Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: SA2/SADX Mod Loader - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 15 Pages +
  • ◄ First
    Locked Forum

SA2/SADX Mod Loader I am the best at names

#181 User is offline Neo 

Posted 26 December 2016 - 03:29 PM

• Clackerjack
  • Project:Sonic 3 Unlocked
  • Wiki edits:1

View PostClownacy, on 26 December 2016 - 10:47 AM, said:

There should be a mod somewhere for the Steam version that turns it into the 2004 version. No need to track down a physical copy. ...This is it.
Hmm, I'll check it out.

View PostMainMemory, on 26 December 2016 - 11:41 AM, said:

For the same reason it only supports the US release of the 2004 version, because everything in the game's code and data has completely different addresses between the versions. In order for the mod loader to support every version of the game, we'd need to make different builds of the mod loader for each version that patch different addresses, and then we'd have to make different builds of each of the mods...

I made the decision even before the Steam version was released that I wouldn't be supporting it at all for hacking, and I'm glad that I did that, because not only would supporting it have required doing all the research again to find all the code/data that we already found in the 2004 version, and making two versions of the mod loader and the split inis, but then Sega updated it, so we'd have to start over from scratch AGAIN. I am so glad Sega hasn't updated SA2.
Those are all excellent points.

Thanks friends.

#182 User is offline LimitCrown 

Posted 27 December 2016 - 04:07 AM

I noticed a short while ago that the lens flare effect that normally happens in Emerald Coast didn't appear. I disabled the mods that I was using one by one in order to determine which one was preventing it from appearing, but not even disabling the all of the mods that I was using fixes the issue. Uninstalling the loader makes the lens flare appear again. I don't know whether this oddity is due to the mod loader itself or if it's something that only I'm experiencing.

#183 User is offline Morph 

Posted 27 December 2016 - 04:23 PM

• AKA SonicFreak94.
  • Project:SA1/2 hax
  • Wiki edits:11
The lens flare seems to be a bit finicky, particularly with hud scaling enabled. Using the window resize branch however, it's rare to see it disappear ever (if not just occasionally place the sun on top of Sonic due to some kinks I need to work out), so perhaps when that gets merged into master it will alleviate the issue.

#184 User is offline Irixion 

Posted 28 December 2016 - 02:58 PM

• Project:Life
  • Wiki edits:152
So, I remember now why I haven't played this. I'm assuming my copy of SADX is a bootleg (I bought the Steam version but I don't feel like using that at all). If I don't use the patch, it tells me the wrong disc is inserted (regardless of whether I put in disc one or two). SADX Mod Loader doesn't seem to disable the disc check. I'm not sure what to do now :(

#185 User is offline MainMemory 

Posted 28 December 2016 - 03:54 PM

• Every day's the same old thing... Same place, different day...
  • Project:SonLVL
  • Wiki edits:1,339
You probably don't have the correct EXE.

#186 User is offline E-122-Psi 

Posted 31 December 2016 - 02:25 PM

• Wiki edits:41
Hello I'm having new problems with the Mod Loader on my finicky laptop. It's saying it can't start because MSVCP140.dll is missing from my computer.

Is that file connected in anyway to SADX's data or is just my laptop failing again?

#187 User is offline MainMemory 

Posted 31 December 2016 - 02:58 PM

MSVCP140.dll is part of the MSVC 2015 redist required by the mod loader and mods. If you had it installed before, maybe something corrupted the install or uninstalled it by accident.

#188 User is offline E-122-Psi 

Posted 31 December 2016 - 03:00 PM

View PostMainMemory, on 31 December 2016 - 02:58 PM, said:

MSVCP140.dll is part of the MSVC 2015 redist required by the mod loader and mods. If you had it installed before, maybe something corrupted the install or uninstalled it by accident.

Where can I reinstall it?

EDIT: I've heard this is some sort of recurring problem with certain games due to some update or redirectory, but also that many 'fixes' are untrustworthy. Is there any way to just find the stupid file on my computer?
This post has been edited by E-122-Psi: 31 December 2016 - 03:25 PM

#189 User is offline Turbohog 

Posted 31 December 2016 - 04:50 PM

• Wiki edits:22
Just install this:
https://www.microsof...s.aspx?id=48145

#190 User is offline E-122-Psi 

Posted 31 December 2016 - 06:00 PM

Ah, there we go. Thanx everyone. :D

#191 User is offline BlazeHedgehog 

Posted 02 January 2017 - 04:12 AM

• A "Community Enigma"?
  • Wiki edits:51
Okay, so, maybe this is a dumb question. Wanted to try out the new Dreamcast Levels mod, realized my version of SADX was lost on my old computer when I built this new one and installed Windows 10. Dig out my ISOs, get it all reinstalled, everything setup, install the Mod Manager

"Disable CD Check" doesn't seem to be working. Hitting "Save and Play" just makes SADX complain about the wrong CD being in the drive. I've mounted disc 1, disc 2, unmounted them completely, doesn't matter, it complains about it being the wrong disc (or there not being a disc at all) even though it shouldn't even be checking for a disc anyway.

Installing a no-cd crack causes the Mod Manager to complain that I have the wrong executable (that's fair), but there doesn't seem to be any way to get the mod manager to actually disable the CD check? Like, I'm pretty sure I have the right version of SADX here. The mod manager seems perfectly content using the clean EXE I installed from the ISO, it's just not applying the CD check skip and otherwise can't be run at all. Any ideas where I'm going wrong?

I'm mounting my ISOs with Daemon Tools 10.4
This post has been edited by BlazeHedgehog: 02 January 2017 - 04:57 AM

#192 User is offline E-122-Psi 

Posted 02 January 2017 - 09:45 AM

I do have to use an older laptop so that might be your problem. My newest one for some reason won't load it at all, with or without Mod Loader. Not even the mentioned error messages, just nothing happens.

Since the game was made for Windows XP I suppose compatibility issues will occur.
This post has been edited by E-122-Psi: 02 January 2017 - 09:47 AM

#193 User is offline BlazeHedgehog 

Posted 02 January 2017 - 12:22 PM

• A "Community Enigma"?
  • Wiki edits:51
Well, I'm king idiot, I scrolled up and saw somebody else had the exact same problem as I did with the CD check -- and the linked, fixed EXE did the trick.

The only problem now is that when I launch SADX, now Windows is constantly asking me the "Are you sure you want to let this program modify your HDD?" warning, and the Mod Manager throws up an error about "WaitForInputIdle failed." Which are annoying, but not showstoppers.

#194 User is offline MainMemory 

Posted 02 January 2017 - 12:39 PM

The mod loader's CD check disabling does work, I use a completely unmodified exe and it runs without the disc in. I think the mod loader's version check is not as accurate as it should be, it seems to confuse the EU version for the US version.

As for the warning message, check the EXE file's properties for an "Unblock" button.

#195 User is offline Irixion 

Posted 02 January 2017 - 03:29 PM

• Project:Life
  • Wiki edits:152
Before I posted here I dug up a torrent for a crack, and the mod loader complained that it wasn't the right version. Sooooo, I deleted it, reinstalled SADX and asked here :V. I don't want to have a disc in my drive at all

• 15 Pages +
  • ◄ First
    Locked Forum

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users