Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: elicense tagging SEGA content? - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 5 Pages +
  • ◄ First
    Locked Forum

elicense tagging SEGA content? What a sham!

#46 User is offline Lanzer 

Posted 04 February 2015 - 02:54 PM

• The saber calls for its master...
  • Project:Doing Stuff.
  • Wiki edits:1

View PostGalvatron, on 04 February 2015 - 12:19 PM, said:

This has all happened only a few months after this incident, too.

Do you think this bastard is just disguising himself under a different name and continuing his rampage?

#47 User is offline AngelComa 

Posted 04 February 2015 - 04:06 PM

Seems to me its not really SEGA but Sonic? All the claims I've seen here have been on Sonic videos.

#48 User is offline TheUltimaXtreme 

Posted 04 February 2015 - 04:16 PM

• Breaking logic since whenever
  • Project:LPs

View PostAndrew75, on 04 February 2015 - 12:32 PM, said:

What songs in videos have been targeted?

It seems thus far, any SEGA music that seems to be a spotlight.

For me, EGGMAN and Crisis City are the tracks that have cut my videos.

My decision at the moment is to be simple and unlist the videos that are being hit by elicense so that they don't get any views, and these blokes don't get any funds off it. That being said, the videos are technically still accessible in some places, but they won't come up in searches, so no money can be produced but a few pennies.

As for the possibility of "Streammer" returning from the grave, I don't know much about that issue, so I'm not certain where it keys in.

So far, the only one I'm seeing to be so high a possibility is of SoJ outsourcing to a company for their music, but that would be ridiculous judging from this video.

This describes what a REAL claim by SEGA should look like. Now of course, in that video, "elicense" has claimed a video for a REMIX of a Sega track. Could smell of the Streammer story brew, but certainly nothing new.

The proper name is actually e-License, but http://www.elicense.co.jp has a post that dates to June 11 of last year, not very recent, and not accurate... But that same post explains the release of their new content management system. It's a curious basket.

#49 User is offline Galvatron 

Posted 04 February 2015 - 05:43 PM

View PostAngelComa, on 04 February 2015 - 04:06 PM, said:

Seems to me its not really SEGA but Sonic? All the claims I've seen here have been on Sonic videos.

I've just checked through my copyright notices and I've got some on some OutRun 2 and Virtua Fighter 3 videos that I've not actually published yet. But I've yet to receive any on stuff like the Streets of Rage and Virtua Fighter 5 videos I've done, at least not yet.

View PostLanzer, on 04 February 2015 - 02:54 PM, said:

Do you think this bastard is just disguising himself under a different name and continuing his rampage?

I doubt it, the moment someone posted that they'd forwarded it to SEGA's legal department was the moment he seemed to vanish. I mean I didn't even have to dispute the claims he'd made on some videos, they disappeared too.

#50 User is offline Effexor 

Posted 04 February 2015 - 08:50 PM

• JUSTICE
  • Wiki edits:36
I got hit by this, too. Sonic 2, Sonic 3, Sonic Adventure, Sonic Rush, all kinds of Sonic music got hit. Even the Little Planet theme and Sonic 4 music. This reminds me of that one instance where this one distribution company started flagging a bunch of Mega Man music that I also got hit with because Capcom was releasing the soundtracks on iTunes or something. It's shit like this that really make me hate YouTube's contentID system. It's fucking broken, and it won't get fixed until they give a shit, which will never happen.
This post has been edited by Effexor: 04 February 2015 - 08:51 PM

#51 User is offline Tiranno 

Posted 05 February 2015 - 01:53 AM

• Steveosaurus Rex
So uh...I just got this less than 24 hours after disputing:

Posted Image

#52 User is offline Lanzer 

Posted 05 February 2015 - 01:58 AM

• The saber calls for its master...
  • Project:Doing Stuff.

View PostTiranno, on 05 February 2015 - 01:53 AM, said:

So uh...I just got this less than 24 hours after disputing:

Posted Image

See! proof positive it pays to fight back!!

Now then, what about the rest of you?

#53 User is offline RazoZen 

Posted 05 February 2015 - 02:09 AM

• Project:Current projects: Various Sonic hacks. The Emeralds Quest.
Hey, guys. I think I might have good news about this problem as well.
Razor and I are always disputing all the claims. We had more than 50 videos claimed by elicense on our channel.
But just overnight a few hours ago about 20 claims were released and monetization was brought back on these videos. For now it sounds good enough already. This might be either elicense being finally brought down by SEGA, or maybe, if elicense is really affiliated with SoJ, they might as well just looking into the problem and letting all the stuff that falls under the fair use go. We'll try to keep you informed once we get more info.

UPD: There're even less claims left now. They are probably taken all down by a Youtube bot or something since the claims are being lifted quite quickly. There're less than 15 claims left now.
This post has been edited by RazoZen: 05 February 2015 - 02:23 AM

#54 User is offline Paraxade 

Posted 05 February 2015 - 07:05 AM

The one claim I got on my account is gone now. I didn't dispute it; it seems to have disappeared on its own. Wonder if whoever was responsible for this realized they fucked up and is in the process of releasing the claims now.

#55 User is offline Dario FF 

Posted 05 February 2015 - 07:32 AM

• Tech Support Hotline
  • Project:SonicGLvl
All but 2 of my claims are gone now. While the lack of communication has been frustrating it sounds like the issue's finally being solved.

Still changing the music of anything Sonic-related on the future that I upload though.

FWIW I didn't dispute any of these.
This post has been edited by Dario FF: 05 February 2015 - 07:32 AM

#56 User is offline BlazeHedgehog 

Posted 05 February 2015 - 09:01 AM

• A "Community Enigma"?
  • Wiki edits:51
I still have a couple of outstanding elicense claims, but they were made more than a year ago, and on videos that weren't especially popular.

All of the NEW elicense claims made in the last week seem to have vanished as of today.

#57 User is offline Dude 

Posted 05 February 2015 - 09:11 AM

• Project:Random VR/AR trash
  • Wiki edits:43
Yep, all the claims they've made against me are gone now too.

GJ SEGA.

#58 User is offline D.A. Garden 

Posted 05 February 2015 - 10:15 AM

• Wiki edits:44
I can confirm that the 2 Copyright Claims on my videos are also removed. I'm glad that this was sorted once it got out of hand. I just wish we knew what actually happened.

#59 User is offline Galvatron 

Posted 05 February 2015 - 12:17 PM

All of the matches I had are gone now, and like Dario I hadn't even disputed/acknowledged any of them.

#60 User is offline TimmiT 

Posted 05 February 2015 - 01:35 PM

• ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Wiki edits:8
SEGA's Twitter has finally responded, and has confirmed that eLicense is doing this independently. They're also trying to stop these claims from going out now: https://twitter.com/...404946108710912

• 5 Pages +
  • ◄ First
    Locked Forum

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users