don't click here

SEGA games with Redbook Audio Soundtracks

Discussion in 'General Sega Discussion' started by Sploit, Aug 25, 2014.

1. Sploit

Sploit

Just though it might be cool to have a topic for this.

I think it was a cool idea, and it is kind of a shame they stopped doing this, although I see why, since it essnetially means you have the soundtrack on the game disc and they therefore do not make as much money from selling the music separately.

Anyway, I have a few Saturn and Mega CD games that all have this audio format.

So as a result this means I have been able to gain a fair few soundtracks for my music collection from the games themselves :)/>

Just wondered though, is there a resource for getting the correct naming conventions for the tracks? As some are perfect but some all just come up as Track 1, Track, Track 3 etc, whilst others are just named incorrectly (Daytona Circuit Edition).

If this already has a topic, feel free to trash or whatever.

2. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Your media player should be pulling from GraceNote, so it's entirely at the mercy of whoever put the track data in in the first place (if at all, per Track 1, etc).

3. Meat Miracle

Meat Miracle

Researcher
    Nearly all Mega CD and the grand majority of Saturn games used CD Audio so a shorter list would be which ones didn't.

Satakore does list sometimes if a game uses cd audio or something else.

4. Sploit

Sploit

No worries, I found information on the Daytona USA Circuit Edition Soundtrack, but that is all so far.

Virtua Fighter 2 I worked out using previews on the iTunes version on the store (but the Saturn redbook audio has more tracks).

Yeah, I just meant more correct naming conventions for those that did have them.

I know what you mean though, since Sonic Jam, doesn't have it really, only the logo title screen where it goes 'Sonikku Chimu'.

5. Falk

Falk

This reason is so far down the list it's not even worth mentioning.

Read-hogging, space constraints and sequential read limitations all actually technical limitations that people could do without.

6. Xilla

Xilla

I was actually quite surprised when I popped in my Mega CD copy of F1: Heavenly Symphony and Windows Media Player included all the names for the tracks (Differing from the OST though: "Ready to Detonate" was listed as "Race Briefing").

7. Falk

Falk

Did you have WMP set up to auto-retrieve album data?

8. Xilla

Xilla

Yep.

Never did that with any other CD games I put in. Strange.