Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Accessing Shadow the Hedgehog files - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 3 Pages +
    Locked Forum

Accessing Shadow the Hedgehog files

#31 User is offline total 

Posted 03 March 2016 - 08:32 PM

• Wiki edits:1

View Postshilz, on 03 March 2016 - 02:36 PM, said:

But he's right though. I tried the same thing and nothing showed in TXDWorkshop.

it has nothing to do with PRS compression.

Unless TXD Worksop is a bad choice since it's made specifically for GTA, but it worked with some Heroes files.

vicetxd only reads compressed Heroes PC txds (again, I'm talking about DXT5 compression, not PRS).
Shadow's txds obviouly have different pixel format, that's why none of those gta tools work (except PS2 versions)

#32 User is offline CommandanteStreakTH 

Posted 03 March 2016 - 11:41 PM

• Project:Project: Shadow

View Posttotal, on 03 March 2016 - 08:32 PM, said:

View Postshilz, on 03 March 2016 - 02:36 PM, said:

But he's right though. I tried the same thing and nothing showed in TXDWorkshop.

it has nothing to do with PRS compression.

Unless TXD Worksop is a bad choice since it's made specifically for GTA, but it worked with some Heroes files.

vicetxd only reads compressed Heroes PC txds (again, I'm talking about DXT5 compression, not PRS).
Shadow's txds obviouly have different pixel format, that's why none of those gta tools work (except PS2 versions)

What do you suggest I use then to read the .txd files? There doesn't seem to be any alternatives to said GTA tools.

(Also, can anyone tell me where the game stores its weapon files?)

#33 User is offline total 

Posted 04 March 2016 - 02:30 AM

• Wiki edits:1

View PostCommandanteStreakTH, on 03 March 2016 - 11:41 PM, said:

What do you suggest I use then to read the .txd files? There doesn't seem to be any alternatives to said GTA tools.

http://www.steve-m.c...ools/txdviewer/

(Also, can anyone tell me where the game stores its weapon files?)

common/weaponresource.one

#34 User is offline igorseabra4 

Posted 22 July 2016 - 03:13 PM

• Project:Heroes SCHG, Heroes Power Plant
  • Wiki edits:2
Has anyone succeeded on ripping the stage models from this game? I've been looking into that those last few days with no success. The files which I believe to be the stage models, which are RG1 files inside the ONE files (HeroesONE can extract them), are similar to a Heroes BSP but some structures are not the same (at least according to RWAnalyze). I've also tried to make a Shadow RG1 load in Heroes instead of a BSP after some tweaks in RWAnalyze, but nothing shows up ingame. Same for the collision files. I got a Shadow DFF to load in Heroes, but the materials seem to be a different format so the model shows up blank.

• 3 Pages +
    Locked Forum

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users