don't click here

Sonic Runners announced (Sonic Team/Mobile)

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by 360, Dec 28, 2014.

1. GameMusic

GameMusic

Does the RC battle cruiser actually increase the red ring rate? Is it useful?

Is the best use of red rings the limit crush?

How are you supposed to fight the max level drill eggmobile? Up until that eggman is usually prety easy. However I could not establish any viable technique against him except to fly and hope you receive enough high bounces to continually fly over the drills. It's completely dependent on chance, however.

2. big smile

big smile

Oldbie
    It used to work quite well, but a bug nerfed it back at the start of the year. Same with RC Pirate ship.

If you limit break to Lv10, you'll get a 300% score bonus and double the time in time mode, so normally it would be a good use. However, you can also use Gold Rings to do this. Plus the game is closing down next week, so....

Get your character to EXP lvl 100, as the power ups last longer. Then equip invincibility, shield and any color power. Use Wizard Chao for extra invicibility time or Caliburn/Moon Mech for extra hits.

3. MartiusR

MartiusR

@GameMusic - to be honest, I've got big problems with this boss too, but I've found some solution which can be a bit useful.

If you're using speed or flying character, then pay more attention to avoid... unnecessary bouncers rather than drills. I know it sounds a bit weird, but in fact one of the most effective ways is to use bouncers to have "additional" jump (in effect you're in the air and now can simply fall down or use 1/2/3 jumps, depending on the situation) or avoid them to not be bounced into the drill (disclaimer - it's not always obvious like in case of "ring bosses" on normal courses, sometimes it's worth to jump onto "jumping" bouncer or avoid "standing still" bouncer").

The choice "fly or speed" is up to you, I personally have feeling that speed character is giving you more control over character (the moments of descending are quite dangerous for flying characters), but on the other hand, flying character is allowing to keep in the air for longer amount of time (which can be disadvantage, because you can miss the moment when Eggman is rushing).

Big Smile mentioned about using power-ups - they're very useful indeed (I'm personally using Caliburn, only 2nd level, but still great help in figth with bosses), but it can be not enough if you're aiming into defeating eggman in one attempt.

Of course I am aware that any advice is not enough with the fact, that you need to pay attention both to drills and bouncers to make it through (and personally, I have biggest problem with this, even with using mentioned methods).

4. GameMusic

GameMusic

Thanks.

Is there a way to run this on a PC? Android/ios emulator? It freezes and crashes frequently on iPad.

Are buddies completely random? AFAIK you can only obtain them from roulette except for Chao Walker. But some of you talk of getting Caliburn, Tornado, etc. Did you just get lucky or collect many special eggs to get them?

Similarly, is there a way to influence what I get when I level up? It would be a great help if I could raise invincibility, laser, and asteroid instead of the useless springs.

Right now I have 630 red rings and 1,400,000 rings. Would I be better to spend those on 3 limit breaks and level Vector to 100, 4 limits if I can reach 2m, or a different way?

Is there a way to control the power action reliably? It randomly angles up and down and occasionally I get killed that way. It also adds a momentary vulnerability to enemies/eggman at the end of a dash which is incredibly weird.

So is it not working in any way, or giving a less than advertised rate? Level 0 it claims is 170%.

5. MartiusR

MartiusR

Buddies are unfortunately random, as far as I know, at this moment only this genie girl (Shahra?) and her dark counterfit are possible to obtain for going one level up in rankings (normal and "time limit"). Other than that - you need a lot of luck in roullette (one good thing is, that you've got some chances to obtain one in item's roullette too, "just" need to draw "Big" in first level of roullette). I've watched on youtube some method which was supposed to be easy way to draw character in roullette (in theory it could be useful for any draw), but I've never performed it successfully (it was about tapping in the right moment to slow down the needle and let it stop on specified field).

And as you've mentioned, leveling character is always random, so there is no other way to put a lot of rings into high level to improve some useful bonuses.

About the "power action" - I'm not sure if I understood correctly, is it about one of the color wisps (laser)? The moments when it ascend or descend are always determined, only thing you can do is tapping the screen to collect all stuff from the screen.

I would suggest to pack the resources primarily into characters, which you're using as "first-choice" characters, and if you're not doing too well with some type (I personally have difficulties with Power character), then better ignore it and pack only some rings to level up a bit. I don't know if it's only me, but I've noticed that in every run I can't run with second character as long as with the first one (even not counting first, easiest parts of the track). Although I don't know what characters are you using at this moment).

6. Sir_mihael

Sir_mihael

DON'T TRUST THIS MAN Member
    Well, I can happily say I'm done with Runners now.

Reached the end of Story Mode (The ending did not make up for the hours getting through Episode 50...). Got up to Three-star S Rank on Story rankings, and I unlocked Metal Sonic and Blaze as characters amonst the usual lot..
    With a bit more time, I would have liked to have got some more Buddies and maybe the rest of the characters, but I'm happy with my progress.

Now to watch the thing crash and burn for good. Thanks for the time-killer SEGA, and better luck with the next Mobile Game! :)

7. big smile

big smile

Oldbie
    Here's a tip to get some last minute rings.

Go to Settings > Achievements and log in with a different Google Play Account.
    Any achievement you have got previously will be re-awarded to the new Google Play Account and you'll get a generous ring bonus for the achievements.
    You can repeat this as many times as you want with a different account.
    You get the most achievements for unlocking each character, so if you have a good selection of characters, you can get a lot of rings.

It's a bit of a hassle, but if you are desperate to purchase a character before the game ends, this is the quickest way.

8. GameMusic

GameMusic

The power 'slide' of Vector, Knuckles, etc. is not always a straight line but 'slides' up and down slightly at ... random? Do any of you understand why or how?

If I transfer to a different device, will I still have my revives and mail? Will it correctly transfer everything but my red rings? I discovered that I can make the game run better on a different device but absolutely can not if I would lose the revives I have built up in the inbox. If I spend red rings on revives will the revives get brought to the other device if I have, say, 100? If I do this will the game on the original device get deleted or stay the same as it is now?

Can I do the settings-achievements trick with an IOS game? I think you receive a bonus of 5000 rings per achievement right? So I would need, say, 100 achievements and 4 accounts to get a character?

That is for a team of 2 chaotix?

Limit to ten would give you 150% ring bonus per chaotix member?

9. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Actually none of it matters, the game is dead as of tomorrow. :specialed:

10. MartiusR

MartiusR

@Dark Sonic - but we still can squeeze the juice from it today :P

@GameMusic - power slide can be slightly "disturbed" if you've hook up a bit on the edge of platform/ground or if you've slide on some hill'shaped part of the level. But I didn't noticed anything else, maybe it's some sort of false collision detection.

I'm not sure if this transfer is working correctly at all. I've tried about week (or two) ago to make transfer and despite the fact that I've implemented all data correctly (including password you're creating during preparation process), it didn't "caught" my profile. I've got no idea if it's not caused by the fact that I've left my old profile (because I've lost access to it after uninstalling the game - I mean to game's profile, not Google Play) and created a new one, under the same Google Play account, or else, but still - I couldn't figure out, why it's not working. There was some update yesterday, but I've got no idea what it actually updated.

Don't know about the achievement trick, since I don't have any device with iOS, and I didn't even wanted to try on Android version, since it won't help me too much at this point :P

Aaand yesterday I've made my new record - almost 53 mln points (earlier I couldn't even get 40 mln). I regret a bit that I couldn't make a couple of records of this game (I've got no idea how to do it), just for my own caprice :P

11. big smile

big smile

Oldbie

For two Chaotix it is 340% ring bonus and 200% score bonus. 1 Chaotix is half.

If you transfer on the same platform (e.g. Android to Android), then everything transfers over. Be sure to set a password on your old device before transfering.

Don't know anything about iOS, as I've not used iOS Runners.

12. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Welp, final day guys. anybody gonna play today?

13. Rosie

Rosie

aka Rosie Member
    Eh, I'll give it a go. I'm still miffed about having to gamble for a CHANCE to get Classic Sonic (I didn't), but it'll give me something to do while watching TV. I actually didn't know that today was the last day, but I did fancy playing it earlier and downloaded it when I realised the game wasn't on my phone. No better time than now, then

14. GameMusic

GameMusic

Would I have a synchronization on 2 devices or would the initial device get data delete?

15. big smile

big smile

Oldbie
    I've been playing every day since the soft launch. It's going to feel so strange not to be able to play anymore!

When you transfer to a new device, the old device can no longer be used and displays an error message.

16. GameMusic

GameMusic

Well I finished the story literally minutes from midnight. But it was supposedly over at 2AM Pacific so why was there a 'maintenance' just now?

17. big smile

big smile

Oldbie
    Yes, they seemed to have killed the game 3 hours early.
    Sega couldn't even shut down this game properly. I was hoping to have one last game before the advertised deadline!

Interestingly, the game just says it is undergoing maintenance (rather than that it has been shut down). And it's still available in the play store. It'd be neat if they were planning some sort of offline only update, but I think it's unlikely.

18. MartiusR

MartiusR

I've met about three months ago similar case with Aerena, when people were asking developer to "modify" their game to be able to play in offline mode (since the game was supposed to be shut down), but he replied that due to the fact that Aerena was app based on "client-server" logic, it would take some resources and time to modify it (in fact "re-made" it). And I'm guessing that it's the similar case with Sonic Runners, so probably we won't see any offline version of it (which is a shame). I'm guessing that it will be some sort of "lazy" closing the game - with notoriously jumping errors about no connection, and that's it.

(Although I don't mind if there is some surprise behind the corner)

19. You-Are-Pwned

You-Are-Pwned

It is time to present...

[​IMG]

20. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Interesting. How does one access this. And who is "me?" Is it you?