the door by Christmas? Or were there concerns that this wouldn't all fit on one disc and they had to cut some of the content in order to lower production costs? Or both perhaps?

Certainly seems like most of the DLC wasn't really new content after all. Shame.

  • 2 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2
    Locked
    Locked Forum

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users